Disneyland Paris, Paris

4.5 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars - 111 Reviews

• Finnish kids love
    Finnish kids love "Martti".
    by Turska
  • GUYON's Profile Photo

Walt Disney Studios

by GUYON Updated Mar 20, 2005

Earthquake scene

There are two parks : Eurodisneyland and Walt Disney Studios, one just beside the other.
    We visited several times the Disney Park but we didn't know the Studios. We have been disapointed : no comparison with Universal or Warner Studios. The park is rather small with few attractions : roller coaster, special effects, motorcycles show, Disney Channel, Tram Tour (see the photo), singing characters, carrousel (flying carpets).
    + some shops and restaurants.

Open :10AM to 6PM (WE open 9AM)
    Open the year round.

Price : 40 euros (49 for both parks)
    11 years and less : 30 euros.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

Disneyland Paris

by jumpingnorman Written Jan 19, 2009

Disneyland Paris 2007

This was our gift for our 3 yo twins (year 2007) - a trip to Paris Disneyland! I bought the tickets on line before leaving the USA and then read about this amusement park which opened in 1992. It is in the suburb of Marne-la-Vallee, and we just rode the train from Paris through the RER Line A (from Invalides, Nation, or Chatelet-Les Halles) to Marnee-la-Vallee-Chessy (takes about 35 minutes). You could also take the bus to the hotels by the resort once you arive at CDG (every 45 minutes between 8Am and 8PM) and also available at the Orly Airport. As for driving, all I know is you take the A4 highway east and exit at Park Euro Disney.

But the park did not disappoint because the twins got to see Mickey Mouse, the French version though. And actually, as I write this (2009) we still have not brought them to the California Disney (shameful!). The park also has very nice shows which we have not seen at the California Disney, but basically the idea is the same (people lining up for the shows and choosing which one to see). The park was also notably not very crowded during that cold February Day, but I have read that 50 million people visit during the year (probably during warmer times mostly).

There is a Big Thunder Mountain Roller Coaster, the manadatory Sleeping Beauty Castle, Fantasyland, Frontierland, Discoveryland, Space Mountain....all the Disney perks are ther so if you are a Disney fanatic, book a ticket and go!

• vinc_bilb's Profile Photo

Activate the kid part of your brain

by vinc_bilb Updated May 20, 2008

Not crowded when weather is bad

Well, I was not enthusiastic by the idea to spend some time in Disneyland for several reasons (too much "made in USA", social ...) but I've to recognize it's ... excellent.
    My suggestions:
    - by e-ticket (see website), be on time the morning (10:00 am typic)
    - prefer, if you have the choice, "bad weather" days and monday + tuesday (no very long queue). If you could choose a rainy monday, you're closed from excellence in term of queue (see pictures).
    - use the "fast pass" option (see website)
    - come by train / RER
    - buy your food outside (allowed now)
    - don't buy the daily 2 parcs ticket : you don't have time for 2 in 1 day, prefer the 1 day/1parc ticket (cheaper) and book 2 days for both parks
    Warning: you could have to wait up to 90 minutes for attraction (could be less than 20' if you follow the suggestions). Personnaly, I'm getting crazy with such waste time.

Travelling to Disneyland Resort Paris is easy, whether you are coming by car, plane, train or public transport. The Marne-la-Vallée/Chessy train station is located right at the gates of the Disney Parks (30-40 minutes from Paris)

• June.b's Profile Photo

For kids, young & young @ heart!

by June.b Updated Oct 30, 2005

Disneyland, Paris

Momma woke me up early and gleefully like a school boy on my first day of school vacation, we headed for that hour-long RER ride to Disney. I am not the usual avid Disney fan coz I always had this idea that Disney is only for kids, well, it's not after all.

Will probably take you the whole day or two to fully have that Disney experience, well, we stayed for half a day. I enjoyed it, though, I never dared taking those frightful rides even when I was a kid, not that am a chicken but I have this occassional vertigo and...Aaaaah! what the heck! do I really owe you an explanation?

It's Dineyland, no descriptions required. It's fun! For the whole family, and hey, don't miss watching the Tarzan show, it's spectacular! I guess Momma Mich never get tired watching it, for that one obvious reason that I have a slight idea... secret!

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

Feel like a kid again!

by mindcrime Updated Jan 15, 2011

Have a kid or feel like a kid?

We went there for a daytrip by train (38’ from Paris) and we returned late in the afternoon after the parade(it takes place every day at 16:00 and you can see all the characters passing in front of you).

