Patachou, Paris

5 out of 5 stars 2 Reviews

9 place du Tertre, 75018 Paris 18th in Montmartre Phone: 011-331-42-51-06-06

repose en paix
    by davequ
  • '05 - unrecognizable ... (the horror... )
    '05 - unrecognizable ... (the horror......
  • Patachou's glorious view (a still from
    Patachou's glorious view (a still from...
  • Patachou: Beautiful memories

by bbtking Written Mar 19, 2012

I visited this restaurant in the early '90's and have been trying to locate it online for two years. I am so saddened to hear it is no more.......and worse than that, replaced by a STARBUCKS!!! Are there any photos of this lovely place......yes, the view is engraved in my mine from my very first trip to Paris. So sad.

Favorite Dish: Don't remember

• davequ's Profile Photo

Patachou in Montmartre: Great View Good Food Gone Forever

by davequ Updated Feb 26, 2008

Patachou's glorious view (a still from

NOTE: Patchou is now gone forever and will never return.
    Now not only is it closed, but they have split the building into both a starbucks-like modern coffee shop and an art dealer of Dali reproductions. Worse yet, as I was there speaking to the art dealer, backhoes were dismantling the beautiful terrace.

( sob )

Juicy rumors abound as to the reason the owners closed it, but it is GONE, none the less. What a shame.

I am leaving my old tip (below) for now so I can remember how wonderful it was.

For laughs: here is my COMPLETE/in-depth review after my first visit to Patachou: ... (as seen through rose-colored glasses):

Examen de Slobbery de Patachou

ps ... I don't know if the name came from "pâte à choux", "cream puff pastry", the restaurant having been at first a cake shop, or from the actress / singer

From Oct. 2001:
    The food @ Patachou is good for Montmartre:
    But the view is to die for.

Here (foto above) is the glorious view from the terrace.

I sat just 2 tables to the right with an astounding unobstructed view of Paris that I will never forget.
    Imagine sitting there for lunch, (and the food was good).

Favorite Dish: The escargot "burgundy" appetizer with a kir royale as I sat there there and surrendered to the view.

Also had a decent herb poulet roti, a full bodied bordeaux to wash it down, mousse au chocolate and espresso.
    I sat there for 2 + hours in a hedonistic trance. A great Paris afternoon.

A Paris "magic moment."

Instant Answers: Paris

Comments

Hotels Near Patachou
4.0 out of 5 stars