Le Coupe Chou, Paris

5 out of 5 stars 2 Reviews

11 Rue de Lanneau, 75005 +33 1 46 33 68 69

• Le Coupe Chou: Really, really terrible experience

by jerrykiernan Updated May 10, 2007

Arrived at 1 pm for lunch - looking forward to it based on numerous reviews and personal recommendations.
    We were seated in the first room (charming) and ignored for quite a while.
    Summary:
    Famous Beef Bourgignon - overcooked, dry
    My wife's steak tartare consisted of 4 scoops of meat and two very samll pieces of chopped tomato. Period. No condiments, nothing. Aslo, she had ordered potato panckaes (even pointing to them on the menu) and receives potatos dauphinois - which the waiter (when we tracked him down) insisted were potato pancakes.
    Red wine was delivered when white had been ordered (and I know enough French to say "blanc").
    We had the distinct feeling we were keeping the waiter from his nap. The cooks didn't do much that day either.
    My wife had ordered creme brulee, but we were so unhappy, we skipped that, paid and left.
    Nice atmosphere, terrible service an mediocre food (at best). At least it was expensive.

Favorite Dish: None

• morochaargentina's Profile Photo

Le Coupe Chou: Very Romantic Restaurant

by morochaargentina Written Feb 16, 2006

My fiancee and I were looking for a very romantic Fench restaurant and we've read about this place and decided to go. What an amazing choice!!! We've been travel for several months now and we can not forget about this wonderful night. The restaurant is in 3 historic houses from the 16th, 17th and 18th century. There are different rooms, what makes the ambient very private and cozy. You feel you are back in time!

Favorite Dish: We had all Frech traditional food, which was to die for! (duck, foi grass, etc etc)

Instant Answers: Paris

Comments

Hotels Near Le Coupe Chou
4.0 out of 5 stars