La Fontaine de Mars, Paris

129 Rue Saint-Dominique, 75007 +33 1 47 05 46 44

• hwaiii's Profile Photo

La Fontaine de Mars: Excellent Food and Great Service

by hwaiii Updated Apr 4, 2011

The restaurant is right next to the Fontaine De Mars on rue Saint-Dominique, is decorated with oak paneling and has a upscale but traditional Bistro feel to it (though I was not uncomfortable in designer jeans and a sport short). The staff are all very helpful and provide excellent service. The food is traditional French and is excellent. Though I do not consider myself a wine expert, they had a large selection and were very helpful in making a choice. I always feel that a good measure of the quality of a restaurant is the number of local regulars; we sensed that a good portion of the patrons were well to-do locals. My wife and I ate there twice and had a wonderful experience both times. I would highly recommend it, but be sure to make reservations ahead.

• Fontaine de Mars: Updated management?

by ouifromage Written Nov 1, 2008

We went on the recommendation of our hotel, and this website - maybe the reviews were old? Anyhoo, we were stuck in the furthest back corner of the place, with two other english-speaking couples. The tourist corner. My wife's scallops special was good, but my salmon was dramatically undercooked - we're talking cold sushi. Then we got charged 6.5 Euros for a coffee, and our total bill came to over 80 Euro... So, very expenisive, not welcoming to tourists, and hit-or-miss food. The other anglo-diners in our corner were equally miffed.

Instant Answers: Paris

Comments

Hotels Near La Fontaine de Mars
4.5 out of 5 stars