Le Bosquet, Paris

4 out of 5 stars 3 Reviews

41 av Bosquet Paris Metro: Ecole Militaire (0)1 45 51 38 13

The terrace
    by rexvaughan
    French onion soup and salad
    Part of the tour group
  • rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Le Bosquet: Emphasis on customer service

by rexvaughan Written Jan 24, 2008

Based on the fact that it was near our hotel and very positive recommendations from VT member, davequ, who has dined here numerous times, we went for dinner our last night on a recent trip to Paris. Dave mentions their emphasis on treating their customers well and that was certainly our experience. The restaurant is done in sleek, appealing modern style with very comfortable seating and tables of more adequate size than usual. It has an attractive terrace on the street side.

I learned just after being seated that a tour group of about 24 had just been seated on the terrace and soon perceived that they were not adequately staffed for this size crowd (the inside was full as well), understandably as it was a Wednesday evening. This made some of our service slow. I spoke a bit impatiently when ordering dessert but it came in short order and was accompanied by two complimentary snifters of Armangac. All was forgiven.

Favorite Dish: For starters we shared an excellent foie gras with delicious toasted bread. I had an herbed chicken with mashed potatoes and my wife had rumpsteak with Provence sauce and potatoes. All delicious and washed down with a nice Bordeaux. For dessert we shared a tarte tatin with ice cream that was truly wonderful. Finished with coffee and the complimentary brandy.

Total for the two dinners: 65.30 Euros

The terrace French onion soup and salad Part of the tour group

• davequ's Profile Photo

Le Bosquet: Cafe / Brasserie in Eiffel Area

by davequ Updated Jun 6, 2006

In 7th arrondisement on Avenue Bosquet about a 15 minute walk from the Eiffel Tower sits a very good traditional brasserie, Le Bosquet.

I ate there twice (dinner) and enjoyed it very much both times.

The food is very good, and the service and staff are excellent. Along with serving up good, well-prepared meals, they seem to specialize in treating all their customers well.

You can take any old stories about rude service in Paris and chuck them out the door the second you enter Le Bosquet.
    Along with my waiter, the owner Jean-Francois("Jeff") and Didier & just about everyone else stopped by my table numerous times not only to make sure everything was ok but also just to chat me up and help me with my French... truly a rare experience in a busy brasserie.

Very traditional looking, old-style cafe/brasserie ambience, and the tables outside ( I was there in early October) were large, comfortable, with a nice view of Paris street life in the lovely 7th arrondisement. The place just feels good.
    Check out the website below for a preview.

Favorite Dish: For my first jet-lagged Paris arrival-day evening meal, to keep it simple, I ordered:

Soupe gratin'e a l'oignon (fr. onion soup)
    Steak de Faux-filet grille, pommes frites (a nice French-style grilled steak w/ fries & great dipping sauce)
    w/Mousse au chocolat for dessert. All with a carafe of house wine.
    Delicious and very inexpensive for how well prepared it all was. (about $25 total then)

2nd time, Grilled lamb cutlets with green beans (great!), some pate, creme brulet, a recommended bottle of beaujolais, an expresso.... (about $35 then). This was excellent. (oink... oink....and l'oink!)

More than a few locals were eating there both nights, and their plates looked delicious as well.
    These prices were at a really good time to travel to Europe: Oct. 2001.

Now, with the "double-whamy" of time (almost 4 years have passed) and the current rise of Euro-strength against the dollar, prices could be relatively as much as 40% higher (in dollars).

But since it has been family-owned for decades, I'll bet it is still a good place to eat in the 7th Arr.

Good French food and friendly staff

• lohki's Profile Photo

Le Bosquet: Watch out for falling Americans!

by lohki Written Nov 1, 2005

Though not my favorite area of the city.... I had one local laugh and call it Rue Rick Steves, and he was right on the money. I counted 9 of his blue guides just walking to the restaurant.
    (Not that there is anything wrong with R.S. he has good solid info in his books)
    Really nice place though, if it’s warm enough sit on the patio and watch the world go by.

Favorite Dish: I had what ever their fish was for the day. It was wonderful. And the salad that came with it, Mache was also heavenly.
    Great bread, and as you can see from the photo, pichet vin blanc and of course my fav, Badoit

Instant Answers: Paris

Comments

Hotels Near Le Bosquet
4.5 out of 5 stars