Eurostar, Paris

Know about this? Rate It!

disneyland bus
  • catnl's Profile Photo

Euro Tunnel...

by catnl Updated Feb 7, 2008

Euro Tunnel Calais-Folkstone.
    A very comfortable way to travel by car into a train from France to England and back.

From Eindhoven its about 3-4 hours to Calais France.
    The trip itself through The Eurotunnel is about 35 minutes. U can get out of da car if u want and stay in the carriage while music is played. There is a toilet in every third wagon.
    No LPG cars allowed though!

Ur car will be parked in a carriage with aircondition with some other cars.
    U can contact Eurotunnel:
    UK: 08705 35 35 35
    France: 03 21 00 61 00
    Belgium: 070 22 32 10
    Netherlands: 0900 5040540
    Germany: 01805 000 248
    picture is taken from the web, since i didnt take any myself.

• BeatChick's Profile Photo

The Chunnel or what snobs call the Eurostar!

by BeatChick Updated Feb 3, 2008

Eurostar at Gare du Nord

In March 2001 I rode my first Eurostar or Chunnel as it sometimes popularly called. I found round-trip airfare thru Travelocity for $378 Cincinnati/London and paid RT $158 via Eurostar London/Paris. I learned that the total was definitely cheaper than flying directly to Paris and got to see 2 cities to boot!

I rode the Eurostar from city center of London (Waterloo Station) to city center of Paris (Gare du Nord) & then back. There were plenty of seats to choose from and I just took one from wherever. It didn't seem to make a difference. However, I did ride the Eurostar in March which is low season so maybe it might be more crowded during the time you'll be traveling.

Also, you might consider the time you save in getting taking the Eurostar. In the time you've take a train to the airport, go thru security, board the plane, fly, go thru customs on the other end, grab your luggage you could have just taken a train & it would have been cheaper.

Plus, taking the train you get to see the lovely countryside of France. And the thrill of arriving in Paris is just amazing!

UPDATE:
    This past trip I captured a photo of the trains snaking into Gare du Nord from behind the station on boulevard de la Chapelle, which borders between the 18th & 10th arrondissements (3rd photo).

Photos: February 3006 & November 2007

• Women's Travel

• Janani's Profile Photo

Eurostar to Paris

by Janani Updated Jan 12, 2008

Eurostar

As the trains from my local station stop at Waterloo Station, and our hotel was less than five minutes' walk from the Gare du Nord, we found the Eurostar very convenient for us. We left very early in the morning and really enjoyed the three hour train journey, as part of our trip. We had a very quick and efficient service, when we came to check in and board the train and found it was a very comfortable and relaxing way of getting there and back. There is an on board café, where we bought drinks but we didn't try any of the food, as we had bought some snacks from a café in Waterloo Station before we left.

I used it again to travel to Paris on my way to Morocco, just before the service stopped running from Waterloo. It won't be as convenient for me any more but I hope I'll use it again anyway.

• andreslo2000's Profile Photo

It's fast, but it's also expensive

by andreslo2000 Written May 5, 2007
    waitng for a train...

Me and my friend came to Paris and wanted to go back home by plane from London. There was only one tiny trouble: how to get from Paris to London. Well, we were short of time, there was a strike of airport workers due next day, so the only way to get there was some local bus, then ferry and another bus or train (some 6 or 7 hours for 200 miles) or...
    TRAIN UNDER ATLANTIC OCEAN!!!
    What an experience! Oh, not really. Besides BIG prise of the ticket, nothing else is to be remembered. After all - the picture of my friend "enjoying" the under watter trip would tell you all :-)

• bluejaxx's Profile Photo

Eurostar from London

by bluejaxx Written Apr 12, 2007

The prices for the eurostar are very affordable and will most likely equal the plane fare and airport transfer if you would have chosen to fly. Another advantage is that the train station is in the middle of the city (Gare du Nord)so you can start your sight seeing right away. You also can look at the French country side on your way to Paris. It is best to not take too much luggage because there are limited places to store it. I would recommend bringing your own food because the food on the eurostar is overpriced and of poor quality (powdery hot chocolate for 6 dollars!). The train ride is very relaxing and will return you to Waterloo international which is a convenient location in London.

• Singles
    • Women's Travel

• crodri1's Profile Photo

Eurostar with children

by crodri1 Written Apr 6, 2007

We recently took two roundtrip trips between Paris and London and took the Eurostar. It was a very quick and efficient way to travel between the two cities.

Because we had our 1 year old son, we asked to be seated in either the 1st or 18th car as they each have a separate bathroom for babies that contains a changing table and a sink. The changing table is really nice with a pad and disposable paper cover. Also, there is a dispenser on the wall with plastic bags that are useful for super dirty diapers or wet clothes. These two cars also have an area for family seating that gives children more stretching room. There 4 sets of 4 seats that face each other with a small table in between. This area is great because if you have a loud baby, then only other families in this small area are bothered by him.

• Eurostar

by mattalthor Updated Mar 24, 2007

I was very impressed.

Allocated seating and it all feels safe and not squashed at all.

Queues for drinks/food, quite pricing and not a great selection (we had dried fruit and nuts as werent much else there!) but quick and efficient. I'd recommend!

