Le Sergent Recruteur, Paris

4.5 out of 5 stars 3 Reviews

41, Rue Saint Louis en L'Ile +33 1 43 54 75 42

• Le Sergent Recruteur: Totally new owners and menu!

by KarenT37 Written Nov 1, 2012

The old Taverne Sergent Recruteur was gutted and has now re opened as Le Sergent Recruteur. The chefs (French and British) have moved back from a Michelin starred run in London and bring that expertise to the new menu. It's a whole new experience and one that is worth repeating.

• Au Sergent Recruteur - Paris: Great Service

by MikeM2 Written Nov 29, 2009

I love this place - I first went in September 1964 - enjoyed the style. decor and ambience of the restaurant and found the way they serve enjoyably different from the norm.

(the nearest, similar in style is Durgin Park in Boston - 1992 visit) but I digress...

On a visit to Paris in early 1990 with my schoolboy 'I want to be an architect' son I decided to take him there so he could see the interior design

The maitre d' stopped us at the door - do you have a reservation ?

Sorry - no!

'Désolée' - he replied with the most pronounced Gallic shrug I have ever see

So I explained my wish for my "architect" son to see the interior as I remembered it from my first visit in '64 - Would it be ok - just to look inside ??

Ah-ha - you have been here before - I nodded - Well for such regular clients we always keep a table in reserve ...

My teenage son was most impressed .. but I suggest you all book as I will do next time

The location is only a few minutes walk behind Notre Dame

• Sergent Recruteur: Best Dinner

by Jensentravels Written Dec 6, 2007

We had this restaurant recommended to us by a pilot & stewardess that we met near the Eiffel tower

We walked in and were promptly taken back to our table that had to be pulled out from the wall so I could sit on the booth side. We immediately were welcomed by the many other people eating & drinking around us. We had a lot of fun talking with the many other tourists and getting suggestions of places to see & things to do. They immediately brought us our first course of a basket with all the salad makings and a cutting board to dice everything up & a basket of meats to top off our salads. After the salad we had our soup brought over. They don't bring anything over until you are done with each course. They also kept the wine from their vineyard coming throughout the whole meal.

The whole night felt like a celebration & fun. We ordered our main course, chicken for me & lamb for my husband, which was superb. Followed up with a cheese selection then of course desert.

I really enjoyed the camaraderie of the whole place. The owner & sons were there talking with us & all the many people from so many countries there enjoying each others company. This is one place we will definitely go back to on our next trip to Paris.

I do think it was a little expensive but worth it. Close to $100 for 2 since the dollar has dropped against the euro.

Favorite Dish: All the food was superb. The soup was very good, I was suprised, when I first saw the soup I was a little hesitant to try but went ahead & really enjoyed it.

Instant Answers: Paris

• Feb 12, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Been there MANY times and have ALWAYS enjoyed it. Now the last time I was there was in March of 2003. So if the changes took place after that then I will have to wait until I go back to have a true opinion.