Laduree, Paris

shopfront of Laduree Royale
    by chatterley
    8 macarons in a pretty box
    by chatterley
    D with her bag of delicious macroons
    by Gypsystravels
  • Gypsystravels's Profile Photo

Laduree: Excellent place for that delicious Macroon!

by Gypsystravels Updated Jan 25, 2013

When I think of Macroons I always think of Lauduree, a French institution that has been around since the late 1800's.

Although Laduree also sells other delicious delicacies like chocolates and pastries, the macroons are hands down the most famous of their pastries. These heavenly little treats come in a variety of flavors which are offered year round as well as some seasonal flavors. There are four locations here in Paris and my favorite is the location on the Champs Elysees.

The treats can be purchased in cute gift boxes which you can hand pick your own flavors as well as purchase 1 or 100.

There are four locations here in Paris and I have been to two of those locations, but my favorite is the location on the Champs Elysees.

Favorite Dish: I love their gift boxes. I usually buy their Pampille box which hold 8 macroons which I take back home, if they make it that long. My favorite flavors so far are the Black Currant Violet, Caramel with Salted Butter, Rose and the Pistachio, YUM!!

D with her bag of delicious macroons The enticing window Another look at the window
    • Photography

• chatterley's Profile Photo

Ladurée: More than Macarons

by chatterley Written Jul 10, 2010

Founded in 1862, Laduree is synonymous with the word "macarons", selling a reported 15,000 of these sweet desserts every day!

We went to Laduree Royale, located on Rue Royale (in arrondissement 8), near to some luxury brand stores (e.g. Longchamp and Furla). Like Angelina, the interior decoration is very beautiful, and service was good.

We ordered foie gras served with a mimosa macaron and coffee. The foie gras was melt-in-your-mouth good, and the mimosa macaron tasted delicious! Before we left, we also ordered macarons (take-away) - we bought 8 in different flavours (2nd picture). Pistachio was my favourite flavour.

Favorite Dish: The macarons (in any flavour.... almost! Not crazy about the rose-flavoured one!)

Foie Gras with a mimosa macaron @ Laduree 8 macarons in a pretty box shopfront of Laduree Royale

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

La Duree: Owned and Managed by Luis Vuitton PLC

by cochinjew Written May 29, 2008

housed in an elegant mansion, this cafe and tea room dating back to the eighteenth century, the tea room probably there before the present cafe was founded in 1862. elegant elegant fittings and surroundings. friendly service and professional manners.
    i was told that the waiters are actually trainees from the Luis Vuitton Plc group and that they are managers in training and this is their work study time to learn about service, so the waiter who served you many be managing a Luis Vuitton store near you..

Favorite Dish: Cakes of all sorts
    the one i liked was Plaisir Sucre

The bathroom is worth looking at, for the flavour of a bygone era

• Paris92's Profile Photo

Laduree: Parisian Classic

by Paris92 Written Apr 13, 2008

Ladurée has become much more commercial in recent years and therefore very touristy, but it’s still a quintessential Parisian place and one of those places that everyone has their own stories about—here’s mine: On a very, very rainy day, my family and I ducked into the one in the Madeline area, just to re-group and let the rain pass. As we were sitting there a woman came in who looked like a Toulouse-Lautrec character—bright red shirt, perfect posture, very interesting face—had to have been a dancer at some point. She looked like she was waiting for a date who just never showed up. Long after the skies cleared we were there putting together her story. We couldn’t get ourselves to leave until after she did.

Favorite Dish: Macaroons

• travelswithsteve's Profile Photo

La Duree: Cakes and Chocolates

by travelswithsteve Written Aug 23, 2006

It's a pattiserie really, and thay have four shops in Paris (oh, and one in Harrods in London)
    Its just stylish olde world charm to put it simply.
    The operation has been going since 1862 and is beautifully done.

Favorite Dish: If you like fresh cakes, chocolates and things that are scrummy, you'll never leave.

• Seniors

• SFHulaGIrl's Profile Photo

Laduree: Macaroon Heaven!

by SFHulaGIrl Written Jul 27, 2006

I'd heard so much about the macaroons from this place that I simply had to try them. It's true -- they're divine!

I went to the location nearest the Opera. Around 4:00 p.m. on a Wednesday, they were packed, with a line for items pour emporter.

Favorite Dish: I bought 8 mini macaroons which are packaged in a lovely box (12E). You choose your own flavors. My choices were the chocolate, rose petal, pistachio, red fruits, mint, lemon, raspberry, and hazelnut. My favorites were the raspberry, red fruits and pistachio. My least favorite was the mint.

• Women's Travel

• LBKesner's Profile Photo

Laduree: Great for tea or a close-to-midnight snack....

by LBKesner Updated Feb 14, 2006

Pleasant surroundings, a great place to spend an afternoon looking at the world go by on the Champs-Elysees or nice place to end an evening. When we arrived without reservations, we waited about 20 minutes in line at tea time, but at night, we walked in without even that much of a wait.

Favorite Dish: The hot chocolate is just thick enough, just smooth enough. The macaroons alone are worth a trip to Paris. We sampled some of the traditional and some of the more exotic flavors on offer during our February 2006 visit: black pepper, orange blossom, jasmine, rose petal, pistachio, caramel with fine sea salt, etc.

Macaroons and rose-flavored tea....

• Laduree: A dessert you can't miss

by jonbarb709 Written Jan 26, 2006

There are a number of Laduree in Paris. The one we stopped in was on the avenue Champs Elysees. It made a nice stop after all the walking. Its croweded, tourist, locals, everyone seems to stop here. Its just beautiful inside.

Favorite Dish: The dessert is why you are going. Everything else is OK. But the dessert - the Macroons and just fantastic. They also have boxes that you can take them home, they make great gifts.

Instant Answers: Paris