Léon de Bruxelles, Paris

Pineapple
  • sue_stone's Profile Photo

Leon de Bruxelles: Leon de Bruxelles - Belgium Cuisine

by sue_stone Updated Jan 1, 2006

We first discovered Leon when we were in Brussels and enjoyed a meal there, so when we saw it in Paris as well we decided to pop in for lunch. Turns out there are branches all over the place in France, including several in Paris.

Have now twice had lunch at the branch on the Champs Elysees. Service has been friendly and the food tasty and generous.

Favorite Dish: We have a penchant for mussels and chips….and of course beer! On both occasions we have ordered the Moules Crème which are served with frites and washed it down with a big Belgium beer.

We took my mother-in-law for a meal there and she surprised us by downing on of those big beers too!

*See the website for details of all branches*

Chris tucking in Alex enjoying Leons our 1st visit to Leons in Paris More beer please
    • Beer Tasting

• mariev's Profile Photo

Léon de Bruxelles: For all mussels lovers

by mariev Updated Jan 2, 2006

For all the mussels lovers who don't want to break a bank, Léon de Bruxelles is THE unavoidable address ( this small Belgo-French chain (in fact the restaurants are franchises : same providers but independant management) features a cooking common in North France/South Belgium).

The restaurants, all over Paris, (and in some province towns as in Bruxelles) offer a large choice in mussels receipes, depending on the season (you can even get mussels in the months whose name doesn't contain a "R" (Mai, Juin, Juillet, Aout = summer, considered low season for this type of food).

A 3 courses meal (a salad + mussels+ fries + a waffle or a tart) is 12-15 Euros

For those not liking mussels, they serve good fish
    The fries are "eat as much as you can"
    The restaurants are kids' friendly (you can even eat with your fingers if you like)
    And the beers' choice is decent

Favorite Dish: Moules marinières and frites of course, and waffles

Leon de Bruxelles - Champs Elysees

• Léon de Bruxelles: They call guests "PIGS"

by jeandemuth Written Jun 9, 2007

The wait staff and management refer to foreigners as "Pigs". They make snorting pig noises and talk about their customers. One went to my table and took a piece of bread off my plate and put it back in the basket and asked my 14 year old daughter if we were pigs. When we didn't answer..... we were shocked.... he again called us pigs and asked where we were from. It was the first piece of bread we had taken from the basket and we are not over weight. He asked several times "Du bist ein schwein?" "Schwein?" "Wo kommen zie?" Translated to English this is "Are you a pig? Where are you from?" After hearing how they spoke of the other customers as pigs, I instructed my daughter not to answer. Shortly after that management was tied up with one table complaining they were not billed correctly. There were only five tables with people at the restaurant and we were there for only 40 minutes. With all this rudeness in 40 minutes, I would NEVER recommend the restaurant. If they don't like foreigners, they shouldn't be in a tourist spot. My 14 year old daughter and I complained to management when he finished his dispute and he just remarked he understood and did nothing.

Favorite Dish: The mussels are fresh. Bread is old. We don't eat french fries.

• Seniors

• susancallus's Profile Photo

Léon de Bruxelles: SUCH A GOOD MEAL!!! SO FRESH AND TASTEFUL!!!

by susancallus Written Jun 15, 2006

MY SMILE SAYS IT ALL!!!! :))))) MMMMMMMMMMMMMMHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......

There are various restaurants...this one on the picture is the one situated in CHAMPS-ELYSEES
    63, av des Champs-Elysées

you can visit their site:

Favorite Dish: Don't rember the name of the one I chose! But if your favourite food is fish this is the right place for you!

leon de bruxelles with my friend Ingrid..June 2002

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Léon de Bruxelles: Don't go here for steak

by rexvaughan Written Feb 5, 2013

We had planned to eat at L’ Alsace but were disappointed to find it closed for renovation. We had noticed Léon de Bruxelles just up the street. In our home town, our favorite restaurant is Café Alsace and just a few doors down from it is another good place called Leon’s. We took that as a sign and went back to Léon, thinking it must be a good alternative. I can only guess that the mussels are good as that is what most people were eating and seemingly enjoying. We doubtlessly made a mistake in eating here as we are not fans of mussels, so ordered the steak and fries instead (Steak and fries €11.10). The fries were okay but the steak was mediocre at best. Not the best cut and a bit gristly. The beer was good Belgian ale which I like so all was not lost. We skipped dessert here as we had also noticed a Häagen-Dazs just down the street.

• Léon de Bruxelles: not Belgian

by kvic Updated Jun 27, 2007

This chain is French although it sells what is a Northern French/Belgian speciality, namely Moules Frites. It trades on the fame of a renowned Brussels restaurant called Léon (not related). The last and only time I went was a good number of years ago and I liked neither the food nor the service. I absolutely adore mussels when they are super fresh (I sometimes buy them directly from the fishwife in a port) but the ones I was given to eat there were anything but. And the frites which come by the bucketful were the limp industrial kind. The tables were closely packed together and the two women sitting at the next table smoked copiously throughout their meal, with little care about any other diners who might find their smoke unpleasant. Service was slow and uninterested. I'm amazed at the good reviews this chain mostly gets on the site. Does nobody else know what a good mussel should taste like?

Favorite Dish: none

• walterwu's Profile Photo

Leon de Bruxelles: The Mussel Place

by walterwu Written Jul 28, 2011

There are about 9 locations for this mussels restaurant in Paris. We went to the Porte Maillot branch.

Their main course of mussels includes recommendation of wine to go with the mussels you are having.

My order Pineapple Comfortable seats Location My Order with fries
    • Wine Tasting

• Léon de Bruxelles: Don't Go Here

by betsyhale Written Jun 18, 2007

The food was fine, but the service so lacking I must recommend against this restaurant strongly. We were given a poor table, likely because we were a family. Then, we were brought the wrong size beer. After pointing this out, we were still charged for the larger amount. After this was corrected, we noticed on the way out that all the other customers were served pretzels and bread. I pointed this out in the course of lodging a complaint, was told to wait, and when an English speaker arrived was asked "are you waiting for something?" The attitude clearly was: you're tourists, you're not returning, so why should we care? Avoid ths restaurant at all costs, and go to the sort or wonderful restaurants we've frequented over the last two weeks: small brasseries in French neighborhoods where you are the only person who speaks English.

• amyhouston's Profile Photo

Léon de Bruxelles: One of my favorites!

by amyhouston Written Mar 4, 2006

This is one of my favorite restaurants, I know it's not comparable to the authentic Brussel mussel's restaurants but it's a must visit everytime I visit Paris.

• TexasDave's Profile Photo

Leon de Bruxelles: Excellent Mussels

by TexasDave Written Dec 30, 2010

An economical choice for Mussels and Fries. Waffles for dessert, too!
    This is a local chain with about 8 restaurants scattered all around Paris.

Instant Answers: Paris