Know about this?
The Bastille Day and the day before (July 13 + 14) is some great days to be in Paris. People will go out celebrating and you should too...but beware of the traffic. Trying to get home from Place de Bastille (July 13) or from watching the fireworks at the Eiffel Tower (July 14) it will be almost impossible to get into the metro or to get a taxi. Prepare you rself to walk if it's possible or at least wait quite some time before it's possible to find a free taxi.
By the way, heading to the Eiffel Tower to see the fireworks (starts 22.30) on the Bastille Day. Go there at least an hour before, because the metro will be absolutely stuffed half an hour before!
- Road Trip
Bandit Taxi Drivers!
Beware of "rogue taxi" drivers roaming CDG, preying on unsuspecting tourists. They will usually approach YOU and assure you that their fare is cheaper. DO NOT BELIEVE THEM!! It is far better (and about 15E or more cheaper) to stand in the line for a taxi.
- Family Travel
Parisian taxi drivers are...
Parisian taxi drivers are easily bribed if you have one too may for one taxi. Establish a price before you get into one, and although against the law, will squeeze an extra person in for that extra money.
Be careful when in crowded places. Some areas in the urban south of the city are no-go.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Paris Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Brisbane Hotels
- Manasota Key Hotels
- Williamsburg Village
- Kampung Kuala Tembeling Hotels
- Fort Myers Beach
- Sequoia National Park
- Adyar Hotels
- Bad neighborhoods
- Safe and less than safe areas
- Johannesburg Warnings and Dangers
- Bulgaria Warnings and Dangers
- San Diego Warnings and Dangers
- Vietnam Warnings and Dangers
- Sri Lanka Warnings and Dangers
- Cameroon Warnings and Dangers
- Ocho Rios Warnings and Dangers
- Laos Warnings and Dangers
- Medan Warnings and Dangers
- Rochester Warnings and Dangers