I strongly recommand that for Nature lovers, but don't forget you lotion agains mosquitosThis place is unique, unlike any other: outstanding flora and fauna… inhabitants, sharing the same fierce passion for La Camargue. Something very original, not common: rich bird-life of the area, notably the legendary pink flamingos that have made their home in...more
A good way for closing a hard day on the beach: playing a mini-gold party, in a great tropical ambiance.Three rounds available, a Brasserie is available also, inside the mini-golf.Staff members are friendly and efficientWARNING:1- Possible long queues after 9:00pm (July and August)2- The evening + night, don't forget protection/lotion against...more
Every style of dining is available here:
- beach restaurant, or choose the bustling canal side, sampling
- shellfish and seafood, or maybe a table at a Michelin starred restaurant.
All along the quays of this sailing resort, a lot of ambiances are available.
Favorite Dish: You must try rouille graulenne a lightly warmed blend of octopus, potatoes and aïoli. As for the Camargue bull, you’ll find him not only in the bullring and on the streets, but also served up on your plate, grilled, as Steak Tartare or ‘en gardianne’ with rice.
Walking and using bicycles for transportation is clearly a good idea here.
- Cars traffic is not so easy
- A lot of array's are NOT allowed to any motorized transports
- Infrastructure is well done for pedestrians and bicycles, with reserved lane and arrays.
I want to rent a bicyle? Easy, a lot of possibilities (see website tourism information center site)
All the main shoping array, attractive for tourists, is located just around the fishing port:
- Quai Colbert
- Michel Bedares street
Most of the Local craft and gifts, clothes, food and drink, restaurants are located here
Photo #2: map (from viamichelin)
Open air market is here, also
What to pay: Graud du Roi is generaly cheaper than "chic" sea resorts. Anyaway, keep a critical view and barging is not unfair.
Avoid serious sunburn:
- Don't stay on the beach from noon to 3:30pm
- Or keep dressed with shirt + hat + sunglasses
- Plant of the feet is a sensible array!
- Use sun protection lotion, high indice
- Don't sleep on the beach druing the hottest hours!
This is particulary true, when the wind blows, easing the sensation of heat
- Cold water showers are available at beach main entrance
- Freshing system (Sequarium)
An old fishing port from earliest times, became a seaside resort at the beginning of the 20th century. A popular bathing resort:
- strong inflation in terms of buildings and infrastructure for vacations.
- standing is not "chic" as Côte d'Azur or Provence,
but, if you enjoy the sea, it's a good place to be
After a big (too big) popularity increase en of 20th century, Le Graud du Roi is now suffering of competitive offers mainly from Spania.
A stay in Grau du Roi Port Camargue is great if you are a fan of the sea + beach.
Fondest memory: Great for the childrens, family vacations. A little too much crowded from mid July to mid August