Disneyland Park is divided into 5 sections:Main Street U.S.A, Frontierland, Adventureland, Fantasyland and Discoveryland . You will take a free map at the entrance so you can choose what games you want to see/play so don't be afraid because the park is big.

Get into the queues for the rides because many people go there for them. There is a fast card that you dont have to wait and get inside faster than the other people. I was there in October so there wasn’t any need to do that.

There are also some expensive restaurants and thats why many people bring their own food/drinks and have a picnik there (its not allowed but everyone does it)

If you stay for two days the second one you can visit Walt Disney Studios, the other park that is next to Disneyland park. We visited this on our second visit and I can say that we liked the games more there especially the rock n roll coaster, the crush’s coaster and the terror tower but there are some boring events too like Armageddon or the animagique (the kids may love it though)

Another thing the kids will love is that they will meet, take picture with and talk to Donald, Mickey, the snow white, Buzz (pic 4) and so many others! Kids’ smile is precious so you will forget for a while that you payed 54 euros to see one theme park or 68 euros if you decided to see both parks. If you have Paris Visite card you can see both parks for the price of one (54euros)

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

The Disney Magic

by Donna_in_India Updated Jul 7, 2009

Balloons at Disneyland Paris

We took the train - about 40 minutes from Paris - and got to see some of the suburbs outside of Paris. The train exited right at the entrance to Disneyland. I was surprised at how crowded it was (weekday, mid-April) – lines were running 45+ minutes.

We went on Space Mountain, It’s a Small World, etc. We saw a performance of the Lion King that is similar to the Broadway show. We also saw the parade which celebrates Disneyland Paris’ 15th anniversary this year. I would recommend seeing the parade and if the park is crowded, make sure to find a viewing spot early.

There are several hotels on property that offer package deals. The kids will love a meet 'n greet with the Disney characters! Shopping, restaurants, cinemas, parades, dancing, live entertainment, sports, day trips to Paris and surrounding areas are also available.

I am a big Disney fan and I was disappointed. Overall it seemed a very small Disney park. If you’ve done Disney in Orlando, you can definitely skip this one.

1 Day/1 Park Ticket is £35, Children 3-11 £30
    2 Day Park Hopper £76, Children 3-11 £65
    3 Day Park Hopper £94, Children 3-11 £80
    4 Day Park Hopper £110, Children 3-11 £94
    5 Day Park Hopper £118, Children 3-11 £110

Park hours vary by season, check the website.

All visitor information was correct as of this writing.

• henry14's Profile Photo

Help with planning a visit to Disneyland Paris

by henry14 Written Sep 11, 2009

From Paris, the RER line A4 (Regional Express Railway) takes you to Disneyland Paris in about 40 minutes. Marne la Vallée/Chessy station is a short walk from the gates of Disneyland.

There are actually 2 parks - the 'regular' Disney Park and the Disney Studios Park next door which is based around the world of cinema and television. To visit both you'll need a 2-Park ticket. The link below has lots of information to help your planning.

• far4uu2's Profile Photo

Euro Disney

by far4uu2 Written Sep 20, 2005

Disneyland park! what can I saw with this park :-) For all generation for sure, young, adult, old people, family, lovers could enjoy and relax together.

It consists of three main area: Parc Disneyland (Adventure land, Fantasy land and Discovery land), Parc Walt Disney Studios, Five Star Hotels-Clubs-Restaurants-MU Junior Clubs. But if you love kind of 'heart-attack" games like roller coster, you'll dissapointed because they don't have it!!

Ticket : €50 for both Parc enterance

• pavankrs's Profile Photo

Fun..allaorund

by pavankrs Written Jan 19, 2004

DisneyLand

Two options 1) Disney Studio ( where i didn't go) 2) Disney park.You should be adventures and funloving to go there..otherwise its waste to go there...It takes complete one day to see the place..you can goto 'phantom menace(but not so good)', 'Indiana jones'( suuupppperrr ride), honey I shrunk the audinace, and some other star war related high trhilling rides ( to which ofcourse I didn't go!!)..then donot miss the parade at some time in the evening..all the characters will come on the parade and there will be beutiful dance for lovely music...you can go around the park in the train..if u have time..donot carry too much luggague..

• PetraG's Profile Photo

Euro-Disneyland

by PetraG Written May 8, 2003

the Sleeping Beauty-castle

A visit of the Euro-Disneyland is an absolute must when you visit Paris. It's easy to reach by RER (train). And to be honest: we all love the cute Disney characters, don't we???
    A tip: to save up some money take some drinks and food with you and plan a picnic in the parc. The restaurants and shops are extremely expensive!

