Fun things to do in Languedoc-Roussillon

  • Loius XIV and the shady trees
    Loius XIV and the shady trees
    by Suet
  • Amphithéâtre (Nimes, France)
    Amphithéâtre (Nimes, France)
    by Redang
  • Cathédrale Saint-Nazaire.
    Cathédrale Saint-Nazaire.
    by JLBG

Most Viewed Things to Do in Languedoc-Roussillon

  • gwened's Profile Photo

    Basilica Saint Nazaire, Carcassonne

    by gwened Written Jan 25, 2015

    a wonderful Church and part of the great history of this fortified city of Carcassonne. Saint Nazaire is a wonderful blend of roman and gothic architecture with the most beautiful stained glasses in the whole Midi area .Mass is done every Sunday at 11h.

    It was a simple Church blessed and consacrated as Cathedral by the Pope Urbain II in 1096AD. Built in the Romanesque style, the building had just replace an old church less important, which was there from the 5C built by the Visigoths. The Cathedral is modified later, from 1269: this time, the choir and the transept, which are destroyed, are reconstructed in the Gothic style, while retaining the Romanesque nave. It was in 1801 that the Church loses its rank of Cathedral of Carcassonne, settling in the Saint-Michel church headquarters. The Interior of the Basilica is particularly rich, with particularly lavish organ, installed initially in the 17C, as well as the magnificent stained glass (the rose window, the stained glass windows of the choir). A must to visit, in free access.

    The Saint-Nazaire de Carcassonne Cathedral is more recent than that of Béziers. Destroyed in 1209, at the end of the crusade against the Cathars, the decision for the reconstruction resumes at the end of the 13C. The new cathedral becomes the first testimony of a radiant Gothic architecture in Carcassonne. As such, the choir is exemplary. Do not miss to admire the painted decorations which are illuminated through two beautiful roses in the transept.

    One thing to see Inside the Cité of Carcassonne. Indicated hours for visits are from 9h-11h45 and 13h45-18h (closed 17h in winter). Sundays 9h- 10h45 and 14h-17h (closes at 16h30 in winter) as above the main Mass is Sundays at 11h.

    main door towers of Basilica of Saint Nazaire the nave alleys inside back chevet of Cathedral stained glass by the rosary window
    Related to:
    • Architecture
    • Historical Travel
    • Religious Travel

    Was this review helpful?

  • gwened's Profile Photo

    Cité de Carcassonne

    by gwened Written Jan 25, 2015

    a medieval fortified city and one of the hightlights of this region of Languedoc-Roussillon is Carcassonne. Département of Aude no

    It is well known for its doble ramparts walls that are near 3 kms long and has 52 towers, looking over the valley of the Aude. It ,also, has a wonderful castle and the basilica Saint-Nazaire (see tip).

    There are ramparts here since the 3C and the first line done by the Visigoths follow the depression on the land of the massive mountain of Corbières in the town of Palaja at 260 meters of altitude, passing in the cité at 148 meters and ending in the river Aude at 100 meters. This was then after the Franks conquered the region in 507AD, the Visigoth retake the town in 713AD. In 725,the chief Wali Ambisa of the moors take Carcassonne following the conquest of the visigoth kingdom in Spain by the muslims. The Cité stayed in the hand of the muslims until 752,when the Franks retake the city Under king Pépin le Bref.

    The Château is from the 12C and the Cathedral since 1096 that it begins to be built ; this is Saint Nazaire. By 1208 the cité falls Under the Crusades after defeating the Cathars, some changes later Under the second crusade started by king Louis VIII in 1226, the Cité de Carcassonne is finally Under the domaine of the king of France and becomes a bishop seat. king Louis IX ordered a second ramparts to protec from further attacks including that of Raymond de Trentavel count of Toulouse in 1240. Finally in 1247, he renounce in front of king Louis IX all rights to the Cité and finally the city becomes part of the kingdom of France. In 1258, under the treaty of Corbeil it fixed the frontiers between France and the kingdome of Aragon (Spain) near Carcassonne, in the valley of the Corbières. king Louis IX renounce his rights over Catalunya and the Roussillon as the same time the king of Aragon renounce its rights for the Languedoc.

