Céret Restaurants

• Restaurants
    by ranger49
  • Taken after  tables were cleared from the deck
    Taken after tables were cleared from...
    by ranger49
    Place des 9-Jets.
    by pfsmalo

Most Recent Restaurants in Céret

• La Fontaine: This is what France does best

by normanlauritsen Written Sep 16, 2010

Relax, sit in a sunny square, shaded by plane trees and listen to music. Enjoy friendly service provided by a young couple who put everything into serving good country-style French food in an incredible way. Most weekdays in the summer, Francoise & Stephane, together with only a couple of staff, serve what has to be the best food in Ceret, to upward of 50 customers from a kitchen that is no more than 2 metres square. In the winter, there are about 5 indoor tables, and the duo have a little more time to chat. The food is typically French - tasty and good value, arranged around 3 menus of varying prices, with an a la carte option. The dishes are often found in the area - melon and ham, various salads, oysters if you pre-order, magret de canard, fondant d'agneau etc.etc., but the quality is unusual. Over 4 years, we have never been disappointed and have stopped trying other places in the area because La Fontaine is so consistently good. A 3 course meal for 2 , with wine, will cost between €40 -€60, and be worth 50% more. Be sure to book for Saturday lunchtimes.

Favorite Dish: Without doubt it is Stephane's fondant d'agneau. - this is the lamby equivalent of confit de canard - twice cooked lamb, which is so tender that it just falls off the bone. I have noticed that it is appearing more and more often as one of the "specials" on the board - justifiably so.

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Les Feuillants: Charming hotel-restaurant-brasserie

by Beausoleil Updated Aug 4, 2010

Les Feuillants in Ceret

I would like to stress that we did not eat here. We were in town for an art exhibit and passed this house while walking to the museum from our parking place. It was so lovely that it immediately caught our atten tion . . . as did the lovely gentleman perusing the menu and the little boy playing nearby.

The little boy looked so French and the man looked like a leftover from the Raj. It was an intriguing combination with the lovely house.

Update 2010: Unfortunately, it appears this wonderful restaurant has been a casualty of the economic downturn. Perhaps when times are better, it will reopen. I've removed the web site because it is no longer operable. I don't know about the phone numbers so will leave them. If you are in the area, try them and see if you have any luck. If they reopen, please let me know.

Favorite Dish: David Tanguy is the chef. There is a 30 euro menu with a children's menu for 19 euros.

There is also a brasserie with a Menu of the week at 21 euros and a Lunch Special at 15 euros.

I think I would probably opt for the Lunch Special just to try the restaurant.

You can check the web site for sample menus.

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo

Quattrocentro.: Cheap and cheerful.

by pfsmalo Updated Aug 31, 2009

Place des 9-Jets.

I must admit that all the years I've been coming to Ceret, I still feel that there's not a lot of choice in the way of restaurants. I seem to always come back to this one, one of three on the place des 9 jets. The food is nothing exceptional but the atmosphere is nice and the prices agree with most peoples pockets. Even nicer, being outside under the plane trees on a nice, balmy May evening, chatting and quaffing a nice bottle of Rosé.

Bleu Citron: Next to the Museum of Modern Art

by ranger49 Written Apr 30, 2009

This is a well established little cafe conveniently situated next to the Museum of Modern Art.
    We had excellent salads, prepared to order and beautifully presented without delay.

We ate outside on the pavement terrace under the shade of the plane trees on a warm and sunny day in mid-April

EL Tall (with 2 LL's): Cheap and cheerful

by ranger49 Written Apr 24, 2008

Taken after  tables were cleared from the deck

This little restaurant /snack bar is tucked on to the corner of what once must have been a rather splendid and gracious hotel. When you go through the cafe to use the toilettes you can see how they are connected. Entrance to the Hotel is round the corner - it looked just the kind of quirky, old fashioned place we love to stay in ( hoping that the beds are neither quirky or old fashioned !) I think the hotel was called Vital - sadly most of the upper rooms appear from the outside to be closed off. So sad to see the decline of the tourism of an earlier time!

Having saved a fortune by finding Les Feuillants closed we had the Plat du Jour at 11 euros 50 - "white fish" fried with frites and salad,bread, water a demi pichet of wine 4 euros 50 and coffee at 1 euro 30 each (compared with an average of 1eu.90 in Collioure). It was a most satisfying meal and so much more suitable for midday than a Gourmet experience would have been !

• ranger49's Profile Photo

Les Feuillants: Disappointed again!

by ranger49 Written Apr 24, 2008

I have gathered a number of reviews and guide book recommendations for this restaurant and we had hoped to have lunch here. But as on our previous visit it was firmly closed with not even a menu to be gazed at in consolation.
    It has a good reputation but is also expensive so perhaps our consolation was that we saved quite a few euros, and a too somnolent mood for the drive back to Collioure and went instead to a cheap and cheerful cafe at the other end of the catering spectrum.

But I hope someone will one day soon post a review about this attractive looking establishment - the phone number is below

Instant Answers: Céret

Comments

Céret Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Céret restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Céret sightseeing.