• largerama's Profile Photo

by largerama Written Feb 18, 2007

From London to Paris, the Eurostar was a smooth journey and a good alternative to flying. The price if you book online and include a hotel in your package works out good value. Trains are not quite Japanese bullet standard but they are modern and comfortable. Onboard food is ok and arriving in the centre of Paris without having to travel from the airport is a bonus.

• fishandchips's Profile Photo

by fishandchips Updated Jan 23, 2007

The Eurostar is one of the easiest ways to get to Paris from several places in Europe. I travelled from London & it was very very easy getting to Waterloo station & down to the Eurostar terminal. Unlike flying you need only be here 45 minutes before the train leaves the station so not the huge down-time you must allow for when travelling via air.

The trip took approx 2 hours 40 and finished in the middle of Paris at Gare du Nord with easy access to the Paris Metro. There are several Metro lines that go through Gare du Nord so getting to your next destination should be easy.

Booking is easy on the Eurostar website. I went online & managed to get tickets at 29.50 pounds and they were mailed to my home in New Zealand. When I got to the station I fed my ticket into the machine just like a Tube ticket.

Customs was easy and not major queuing or delays as you get with Airports. While at Waterloo I also could buy Metro and Museum passes for Paris so I could hit the ground running in Paris.

The train journey was quiet and 20 minutes was spent under the English Channel. The food carriage was close to my own carriage so I could get a cup of tea & something to eat without much hassle.

• Conspirator's Profile Photo

Eurostar - the way to get from London to Paris

by Conspirator Written Dec 17, 2006

Eurostar (www.eurostar.com) is the easiest and best way to get from London to Paris and vice versa. The fast train travels under the English Channel from London's Waterloo station to Gare du Nord in Paris.

The trip takes 2.5 hours (although mind the 1 hour time difference).

Book your tickets online and turn up a little in advance to pick then up at the station (the ticket will say 45 mins, but 30 is really plenty).

Book a return ticket if you're coming back, as they can be significantly cheaper than one-way tickets.

The benefits: Not much security, connects directly to the hearts of Paris and London rather than having to shlep all the way to Heathrow / CDG, and it's not uncomfortable either ... beats the pants off plane travel any day.

• daryll's Profile Photo

EUROSTAR

by daryll Updated Nov 23, 2006

Famous Eurostar line connects London and Paris withing 2 1/2 hours.
    Depart from London Waterloo Station and arrive direct to central Paris at Gare Du Nord Station. The best option and well connected.

Plus points. You dont have to waste so much of time to go to airport and going through the security. I felt its as the most convenient mode of transport to Paris.

• E_R_I_C's Profile Photo

Eurostar info - traveling with kids

by E_R_I_C Updated Aug 24, 2006
    Nancy and Brian... enjoying the train ride.

My girlfriend and I took our two kids to Paris and took the bullet train (Eurostar) to London. The tickets were about $100 each for general/coach seating. It was fine. We all sat together and got to London in about 2 hrs and 35 minutes (and only a block from our hotel!) I will say that it was slightly difficult with our kids. I made them drag their luggage through the Metro to get to Eurostar station, and the turnstyles can play havoc with young arms and large luggage. Anyway, it wasn't too painful. The Eurostar was fast and we had a table between our seats. It was a quick ride! All prices I mentioned are in US dollars and the travel date was March, 2005. (And yes, I know some of this info was already mentioned in the Metro tip!)

• HarShe's Profile Photo

by HarShe Written Aug 14, 2006

Gare du Nord station, Paris

This is a very cheap, easy and comfortable way of travelling to London. The standard ticket is UK£59.00 for a return journey. The Leisure select is a bit more costly, but still cheaper than airfare. The tunnel crossing is only 20 minutes and you hardly notice it. You dont have the hassle of checking in at the airport, although you do have to check in but it is much easier & quicker.

• sparkieplug24's Profile Photo

eurostar

by sparkieplug24 Updated Jun 11, 2006

If going to disney by eurostar it is cheaper to book transport when booking hotel and also make sure you book directly to disney terminal at marne la val chesse station. I didnt and it cost me a fortune to change the tickets but it worked out in end.

Also if you have disabilities it is worth noting that eurostar do accomodate those in wheelchair but because of restrictions the can only take a maximum of two wheelchair users. Further eurostar are now able to accommodate guide dogs but must be advised of this at time of booking and this is the only animals that eurostar will accommodate and the dog also needs a passport which can take a long time to process.

• Theme Park Trips
    • Disabilities

• vichatherly's Profile Photo

Eurostar from London to Paris

by vichatherly Updated May 25, 2006

Gard Nord

We took the Eurostar from London to Paris. Waterloo to Gard Nord to be exact, which is not too far from the Montmartre area of Paris.

The trip takes around 2 to 3 hours depending on the time of travel. it's s really good way to get to Paris if you don't like the airport.

If you looking for a bargain tickets, its best to book way in advance and keep looking at the website for deals.

A good tip would be to save the hassle and buy your metro pass before you leave London at Waterloo, so you're ready to whiz into action as soon as you arrive.

• Beer Tasting