    In the 17C the cité is abandon for the lower town or ville baisse,the Cathedral Saint-Nazaire, stayed in the cité until the French revolution. In 1790, the citation is abolished, and the episcopal palace and the cloister are sold later destroyed in 1795. Even the seat of the episcopal is transfered in 1801 from the Cathedral of Saint-Nazaire to the church of Saint-Michel in the lower town. Second empire the cité is held for stock of ammunition and stock of food.

    From 1835 onwards many loca citizens help to bring back the cité, such as the noble and historian Jean-Pierre Cros-Mayrevieille, and the writer Prosper Mérimée, the architect Eugène Viollet-le-Duc is made in charge of the saving or recovery and restauration of the cité. In 1853 Napoléon III ordered the restoration of the cité so govt money comes in. In 1903, the Cité passes Under the guidance of the ministry of war to the ministry of fine arts and in 1918, the army leaves the cité for good. In 1944, the Cité de Carcassonne was occupied by nazi troops that used the castle as munition depot,the people of the cité are thrown out.

    In 1961, a museum is installed in the castle and in 1997,the Cité is name historical world monument by UNESCO. There is a brief history of it.

    For me the main areas to visit other than the ramparts on the exterior, the castle museum and the basilica cathedral Saint Nazaire are the different gates and arches such as Porte Narbonnaise ,and barbacane Saint-Louis, Porte and barbacane Saint-Nazaire, Porte d'Aude, Porte du Bourg and barbacane Notre-Dame, Barbacane in the east protecting the entrance to the castle.

    This is a place to spend a whole day on it at least. pictures from different visits. Enjoy it
    From the city cultural service , more in English and directions
    http://www.carcassonne.culture.fr/
    from the historical monuments site of the French govt in English
    http://carcassonne.monuments-nationaux.fr/en/

    main entrance cit�� de Carcassonne the exterior ramparts inside parvis interior ramparts view side by church exterior ramparts second ramparts of Carcassonne
    Related to:
    • Architecture
    • Castles and Palaces
    • Museum Visits

    Was this review helpful?

  • gwened's Profile Photo

    Castillet de Perpignan

    by gwened Written Sep 29, 2014

    a wonderful symbol of the city and by car is sublime to go by and then come back for a walk over the pont magenta. it has been a prison and today it houses the Museum Catalan of Arts and popular Traditions (also, known as La Casa Pairal).

    The Castillet consists of two parts that are the Castillet Grand and Petit Castillet. Great importance from the history of the city, and type of military architecture is unique in its kind. It is more decorative with its Coronation of jaggies, consoles and Moorish-style turrets.

    The Castillet Grand was built around 1368 on the order of the Infante Don Juan of Aragon, to replace the so-called gate of Vernet that allowed to cross the ramparts and to communicate the city with the suburb.

    The short-lived occupation of Roussillon by Louis XI allowed to change the destination. The fortress became useless since any conflict with France was completed and it became a State prison. In 1542, Charles Quint did cover the Castillet North using a polygonal bastion with the tip and the Watchtower has progressed towards the bass (River North). Workers used the materials from the Chapelle Notre-Dame du Pont, which was demolished (along with the houses of the suburb) for strategic reasons. Following the destruction of this chapel was placed the Castillet under the protection of Nostra Dona del ponte and the statue of the Madonna adorning it took place in the chapel. Subsequently, the statue was placed on the facade in a simple niche in the wall (the niche concave, visible today, ornamented with a Gothic framework date from 1864). Vauban made strengthen the polygonal bastion of Charles Quint and handed the Castillet in a State of defensive bastion.

    In 1904, the castle was demolished but the walled enclosure of Perpignan was respected the Castillet. In the 20C, the Castillet housed the Municipal Archives of city of Perpignan.

    The museum info is here in French
    http://www.mairie-perpignan.fr/vie-pratique/culture/musees/la-casa-pairal

    Castillet entrance Back tower of Castillet arriving at Castillet over pont magenta
    Related to:
    • Architecture
    • Historical Travel
    • Castles and Palaces

    Was this review helpful?

  • gwened's Profile Photo

    Cité Vauban, Villefranche de Conflent

    by gwened Written Jul 21, 2014

    one of the most beautiful towns of France, le plus beaux villages de France, is at Villefranche-de-Conflent a vivid example of the Genius of Vauban in the Cité Vauban.

