Léon de Bruxelles, Paris

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Leon de Bruxelles: Leon de Bruxelles - Belgium Cuisine

by sue_stone Updated Jan 1, 2006

Chris tucking in

We first discovered Leon when we were in Brussels and enjoyed a meal there, so when we saw it in Paris as well we decided to pop in for lunch. Turns out there are branches all over the place in France, including several in Paris.

Have now twice had lunch at the branch on the Champs Elysees. Service has been friendly and the food tasty and generous.

Favorite Dish: We have a penchant for mussels and chips….and of course beer! On both occasions we have ordered the Moules Crème which are served with frites and washed it down with a big Belgium beer.

We took my mother-in-law for a meal there and she surprised us by downing on of those big beers too!

*See the website for details of all branches*

• Beer Tasting

• mariev's Profile Photo

Léon de Bruxelles: For all mussels lovers

by mariev Updated Jan 2, 2006

Leon de Bruxelles - Champs Elysees

For all the mussels lovers who don't want to break a bank, Léon de Bruxelles is THE unavoidable address ( this small Belgo-French chain (in fact the restaurants are franchises : same providers but independant management) features a cooking common in North France/South Belgium).

The restaurants, all over Paris, (and in some province towns as in Bruxelles) offer a large choice in mussels receipes, depending on the season (you can even get mussels in the months whose name doesn't contain a "R" (Mai, Juin, Juillet, Aout = summer, considered low season for this type of food).

A 3 courses meal (a salad + mussels+ fries + a waffle or a tart) is 12-15 Euros

For those not liking mussels, they serve good fish
    The fries are "eat as much as you can"
    The restaurants are kids' friendly (you can even eat with your fingers if you like)
    And the beers' choice is decent

Favorite Dish: Moules marinières and frites of course, and waffles

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Leon de Bruxelles: Mussels

by Dabs Written Jan 2, 2004

This is a chain of restaurants throughout Paris with reasonable prices, large crowds and reasonably good food.

Favorite Dish: I tried the mussels in cream sauce and frites which was pretty good, my husband had calamari which was pretty tasty.

• ViperGTSeb's Profile Photo

Léon de Bruxelles: Belgium in Paris !

by ViperGTSeb Written Dec 31, 2005

This chain have many restaurants in Paris, and if you feel hungry to eat mussels, you can go there, you can find one in each popular district of Paris.

Their Mussels in "cocotte" are great, I've tried almost every specialties (olive oil, curry, cream, etc...) they are great and the unlimited french fries are ok. You can also eat an entrecote if you don't like mussels!

For the dessert, I recommend the waffle, with hot chocolate, chantilly cream and a vanilla ice cream, that is just perfect, moreover prices aren't too high...

Favorite Dish: Curry Mussels

• Beer Tasting

• jnyvegas's Profile Photo

Léon de Bruxelles: Great Baked Mussels!!

by jnyvegas Updated Mar 7, 2005

This place was right next to the Le Meridan Etoile, My wife ordered the bucked of mussells and I ordered the Baked. To my suprise when I was done they brought me another plate, They were very good and the price was 11 euros.

• Léon de Bruxelles: They call guests "PIGS"

by jeandemuth Written Jun 9, 2007

The wait staff and management refer to foreigners as "Pigs". They make snorting pig noises and talk about their customers. One went to my table and took a piece of bread off my plate and put it back in the basket and asked my 14 year old daughter if we were pigs. When we didn't answer..... we were shocked.... he again called us pigs and asked where we were from. It was the first piece of bread we had taken from the basket and we are not over weight. He asked several times "Du bist ein schwein?" "Schwein?" "Wo kommen zie?" Translated to English this is "Are you a pig? Where are you from?" After hearing how they spoke of the other customers as pigs, I instructed my daughter not to answer. Shortly after that management was tied up with one table complaining they were not billed correctly. There were only five tables with people at the restaurant and we were there for only 40 minutes. With all this rudeness in 40 minutes, I would NEVER recommend the restaurant. If they don't like foreigners, they shouldn't be in a tourist spot. My 14 year old daughter and I complained to management when he finished his dispute and he just remarked he understood and did nothing.

Favorite Dish: The mussels are fresh. Bread is old. We don't eat french fries.