• Arial_27's Profile Photo

Disneyland, Paris

by Arial_27 Updated Apr 28, 2007

This park is fun, but I warn you that its not for everybody. Don't come here expecting anything like the Disney resorts in California or Florida because it is nothing like those.
    Disneyland Paris is geared towards a younger audience, and probably an English-speaking audience as well. I found that pretty well everything at this park was in English, depite the fact that its located in Paris.
    You won't find any 'scary' rides for the more dare-devil characters, but there sure are a lot of kiddie-rides. Travel to the 'Land of the Dolls', or take a ride on the flying bike with ET, or a flight with Peter Pan - it's all here at Disneyland, Paris. There's also Sleeping Beauty's charming palace, and Alice in Wonderland's maze.
    Don't buy your food here - it'll cost you a fortune. And be sure to remember where exactly you parked your car, because the parking lot is so huge, we spent 1/2 hour looking for ours!

• Turska's Profile Photo

Disneyland studios

by Turska Updated Jan 1, 2012

We first thought we wouldn´t go to Disneyland, that we are too old for that. But then at the tourist info I started to read about it and noticed that there is that new thing, the Disneyland studios. My husband loves movies and got interested. Of course it´s mainly abaout children movies, but he didn´t mind. And at the end I did also like it. Maybe not as much is he did, but anyway. And since we had had quite poor weather allmost whole two weeks (at July!!) it was nice that most of the things were inside. ;)
    The stuntman show was interesting and so was the ride behind the props. There was some kind of huge ghost house you coul go and it had sytem taking you very high up and going down fast. Kind of thing we would never go!
    Eating and coffee and such things was quite cheap there, witch was a big surprise!! We had hamburger and chicken fingers and shared fries and I think it was cheaper than in Mc Donadls. But I hate this kind of food, and it wasn´t even best of it´s kind. I was sorry to find a place serving things like croque monsieur only after we had allready eaten. It was quite hard to notice, behind the corner of one of the buildings, not inside that "mainstreet"-building.
    Check out my videos from the shows:

• Hosell's Profile Photo

THE DISNEY MAGIC IN EUROPE

by Hosell Updated May 17, 2004

During your visit to Paris,if you have the chance a very good idea can be go to this beautiful and huge theme park Disneyland Paris Resort.Has five worlds of zones:FANTASYLAND,ADVENTURELAND,DISCOVERYLAND,FRONTIERLAND AND MAIN STRET USA with a lot of nice atracttions,restaurants,shops.Don't miss the Parades.

• Moustique's Profile Photo

Fun with the kidsor adults

by Moustique Written Feb 25, 2003

I actually took this trip with about 50 other people from my school in france. I would say the average age was 20 and we had a blast. If i had kids i would definitely take them here or if you are still a big kid at heart and have some extra time in Paris.

• Americanised French Culture,lol

by Manyana Updated Nov 8, 2006

Father Chrismas's cart

I bet everyone fantasise their visiting and play-around in Disneyland, including me..you know kissing Mickey Mouse, hugging Bell and pushing away the Beast,and running after Aladdin and Abu,lol. I booked my ticket and my friend's online. And we stayed in a hotel in a Parisian suburb. So we saved time and money. Disneyland does have 4 or 5 hotels on-site but quite expensive
    At the entrance, couldn't see anything but endless queues!But we had an easy and relatively quick check-in. All what we had to do was to insert our ticket through the entrance machine and so to keep them for playing games later. We really saved so much time queuing!
    Our sight fell, first, on a train that went around the whole Disneyland and so that was quite good. It can transfer you from one area to another while enjoying the scenery. We had played some games. It was good as I was more attracted to the designs and architecture and buying Disney souviners than the games themselves,lol. However, the most thing I didn't like was the long queues. We had to queue for One hour and Half only to play One round in One for-children game:S That wasn't so good as it was freaking cold in December!
    At the end of the day, there was a parade showing the most popular Disney characters, the oldies and some newies;) though I didn't see Pochohantes* hehe.
    -Opening Times: vary depending on seasons and weekdays/ends
    -shops, restaurants, food stalls available everywhere but expensive so have your meals ready with you...and you could hardly to find available seats! too crowded.
    - Disneyland is divided into two major parks: the Theme Park and the Studio. There are different kind of tickets: daily or 3-day tickets for either one or both. We had one-day ticket for one site we could choose.We were recommended by the staff to choose the Theme Park as it was bigger than the studio and so much fun to see the shows and parades;)
    it was a nice experience to see the French Disney but it wasn't as dazzling as I imagined. Probably children would enjoy it more than adults (me);)

Instant Answers: Paris