    This is one of the glories of traveling in France, and will tell you a bit of HIstory I like on the town.
    The Count of Cerdagne William Raymond, decided to build a 1092 a town at the confluence of the three rivers Tet and Cady-the Rotja to protect the valleys of the invasions. That year, the Bishop of Elne gives permission to build the Church of Saint Jacques.

    In 1095, the new town is named VILA FRANCA by the count of Cerdagne. In 1277, a market is established on the square of the Church, selling meat, fish and vegetables. In 1654, the Treaty of the Pyrenees, shares in two parts, southern Catalonia Spain and Northern Catalonia (currently the Pyrénées Orientales). In 1681, VAUBAN constructed Fort Liberia and adjusts Villefranche, enhanced the ramparts, built barracks, a hospital, a stronghold, powder magazines and the demolition of the convent of the Franciscans in the suburb. The 18C to today, the reign of Louis XVI (1783), the access doors are replaced with large doors in pink marble and drawbridge. At 19C, Napoleon III made of large work, which the underground «so-called 1000 markets» linking Villefranche de Conflent in Fort Liberia by 775 markets, starting at the level of the pont Saint Pierre (Roman bridge).

    The town is serve by the road N116, that links it to Prades and Perpignan to the east and Cerdagne and Andorre to the west; driving here is great with wonderful natural beauty.

    You can go up to Fort Liberia for 7€ admission web here
    http://www.fort-liberia.com/

    in FRench the story of Vauban here
    http://www.villefranchedeconflent.fr/DetailElement.aspx?numStructure=80752&numElement=87353&numRubrique=487797

    cit�� Vauban, Villefranche de Conflent the tower with lookout bartizan at cit�� Vauban
    Related to:
    • Architecture
    • Castles and Palaces
    • Historical Travel

    Was this review helpful?

  • gwened's Profile Photo

    Tours et Remparts d' Aigues Mortes

    by gwened Written Jun 10, 2014

    or the towers and ramparts of Aigues Mortes is a national monument and a must see while in the area.

    The fortications are wonderful ,and the towers intact. All around a great bay with salt production. A nice place to spend your day in summer or any time...

    The ramparts of Aigues-Mortes is a masonry enclosure protecting the city of Aigues-Mortes. Built between 1272 and 1300 near the Tower of Constance, the walls spread over a length of 1,600 meters. They are the wish of Louis IX (Saint Louis).

    The tower or tour de Constance is sadly remembered as serving as a prison of protestants since 1685. It had the same use since 1307 with the Templiers,and did not end its function until 1768.

    They are particularly notable for their height and their conservation status. They, together with the Tower of Constance, an exceptional testimony in Western Europe of the military architecture in marshy areas in the 13-14C.

    you can see the link for hours and days of opening up to date.

    ramparts of Aigues Mortes porte des Cordeliers Tour Carbonni��re Tour de Constance Porte des Moulins at Castle
    Related to:
    • Architecture
    • Historical Travel
    • Castles and Palaces

    Was this review helpful?

  • gwened's Profile Photo

    Cathédrale Notre Dame et St Privat, Mende

    by gwened Written Jun 5, 2014

    a wonderful cathedral as one more in wonderful languedoc-roussillon. This one at Mende dept 48, Lozére. I found two pictures in my vault so enough to tell you a tip ::)

    This is a beauty that needs more time to see again.
    The Church, whose construction was decided in the 1360s by Pope Urban V was succeeded by three other sanctuaries, the first Merovingian, the second pre-Romanesque, the last Roman. Richly decorated, it was a victim of the disorders of the wars of religion and had to be largely rebuilt at the beginning of the 17C; It will be completed in the 19C by the addition of a neo-Gothic portal.

    Elevated to the rank of minor Basilica in 1874, the Cathedral offers including the veneration of the faithful a Black Madonna from the 12C. Its furniture includes organs and of 17C woodwork, tapestries of Aubusson at the beginning of the 18C, a high altar of the 20C; It also keeps the leaf of the "pareille", the largest Bell in Christendom at the time of its establishment.

    The Cathedral is composed of twelve rectangular side chapels dedicated to Sainte-Jeanne-d'Arc, Saint-Joseph, Notre-Dame-de-Lourdes, Saint-Blaise, or Sainte-Anne for some. To this must be added the two chapels pentagonal Notre-Dame and Saint-Privat; the vestry, porch and two portals (North and South). The Interior is also comprised of 9 spans and 22 round pillars.

