L'Eté En Pente Douce, Paris

4 out of 5 stars 4 Reviews

23 Rue Muller, 75018 +33 1 42 64 02 67

Pork and Green Beans
    by RussianWulfgar
  • Me in front of L'ete En Pente Douce - Thumbs up!
    Me in front of L'ete En Pente Douce -...
    Stuffed Peppers in Saffron Sauce
  • jemima62's Profile Photo

L'Ete en Pente Douce: Montmartre but not as we know it

by jemima62 Updated Feb 23, 2009

We sought this place out as it had received some good reviews on VT and also cropped up in a book of Paris bistros that I have found to be reliable. I'm so glad we did as it has become a favourite of ours for lunch if we're anywhere near the 18th. It's very casual and popular with local people. Tourists (like us!) do find it but it's not overrun at all as it's away from the hustle and bustle of the Place due Tertre area of Montmartre down one of those very steep staircases and takes a little bit of seeking out. You can spot it by the brightly coloured tables outside. There is always a good range of vegetarian dishes on the menu, as well as daily specials, usually including a fish dish and classics like Blanquette de veau (veal in white wine and cream sauce).

Favorite Dish: The last time we ate there I had a huge salad with chicken, bacon and the delightfully named 'gizzards' e.g. chicken livers etc! That may sound offputting to some but it was actually delicious and so beautifully presented that I took a photo before I tucked in! To drink we usually get something like a 50cl pichet of Touraine which is excellent value.

Salad of chicken, bacon and 'gizzards'! L'Ete en Pente Douce L'Ete en Pente Douce

• tzuki's Profile Photo

L´ete en Pente Douce: Glacier-Pastisserie-Restaurant-Salon de Thé

by tzuki Written Oct 26, 2008

L´ete en Pente Douce is beautiful inside, beautiful outside.
    It is one of those places that catch your attention because it is different from the rest.
    It is colourful place and the service is fantastic. The food awesome! Really a good experience to try.

Favorite Dish: I had some white fish with vegetables and my partner had a huge cornish pastry with chips.
    We also had another pair of crepes - one with chocolat and another with sugar.

The area The Menu The place terrace

• L'ete En Pente Douce: Great place for vegans

by RussianWulfgar Written Sep 7, 2008

As a vegan, I found it extremely difficult to eat in Paris restaurants. My boyfriend (who is a carnivore) and I had to search about 10 restaurants to find 1 I could eat in, every time we went out to eat. Luckily, we used Rick Steve's France book and he recommended L'ete en Pente Douce. It was beautiful and our meal was great. I was torn between the lasagna and the stuffed peppers, but as you can see from the pictures I've attached, I went with the stuffed peppers in saffron sauce, and my boyfriend ordered the pork. He wasn't thrilled with his dish but said it was good. I loved my peppers, they were terrific. The atmosphere was wonderful, our waitress was nice although she laughed at me a little bit when I tried to ask her something in French (but everyone in Paris laughed at me when I tried to speak French so I was used to it). It was a very romantic dinner, the wine, the people around us all sitting outside in the street on the cobblestones, I loved it all. I definitely recommend this place, especially for vegans. We tried their sister restaurant, La Fourmi Ailee, and it was even more excellent.

Favorite Dish: I only had the stuffed peppers in saffron sauce. The peppers were cooked just right, the stuffing was aromatic and delicious, and the tofu base was the right texture and tasty, I wish I could make this at home. I especially liked the saffron sauce. I've never had saffron sauce before, but it was so delicious and complemented the peppers very, very well. This was one of the best meals I had in Paris, I will never forget it.

Stuffed Peppers in Saffron Sauce Pork and Green Beans Me in front of L'ete En Pente Douce - Thumbs up!
    • Museum Visits

• L'été en pente douce: Give this place a miss! There are better places

by Glennsmyth Written May 8, 2007

Having read the other reviews on Virtual Tourist, we were looking forward to our meal at this restaurant.
    We were wholly disappointed with our experience and I felt strongly enough that I had to write this review to warn others to give it a wide berth.

The restaurant is in a nice location down a large set of steps on the right hand side of the Sacre Coeur. Coffees cost approximately €4 and freshly squeezed juice was priced exorbitantly at €6.50 for a glass.

Our main dishes were priced at appoximately €12-15 which is about average for the location.

Being a vegetarian I ordered the tofu lasagne which was served up luke-warm. Not a good start as we were one of the only people eating there. It came without a leaf of salad.

2 others in my group ordered the veal, which was fatty and greyish in colour. It looked miserable.

My partner who is also vegetarian ordered the Goats Cheese Salad, which was adequate but was arranged inexplicably on what we could only deduce was some sort of beef pattie.

We didn't hang around to sample the desserts.

The staff were not very friendly.

This was by far the worst meal we had during our stay in Paris and there are so many other places in the locality serving up superior fare.

Favorite Dish: Not applicable

• Business Travel

Instant Answers: Paris

Comments

Hotels Near L'Eté En Pente Douce
4.5 out of 5 stars