Public Toilets, Paris

Know about this?

• Looking for correct change at a Paris toilette.
    Looking for correct change at a Paris...
    by no1birdlady
  • no1birdlady's Profile Photo

Coin operated toilettes

by no1birdlady Updated Mar 18, 2007
    coin operated toilettes

When we were here in 2000, it was hard to find places to use the restroom.

Unique Suggestions: Since my 2000 trip to France, they have put in these coin operated toilettes on the streets. sometimes they are the only place you can find to go. We saw them in Paris and other large cities on our 2006 trip. You put 20 euros into the coin slot and the door opens. Once you are in, it locks and then you use the toilet. Once you exit, the entire toilet goes back into the wall where it's totally washed down and then returned for the next person. They do make you feel a bit locked in and at first I was hesitant to use them but our guide demonstrated and they are often very helpful. The only problem is that you still need correct change!

• Women's Travel

• no1birdlady's Profile Photo

You Have to Pay to Pee In Paris

by no1birdlady Written Sep 8, 2005

Looking for correct change at a Paris toilette.

When you are exploring Paris streets, you eventually need a rest room. They are few and far between and then when you do find one, it costs 2.70f to use it and to make matters worse, at one a lady said that we had to have correct change and would not take the wrong amount. When you arrive in Paris, money changers do not usually give out change so you usually do not have correct change. I also found the women who take up the money at these toilettes very rude and mean to Americans.

Unique Suggestions: When you pay to go into a museum, there is often a rest room there so be sure to look and avoid having to use the street toilettes.

• Seniors
    • Women's Travel

• kylian74's Profile Photo

Public toilets

by kylian74 Written Jun 10, 2003

Public toilet in Paris

Be ready to many public toilets....you know what I mean, of course you can find this everywhere in the world but I have more experience in Paris nor France of inproper use of toilets.

I would like to inform you also that some toilets are lower built in style, I don't know exactly but you will find this more in this very touristic land.

Instant Answers: Paris