Le Music-Hall, Paris

5 out of 5 stars 1 Reviews

63 ave Franklin D Roosevelt 75008 +33 1 45 61 03 63

• Music Hall: Not relying on the gimmick

by ptesinge Updated Dec 11, 2006

This restaurant does have a gimmick: it has 600 light projectors in the walls and ceiling that slowly turn the almost all white decor differnt colors as you enjoy your meal. I wanted to try it for years but assumed the decor would be the main draw. But the reviews said otherwise and boy am I glad i tried it for myself! The decor was really cool, but the food is, in fact, what's really worth talking about. It was FANTASTIC. Also, the staff was superb-- friendly and professional, recommending what was best when we asked and their recommendations were worth it every time. Not one iota of the "Parisian attitude" to be found here!

We splurged out, getting both the most expensive main course and desserts, plus we had a few glasses of wine, and the meal still only came to 145 euros for us both. A super deal for the quality. Appetizers average 13-17 euros (not including the choice of caviar for 80 euros). The main courses range from 23-37. A la carte I'd say average 50-55 euros per person.

A reservation is a must. You can reserve on-line as well as call.

Favorite Dish: I had rare black cod ('rare' as in 'uncommon' not 'barely cooked') and black rice; we shared foie gras for appetizer (plenty for two and they were happy to let us share) and a ridiculous array of dessert samples called "the avalanche". This meal was awesome. The scorpian fish also sounded great, as well as the tempura bass. My boyfriend had duck, though veal, beef and a chicken dish were also on offer.

Something else worth mentioning is this place is open for lunch (currently closed sat and sun afternoons though) and for late night dinner/snacks until 5am!!

Instant Answers: Paris