Le Bistrot de Papa, Paris

by DAVmoonie
    Le Bistrot de Papa
    by Erin74
  • Salade de Gesiers; noix de joue de boeuf braisee
    Salade de Gesiers; noix de joue de boeuf...
    by irisbe
  • irisbe's Profile Photo

Le Bistrot de Papa: The unknown French cuisine for us

by irisbe Written Nov 7, 2004

Salade de Gesiers; noix de joue de boeuf braisee

It got close to 7 pm and tummy started to give signals "hungry, hungry".
    As we planned to go to the Eifeltower as well the same evening, we found ourselves a restaurant not to far away from the tower on walking distance.
    Le Bistrot de Papa sounded so much intriguing and it looked nice and comfortable inside.
    So we risked.
    The waiter, Guy Roland, was very friendly and helpful.
    Say hello to him if you ever happen to go there :)

Favorite Dish: We had a menu: entree and plat du jours for 17,5 euro each.
    2 wines of the month at 16 euro's a bottle
    an assortment of cheese as desert (10 euro)
    and 2 cafe's (2,60 Euro each).

Entry: Salade de Gesiers (stomach of geese)
    plat : Noix de joue de boeuf braisee (cheeck of cows)
    wine: La Ficelle de Saint-Pourçain 2003
    fromage: Camembert; st Nectaire; fromage d'Ambert (bleu)

good that when I started dinner I didn't knew exactly what I was eating hahaha
    but it was ok although too much meat.
    Next time I chose some lighter entree.

• Erin74's Profile Photo

Le Bistrot de Papa: One of my favorite bistros in Paris!

by Erin74 Written Apr 14, 2004

Le Bistrot de Papa

Le Bistrot de Papa is a wonderful little place located very near the Ecole Militaire metro stop, in the heart of the Rue Cler neighborhood on Paris' Left Bank.

We had a fantastic dinner here while I was in Paris and I highly recommend it to other visitors. The restaurant has a wood and leather interior, which makes it feel very cozy and warm. The clientele was mixed- about half locals and half tourists. They have menus in French and English. The service was excellent and the food was wonderful. I would happily eat here again and again!

Favorite Dish: The French Onion Soup was just delicious here. Definitely the best I had in Paris. The Quiche Lorraine was also fantastic. The specialty here seems to be mussels, as I saw bowl after bowl being brought out from the kitchen. You definitely get a lot of mussels for your money!

I recommend saving room for dessert. We had giant profiteroles, served with scoops of vanilla ice cream and a delicious, warm chocolate sauce.

Le Bistrot de Papa has a pixed price menu at 17 euros, but I think you get more variety if you order from the regular menu. Entrees ranged from about 9-15 euros. The bisto also has a good wine list.

• DAVmoonie's Profile Photo

Le Bistrot de Pappa: No better service anywhere!

by DAVmoonie Written Aug 24, 2005

My wife, daughter and I enjoyed every dish we tried. The entire staff was extremly helpful and patient with our broken French as well as a picky eater. We dined here on our first and last evening in Paris.

Instant Answers: Paris

Comments

Hotels Near Le Bistrot de Papa
4.0 out of 5 stars