La Boheme du Tertre, Paris

Interior decoration
  • Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

La Boheme du Tertre: Too touristy for my liking

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 25, 2013

People watching while we wait for our food

I must admit I wasn't very impressed with this place. It seemed like it was a tourist haven, but after walking around Montmartre for a few hours, we needed to relax, grab something to eat and drink. We decided on this place because of its ideal location for people watching.

We waited what seemed over 20 mintues for a waiter to come to us with menus, and about another 20 minutes for the waiter to come back to place our order and probably another 20 for our food to arrive. Luckily we weren't starving, so we took the opportunity to have a few glasses of wine and people watch.

Favorite Dish: I honestly can't remember what we ordered, but I do recall having some of their house wine.

• Wine Tasting

• La Boheme du Tertre: Good price, good food

by JVLam Written Nov 21, 2011
    Interior decoration

After I walked around for almost 2 to 3 hours from my hotel Monte Carlo in Montmarte, I felt a little tired and hungry, so I picked the Boheme because the price and menu fitted my taste and budget. I went in and waited a little, then I asked the waiter for washroom. No problem, since I am the customer so no need to pay. It seemed as in practice, washroom facilities were not usually for people outside except for customers. I ordered mussels and french fries and a glass of white wine, it came about 15 minutes. Perhaps some people were so hungry, they wanted food right away and they complained for waiting. As for me, I enjoyed the surrounding and kept busy shooting pictures, so I was fine. Food was hot and wine was cool and price was right. All for 13 Euros I could not recall exactly. No complaint at all.

JVLam

Favorite Dish: Steamed mussels and french fries. Food was hot and wine was cool.

• Singles
    • Trains
    • Photography

• La Boheme du Tertre: The worst dining experience I've ever had!!

by gwanwynmason Updated Nov 10, 2010

Unfortunately I can only agree with the unanimously awful reviews of this restaurant. I don't usually bother to write reviews, but this was SO bad I have to - I only wish we'd read the rest before going!!

I went to La Boheme du Tertre last week with my fiance on a trip to Paris to celebrate his 30th Birthday. After a lovely walk around Sacre Coeur we wanted to treat ourselves in the really pretty square behind with a nice meal. We couldn't have chosen a worse place! The service was unbelievably rude, the food was disgusting, and you had to pay to use the bathrooms! I've never been so appaulled by such bad service, we were made to feel like they didn't want us there at all, and I wouldn't serve that food to my dog! They honestly don't deserve to get any customers at all - in the current economic climate with so many good restaurants struggling to keep going, and every penny we have to spend more valuable than ever, they should be ashamed of themselves! I'd rather eat in Mac Donald's - at least they're usually relatively polite!!!

Favorite Dish: Tap water - it's the only thing they couldn't get wrong!

• La Boheme du Tertre, Montmartre,Paris: Stela M was our waitress-Good Job Stela!

by SAM-SHARON Written Dec 14, 2009

Sam & I had a lovely lunch outdoors and Stela M, our waitress, made it all possible this past September. She was very courteous and did a wonderful job, she even took a couple photos for us to remember our visit to the restaurant in Paris. Our food was good and the wait time was not long. Good job Stela M!

• Seniors

• La Boheme de Tetre: Watch out for the flies!

by trish100 Written Jan 12, 2009

Our experience in this restaurant was our only bad experience in 7 weeks of travel across Europe!!!

On Nov 25 2008 we had planned to have dinner in Montemartre and chose La Boheme de Tetre (the menu looked OK and it was one of the few with vacant seats). We had arrived early and chose to have drinks to start with. We ordered a medium coke and a half bottle of white wine.

The surprise came when the drinks arrived! The medium coke (7 euros I might add!) had not one fly but around 10 - 15 small dead flies floating on top of a flat softdrink which we unfortunately had a sip of before we saw the flies.

One can only assume that we were given coke that had been left sitting out for the flies to be attracted to. I would hate to think that we were actually given someone elses leftovers!

To top it off staff were arrogant and rude, particularly the owner. Needless to say - We left and trained it across to Le Relais de Entrecote (Porte Maillot) for a fabulous steak dinner instead.

• La Boheme de Tetre: Watch out for flies!!!

by trish100 Written Jan 12, 2009

• la boheme du tertre: Very bad restaurant in montmartre

by nabounabs Written Aug 18, 2008

La boheme du tertre is a cheap restaurant in Montmartre.We choose it because it menu was a bit cheaper than the other but we were very disapointed.I advice everybody to avoid this restaurant.We had to wait 40min before we could finally eat and the food was really awful : really small plate,dirty glasses,my friend had mussels and they were really disapointing.I had myself a menu and it was really not good either.The worst is that our plate were cold and when we start mentionning it,people get really rude at us!!! the Staff was really rude and unfriendly and it was a big disapointment for my boy friend who was in Paris for the first time!I am french myself and I assume the food was defenetely awful.

Instant Answers: Paris

Comments

Hotels Near La Boheme du Tertre
3.5 out of 5 stars