• Seniors

• susancallus's Profile Photo

Léon de Bruxelles: SUCH A GOOD MEAL!!! SO FRESH AND TASTEFUL!!!

by susancallus Written Jun 15, 2006

leon de bruxelles with my friend Ingrid..June 2002

MY SMILE SAYS IT ALL!!!! :))))) MMMMMMMMMMMMMMHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......

There are various restaurants...this one on the picture is the one situated in CHAMPS-ELYSEES
    63, av des Champs-Elysées

you can visit their site:

Favorite Dish: Don't rember the name of the one I chose! But if your favourite food is fish this is the right place for you!

• Léon de Bruxelles: not Belgian

by kvic Updated Jun 27, 2007

This chain is French although it sells what is a Northern French/Belgian speciality, namely Moules Frites. It trades on the fame of a renowned Brussels restaurant called Léon (not related). The last and only time I went was a good number of years ago and I liked neither the food nor the service. I absolutely adore mussels when they are super fresh (I sometimes buy them directly from the fishwife in a port) but the ones I was given to eat there were anything but. And the frites which come by the bucketful were the limp industrial kind. The tables were closely packed together and the two women sitting at the next table smoked copiously throughout their meal, with little care about any other diners who might find their smoke unpleasant. Service was slow and uninterested. I'm amazed at the good reviews this chain mostly gets on the site. Does nobody else know what a good mussel should taste like?

Favorite Dish: none

• Léon de Bruxelles: Great mussels

by ilya74 Written Jul 13, 2003

L��on de Bruxelles

Great place right in the heart of St-Germain-Des-Pres. Excellent food + belgian bier! wht could be better!

Favorite Dish: Moules á "l'escargot" gratinées or any other item here: http://www.leon-de-bruxelles.fr/gif/quoi/carte.pdf

• OrlandoBR's Profile Photo

Léon de Bruxelles: Belgian, but all over Paris

by OrlandoBR Updated Aug 30, 2003

The Grands Boulevards

Although it's a chain, that's a reliable name. The musels taste great, and they'll bring French fries "à la volonté", as much as you want. Since I found this restaurant, it became a favorite and I've returned several times.

Favorite Dish: Any moules et frites

• walterwu's Profile Photo

Leon de Bruxelles: The Mussel Place

by walterwu Written Jul 28, 2011

My order

There are about 9 locations for this mussels restaurant in Paris. We went to the Porte Maillot branch.

Their main course of mussels includes recommendation of wine to go with the mussels you are having.

• Wine Tasting

• Tenten7's Profile Photo

Léon de Bruxelles (Republique): Very good Moules (Mussles)!! and Desserts!

by Tenten7 Written Oct 20, 2004

Whenever we go to Paris, we go to Leon. The food there has never been dissapointing. The waiters are reasonably friendly, though still the attitude towards English-speaking people are bit bitter. I cannot resist their desserts.

Favorite Dish: Moules ardennaise and thier house rose wine.

• Léon de Bruxelles: Don't Go Here

by betsyhale Written Jun 18, 2007

The food was fine, but the service so lacking I must recommend against this restaurant strongly. We were given a poor table, likely because we were a family. Then, we were brought the wrong size beer. After pointing this out, we were still charged for the larger amount. After this was corrected, we noticed on the way out that all the other customers were served pretzels and bread. I pointed this out in the course of lodging a complaint, was told to wait, and when an English speaker arrived was asked "are you waiting for something?" The attitude clearly was: you're tourists, you're not returning, so why should we care? Avoid ths restaurant at all costs, and go to the sort or wonderful restaurants we've frequented over the last two weeks: small brasseries in French neighborhoods where you are the only person who speaks English.

• amyhouston's Profile Photo

Léon de Bruxelles: One of my favorites!

by amyhouston Written Mar 4, 2006

This is one of my favorite restaurants, I know it's not comparable to the authentic Brussel mussel's restaurants but it's a must visit everytime I visit Paris.

• TexasDave's Profile Photo

Leon de Bruxelles: Excellent Mussels

by TexasDave Written Dec 30, 2010

An economical choice for Mussels and Fries. Waffles for dessert, too!
    This is a local chain with about 8 restaurants scattered all around Paris.

Instant Answers: Paris