Around Place de la Comedie, Montpellier

• Suet's Profile Photo

The Greyhound Pub: The Greyhound Pub

by Suet Updated Sep 4, 2010

View of the Pub across from the tracks

This pub is right on the edge of the Place de la Comedie. Perfect for people watching and even more perfect, from Hubby's point of view, they serve Chimay Bleu. Nectar for the Gods he says.

The slight snag is that they put the tram tracks right outside the door so your view is interrupted every few minutes by the huge blue tram that trundles and squeals through the town centre.

I've never been to the one in Kensington Square, London. However it reminds me of the Trotter's yellow van, London, Paris, Rome and Peckham.

Favorite Dish: Chimay Bleu. I've never eaten here.

• toontraveller's Profile Photo

I'll let you know once I'm allowed: Avoid like le plague

by toontraveller Written Nov 5, 2003

Exactly...where is it?

A member of the party I was with suggested this eating house for an evening meal so 11 of us sat down for a much needed meal after a long day. Can I just point out that we are 11 professional adults, not foreign hoodlums.

It took about 20 minutes to get service from a rude waitress who told us to hurry up, the drinks eventually arrived (well some of them) The meals arrived in no particular order in most cases wrong and two not at all!

After an hour and ten minutes 9 people had finished starters and main meals while two had recieved nothing (asides abuse) The management attempted to rectify the situation for one brief moment before changing their minds and telling us to pay up and F*** Off. The entire staff gathered at the door to make sure we paid for meals that we did not get and despite us asking them to call the police we could not hang around long enough due to a 5am start to the next day.

We've written to the Mayor of Montpellier and eagerly await his comments. If you want to know more get in touch.

I have recieved many great tips from the pages of VT - this place so far is not mentioned and probably never will be but let this serve as a warning to weary travellers in need of nourishment. BEWARE, you can't buy a good reputation.

Favorite Dish: Probably the one I never got!

• sandravdp's Profile Photo

You can find terraces and...

by sandravdp Written Sep 7, 2002

You can find terraces and restaurants everywhere. A good one is 'Nina's Tavern' in one of the sidestreets near Place la Comedie.

Instant Answers: Montpellier

Comments

Hotels Near Around Place de la Comedie
3.5 out of 5 stars