McDonald's, Paris

4 out of 5 stars 9 Reviews

Various locations

Nice tomate
    by goodfish
    Get your fast food even faster
    Tables for deux
  • goodfish's Profile Photo

McCafé: Café for Early Risers

by goodfish Updated Apr 6, 2013

Hold the tomates, folks - I have a good explanation for this!!!

We had gone to bed early our first night in Paris as we'd been up for 34 hours straight. Our internal alarms went off at 3:30 AM and rather than mucking about in our room until daylight, we went off in search of coffee.

Parisians are not early risers.

After rambling around in dark for some time, we stumbled on this McCafé on Rue de Rivoli somewhere and joined the line of other desperate earlybirds waiting for that first cuppa joe. Once inside? McMagnifique! This is not the McDonald's you know and loathe: it is sleek; it is spotless; there is no annoying clown in sight. No, this is fast food à la Paris and closer to a pâtisserie than burger joint. American McD's are starting to copy these models so your neighborhood joint will hopefully be très chic someday soon.

This particular Mickey D's was split into two sections: McCafé for coffee and pastries in the front, and a separate McDonald's for Big Macs and whatnot tucked away in the back. It also had a second story with lots of cleverly designed seating areas and clean (free!) restrooms - although I won't swear they'll be as pristine in every location. It even had a bank of machines for ordering your McLunch and prepaying with McCredit - eliminating standing about in line. And macarons? At McD's? Extraordinaire!

OK, so I think I'd pass on the McMacarons but our pastries and coffee were dandy and just what we needed before heading off to the Louvre. This one opened around 6:00-6:30 AM and they had free wi-fi too. Need to log on? Here's a list of McDonald's in Paris:

One more thing? You can get coffee to go; not always an easy thing to find in Paris!

Sure doesn't look like this at home Sleek! Nice tomate Tables for deux Get your fast food even faster

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

McDonald's: Eat the real "French" fries

by joiwatani Written Mar 7, 2009

The McDonald's chain is well know for children in the United States. There are slides and trampolines filled with balls, etc. where children can go and play while the parents are eating their food like cheese burger, french fries coupled with their large coke!

Well, that's not the case in Paris. The McDonald's restaurant in Paris is small as it is in the most expensive part of the city Champs Elysees. However, you can still get the food that you want: cheeseburger, french fries and Coke. However, since you are in France, you are now eating the real French fries!

Note: Why would you go to McDonald's when there are so many nice restaurants in Paris?

Favorite Dish: I am sorry. I didn't really go and eat here. I was trying some French restaurants!

The McDonald's at Champs Elysees

• vanmartyr's Profile Photo

McDonald's: Some Things You Can Count On

by vanmartyr Written Apr 28, 2006

When I started traveling, I swore that I would never set foot into an American Restaurant or fast food chain. To me, it was the quintiscentual jingo-istic thing to do while traveling. But after two hours trudging through Paris in 95 degree heat (and by then it definitely seemed like trudging), all I wanted was the biggest Coke with ice in it that I could find - and at a fair price. And where was the ONLY place to find that one item of divine remedy? Mickey D's.

Everywhere else I searched for portable and affordable refreshment, I was met with extremely small and room temperature offerings at exhorbitant prices.

My advice before planning a trip to Paris. Take with you a portable water bottle to carry with you as you see the sights and locate the addresses of all the McDonald's (and Starbucks, for that matter) in the city to have ready, just in case. You can find those locations on their respective websites or by going to the French Yellow Pages at www.pagesjaunes.com.

And oh, yes. They offer free and clean bathrooms with easy access in most cases.

Favorite Dish: 32 oz. Coke brimming with ice

• Women's Travel

• Albernfrau's Profile Photo

McDonald's: Just like Pulp Fiction - Royale with Cheese

by Albernfrau Updated Aug 15, 2006

What can I say it is McDonald's. It was just what you expect except the names of things are different. I loved ording a Royale with Cheese better known to us as a Quarter Pounder with Cheese.

Always a great place to use the washroom.

• McDonald's: Great Value for the Backpacker

by birdmanimal Written Jan 1, 2007

While I rarely eat fast food in my native USA, McDonald's has been a staple for me in my last 20 or so years of budget minded backpacking. The Paris locations rock, and I recommend the Mickie D's one finds in Edinburgh as well.

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

McDonalds: a good value for breakfast

by GentleSpirit Written Sep 28, 2013

Think of it, your hotel is usually going to charge you like 10 euro for breakfast. if you want to go and have a cup of coffee that will cost you at least 3 euro (cafe au lair)

McDonalds has an offer for 5 euro you get choice of hot drink (coffee,tea) choice of breakfast sandwich or bread and juice or fruit. not a bad deal

• alyf1961's Profile Photo

MCDONALDS: DELICIOUS FRAPPE

by alyf1961 Written May 11, 2012

There are many McDonalds in Paris. The milkshakes are very different from the U.K.
    I had a Framboise Frappe and it was delicious with raspberry sauce in the bottom and raspberry milkshake poured over the top.

Favorite Dish: Framboise Frappe.

• CruisingGoddess's Profile Photo

McDonald's: Unique McDonald's Menu Items

by CruisingGoddess Written Dec 5, 2012

I know it may seem silly for an American to visit McDonald's while traveling in a foreign country, especially a foodie city like Paris, but a girl can only eat at so many Michelin-starred restaurants in one trip. Also, every McDonald's I've ever been to outside of the U.S. always has unique menu items that we don't find in America! It's also fun to see what a small, medium, and large are in other countries compared to America. (America's sizes are ALWAYS bigger!)

In Paris, we discovered the Royal Bacon burger and Royal-O-Fish. From what I could tell, a Royal-O-Fish is a Filet-O-Fish with lettuce and tomato. Royal Bacon was a cheeseburger with bacon. Delicious and a great break if you are sick of foie gras and black truffles like we were. LOL

• pearly_p's Profile Photo

Mc Donalds: Good Value

by pearly_p Written Aug 27, 2011

This particular Mc D's outlet allowed us to sit outside on the sidewalk and enjoy the sunshine!

Favorite Dish: The capucino and macaroons were value for money

Instant Answers: Paris

Comments

Hotels Near McDonald's
3.5 out of 5 stars