    There are several Crypts (at least three) under the cathedral. Under the center of the nave, found that currently carries the name of saint-Privat, where Aldebert III of the Tournel would have brought back the body of the martyr. The tomb of the bishops is located underneath the choir. Finally under the square, at the foot of the great Tower, lies the crypt of Sainte-Thècle, in the 12C, but whose construction is older, and could even be gallo-romain. There was found the body of Privat: while the Bishop, Aldebert III was in Auvergne, it was discovered the entrance to the crypt, then forgotten for years, while digging a well in the garden of the bishop. It is composed of five distinct parts: the crypt in which was found the sarcophagus of Privat, two ancient Crypts which one filled, the crypt dug by Jason Aldean, and the chapel of Saint Lucia furnished also by the latter.

    With the unique story of the black virgin. The Black Madonna is currently housed in the Lady chapel in the apse of the Cathedral. It is the subject for a very long time of a great devotion by the Mendois. In 1249 it is mentioned first: Châteauneuf Randon pays tribute to the Bishop Odilon of Mercoeur before 'the altar of Madona Santa Maria in the Mende. During a crusade, it would have been reported from the East, where it was performed, probably in the 11C. This olive wood statue probably belongs to the same family as the other virgins to the child frequent in Auvergne and Gévaudan, with this black caracteristics.

    Cathedral side cathedral tours and belltower
    Related to:
    • Architecture
    • Religious Travel
    • Historical Travel

    Was this review helpful?

  • gwened's Profile Photo

    Abbaye de fontfroide, Narbonne

    by gwened Written May 20, 2014

    you have tours and many info in English here, I took a quick trip here passing by,
    http://www.fontfroide.com/horaires-et-tarifs

    you have tours of the abbey, and vinyards with wine tastings, and the rosary , gardens, you have a wonderful place with time.

    Initially it was a benedictine abbey in about 1093AD, and was part of the Cistercian order between 1144 and 1145. During the albigeois crusades the abbey was the strong symbol of the Catholic orthodox. In the second half of the 12C the abbey received many gifts and donations from the lands of Ermengarde de Narbonne, and in the mid 13C,also, important donations in land and money from Olivier de Termes that allowed it to do new constructions. In the 14C one of its abbot , Jacques Fournier, was elected Pope Under Benoît XII.

    The abbey of Fontfroide is a private monument still held by the descendants of Gustave and Madeleine Fayet.

    a further stop is needed.

    from Cloister of abbey of Fontfroide the abbey Fontfroide gardens in cloister walking along the shade in the cloisters
    Related to:
    • Religious Travel
    • Historical Travel
    • Wine Tasting

    Was this review helpful?

  • gwened's Profile Photo

    Cathédrale Saint Just et Saint Pasteur,Narbonne

    by gwened Written May 20, 2014

    a wonderful cathedral in a sunny town, a change. A gothic building from the 4C AD, the fascinating fact by all is that is unfinished only the choir is done , and the ceilings is the fourth highest in France at 41 meters.

    actually there was a Church here from about 313AD, but the current cathedral was built from a political act decided in 1268 by the Pope Clément IV, previosly bishop of Narbonne. The construction of the Cathédrale Saint-Just et Saint-Pasteur was designed in 1264 but it started building it in 1272,and the choir was done in 1332.

    Many questions as to why not finish, lack of funds, disagreements between the city councilmen, or the disastrous diseases of 1348-1355. Many attempts were done to finish it ,first in 1514,then 1708, and 1840.

    It was the biggest work in France at the times, and the building even if not finish is imposing indeed. The cloister was done from 1349 to 1417, and the cour Saint-Eutrope is a nice element passing from the choir to the cloister. It has an organ from the 18C and a belltower of 36 bells but not all in working conditions.

    Really something to see .

    cathedral from gustave fabr�� arriving at Cathedral st Just et st Pasteur side of Cathedral st Just et st Pasteur belltower of Cathedral St Just et St Pasteur
    Related to:
    • Architecture
    • Historical Travel
    • Religious Travel

    Was this review helpful?

