L'Ambroisie, Paris

Outside of L'Ambroise
    by Herkbert
  • L'Ambroisie
    by aromes_mtl
    Restaurant L'Ambroisie, Paris (1)
    by aromes_mtl

Event: Lunch at restaurant L’Ambroisie, Paris
    When: Friday March 25th 2011 12:30
    Overall rating:
    10/10 for the food.
    Same for the impeccable service that I've experienced there.

The meal:

-Langoustine, ananas, velouté de crustacés - the langoustine itself was a treat (divinely tasty, moist) but the amazement did not stop there: that little complimentary ‘brunoise‘ of pineapple (mixed with dices of green, red peppers) was not your next-door brunoise. Think of a luxurious, geniusly-concocted brunoise that sets the reference for all other brunoise. The velouté was very tasty too.
    -Chaud froid d’oeuf mollet au cresson , asperges vertes, caviar oscietre gold– The oeuf mollet (the egg is successfully half cooked as it should) was covered with a layer of watercress sauce (I enjoyed the interesting kick brought by the sourness of the watercress to the egg) and served along asparagus (they have mastered the doneness of the vegetable pretty well) and caviar (typical oscietra thin flavor, a rich quality salty fish roe as I expect at such heavy price).
    -Another excellent dishes were the Sea bass and artichoke atop a caviar (Ocietra gold from Iran) white butter sauce (slightly less impressive than the first two, but largely a well concocted dish, with the idea of mixing caviar and fish being an absolute recipe for deliciousness) + the "tarte fine au chocolat".

Favorite Dish: No particular favorite since they were all daringly excellent in terms of taste, flavors

• Luxury Travel
    • Wine Tasting

• Herkbert's Profile Photo

L'Ambroisie: French perfection!

by Herkbert Updated Oct 12, 2008

Outside of L'Ambroise

L'Ambroise was as near to our perfect french restaurant as we could have imagined. The wait staff was impeccably dressed, the linens crisp and white, the flowers arranged around the restaurant, even the other diners - who were all very well dressed Parisians were right out of a script.

The food was outstanding -- each course cooked perfectly and presented with a flair. The wine list read like an encyclopedia of the world's finest wines (and the prices reflected that too).

The silly Americans thought they could fit in.. well, guess what? We did and we enjoyed the experience and claim it to be one of our top 2 overall restaurant experiences ever. Why?

Well, as I've said the food was terrific. The wine was terrific. The waiters were awesome. (As we were going through the dessert list, our waiter was explaining the selections and when he mentioned one in particular and described it as a Napolean. My wife piped in that "Monsieur, Napolean was an emperor, not a dessert". I thought he was going to start crying he was laughing so hard. When it was time to serve the desserts, he proceeded to follow his fellow waiters out with our desserts and when they parted, he was carrying her dessert with his hand in his jacket like the famous Napolean pose). It was incredible.

And I forgot to mention, the restaurant is located in the beaitiful Place des Vosges which only added to the day.

Do you think we liked it?

PS.. Do make your reservations well in advance. It seems that other people like it too!

Favorite Dish: We visited Paris in March and were delighted to find that the restaurant had a special Truffle menu available. Both white and black truffles were used in the preparation of each course and the flavor was unbelievable.

For the record, I had the Croustillant de selle d'agneau de Sisteron en persillade de truffe. (and it was a fabulous rack of lamb).

• MVMT's Profile Photo

L'Ambroisie (at 9 Place Des...

by MVMT Written Aug 24, 2002

L'Ambroisie (at 9 Place Des Vosges)
    Its atmosphere and location is the best. I love Place des Vosges.

Favorite Dish: Everything is outstanding!!! I love good food.

Instant Answers: Paris

Comments

Hotels Near L'Ambroisie
4.0 out of 5 stars