Le Relais Odeon, Paris

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

Relais Odeon: "une grande brasserie" * 6e

by shrimp56 Written Mar 4, 2013

Relais Odeon

Relais Odeon is a classic French brasserie with Art Nouveau details.Founded in 1900, itt is in the heart of the sophisticated 6th arrondissement and convenient for pre or post-cinema, or during sightseeing and shopping.

Favorite Dish: I had the lentil soup with ham that is pictured. It was perfect for cold January evening.

• BeatChick's Profile Photo

Le Relais Odeon Bistro 1900: Most Beautiful Façade I've ever Seen!

by BeatChick Updated Mar 19, 2008

Le Relais Od��on Bistro 1900

Located inside the Cour du Commerce St-Andre is the Le Relais Odeon Bistro 1900. Although the entrance to the restaurant is found outside of the cour on boulevard St-Germain, the more beautiful art nouveau façade is found within.

I have a screensaver by Liudmila Kondakova & I've been dying to find this location for a few years. I located Le Relais Odeon on www.pagesjaunes.fr but it didn't look the same so I thought she'd painted this milieu from an old photo. Imagine my incredulity when I stumbled upon it in the Cour behind the main entraince to Le Relais Odeon!

Here's what her painting looks like:

You may order her screensaver set from here:
    www.SecondNature.com

Photos: February 2006

• shrimp56's Profile Photo

Relais Odeon: Classic Bistro just off St. Germain *6e

by shrimp56 Updated May 21, 2006

The restaurant from Cour du Commerce Saint Andre

There is outdoor seating on St. Germain, but my pictures were taken from the quiet pedestrian street, Cour du Commerce Saint Andre. The decor is Art Deco and the waiters are friendlier than the Parisian average! It serves 22 hours a day and is open 365 days a year. It also benefits from being near the Odeon movie theatres.

Favorite Dish: Go with the standards such as Croque Monsieur or Onion Soup, but don't neglect the lovely salads!

• CALSF's Profile Photo

Le Relais Odeon: Le Relais Odeon

by CALSF Written Mar 24, 2006

Le Relais Odeon

We didn't want to pay 10 euro for breakfast at the 2* hotel which we hated. So we went walking to find a cafe that offered a good value breakfast for less than that amount. Le Relais Odeon is in such a convenient location that it was hard for us to miss it. I noticed that lots of locals loved sitting there at all hours so I figured that they must have a good breakfast. I was right.

Favorite Dish: They offer two types of breakfasts. You can have either a choice of the typical continental breakfast consisting of baguette, butter, jam, and coffee for 7.70 euro. If you want egg cooked any way you like with toasted bread (French bread) and freshly squeezed orange juice, it'll cost you 8.70 euro. We both chose the latter.

Coffee is actually a capuccino and it's excellent. We asked for scrambled eggs and received a humungous omelette which consisted of at least three eggs it seemed.

Service is very efficient but don't expect your waiter to make small talk with you unless you're a regular.

Instant Answers: Paris