La Ferme Saint Hubert, Paris

• ExGuyParis's Profile Photo

La Ferme Saint Hubert: La Ferme Saint Hubert

by ExGuyParis Updated Nov 1, 2012

Say

To my great dismay, this restaurant has closed. They still have a cheese shop at 36 rue Rochechouart in the 9th: Tél: 01 45 53 15 77

What a loss! The owners are considering finding another location for a new restaurant; let's hope that happens.

Favorite Dish: cheese, glorious cheese...

• selbya's Profile Photo

La Ferme St-Hubert: A Cheese Lover's Paradise

by selbya Written Apr 14, 2003
    Place de la Madeleine

If you love cheese then this is the place for you. It is a very small restaurant attached to a well known fromagerie, close to the Place de la Madeleine.

Favorite Dish: It is best to think carefully before you indulge your cheese fetish. I went mad and ordered Croque Monsieur as a STARTER! It is reputedly the best in Paris and I have to say, it didn't disappoint. With my taste buds tingling I saw a Swedish gentleman order a plate of seven delectable looking cheeses. Unable to resist temptation I ordered one. What a delight it was. With a bottle of Burgundy I sampled each cheese and considered the charms of each. Unfortunately this over indulgence led to me feeling quite sick for most of the day. So, the moral of this tale is...all good things must come in moderation.

• Luxury Travel

Instant Answers: Paris

• emilyrose.r's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2013 at 12:43 AM

This restaurant was to die for. I hope they reopen it! They had THE best croquet monsieur I ever ate! I believe it was two ginormous slices of bread separately covered with ham and gruyere... so much food I had to split it with my brother-in-law, as I recall. Most croque monsieurs would be a joke compared with the one this restaurant served. Another time, my sister, brother-and-law, and I went there, and they had no room in the restaurant, so they kindly set up a table for us out front, where we enjoyed and enormous raclette wheel dripping continuously, that we could pour over our the delicious potatoes they served us. Oh, we were in heaven there! And it was only about a block from their apartment in the 8th arrondisement!