  • gwened's Profile Photo

    Chateau des Comtes de Foix

    by gwened Written May 20, 2014

    2 out of 5 starsHelpfulness

    Castle of the counts of Foix. It is open to see it at different times and hours, so best to check the site for the latest ones. 5,60€ is the adult admission now,again check for updates on the official site.

    it is a beautiful maintain castle especially on the Inside and a museum on the life and times of Henri III, count of Foix. In 1594, the last Count of Foix, Henry III, was crowned King of France in Chartres and became the “Good King Henri IV”. The county was annexed de facto by the crown of France and ceased to exist (1607).

    The castle is mentioned from the 1C AD ,By 1002AD it was written in the testament of count of Carcassonne Roger 1ér. In 1034, the castle became the main siege of the counts of Foix ,playing a prominent role in the medieval military history of the region.
    It has a long history, beautiful to read with more time, it came to be a garrison , then a prison and finally a museum of the dept of Ariège since 1930.

    It's a must to see in the area.

    The regional tourist office in French is at
    http://www.tourisme-foix-varilhes.fr/chateau-des-comtes-de-foix/foix/tabid/20326/fromtabid/20034/offreid/9bbb7990-86e0-45ea-8c6d-7f15f555e056/detail-histoire-et-patrimoine.aspx

    Chateau de Foix ,rue de rocher from Place Pyr��ne, the castle bed of Count Henri III , Henri IV king of France pl de la halles aux grains and castle
    Related to:
    • Museum Visits
    • Castles and Palaces
    • Historical Travel

    Was this review helpful?

  • gwened's Profile Photo

    Pont de Gard

    by gwened Written Apr 22, 2014

    one of the marvels of Roman times and beyond 40 centuries of stories. it is open all year, with car parking, From 8.30 am to 7 pm in january, february, november and december
    - From 8 am to 8 pm in march, april and october
    - From 7.30 am till midnight from may to september

    with a car up to five persons can go over it for 18€, by foot 10€ per person.as of now check the site for updates.

    The pont du Gard is the monumental part of an aqueduct of more than 50 km long (52 702 m), which brought water from the fountain of Eure, located at the foot of Uzès, until the Roman city of Nemausus, today Nîmes, then at its peak. The spring waters come in part from the river of D'alzon, passing through the vicinity of Uzes, and water collected at mont bouquet, near À les. The aqueduct of Nîmes was probably built in the 1C AD, as evidenced by the ceramics on the walls. Tunnels dating from the time of Augustus had to be circumvented, which shows that the construction of the aqueduct is posterior, and coins found in the tanks of the city of Nîmes, where the waters of the aqueduct, were collected are not earlier than the reign of the Emperor Claudius (41-54). It is thought so that the construction of the aqueduct which belongs the pont du Gard must lie between the 40 and 505AD

    Built on three floors with stone extracted on the same places in the surrounding Roman quarries, the top of the bridge dominates the Gard, low water at 48.77 meters height, and, on its longest piece measures currently 275 meters. formerly there was 360 m long.
    Lower floor: 6 arches, 142,35 m in length, 6.36 m in width, 21.87 meters in height.
    Medium floor: 11 arches, 242,55 m in length, 4.56 m in width, 19.50 m height.
    Upper floor: 35 arches, 275 m long, 3.06 m of width, 7.40 m in height.
    This floor has lost 12 arches, and initially measured 360 m; It was preceded by an abutment of 130 m long; the origin of this abutment was discovered in 1988 . The arches had 16 Roman opening (4.75 m) feet, while the batteries had approximately 10 feet on 10 (3 m).
    Channel: 1,80 m height, 1.20 m in width, gradient of 0.4%.

    amazing to be standing in front of it; must see it;

    Pont du Gard up arches at pond du Gard
    Related to:
    • Architecture
    • Arts and Culture
    • Historical Travel

    Was this review helpful?

  • gwened's Profile Photo

    Cathedral Saint Pierre Montpellier

    by gwened Written Apr 22, 2014

    another beautiful cathedral of France. The cathédrale Saint-Pierre was originally a chapel of the monastery college of Saint-Benoît Saint-Germain, founded in 1364 by the Pope Urbain V. This Church was named Cathedral in 1536,while the episcopal seat was moved from Maguelone to Montpellier.

    It has gone thur wars of religion,with a great organ and wonderful bells. Here is the Catholic site
    http://www.cathedrale-montpellier.fr/

    and the city info on it in French
    http://www.montpellier.fr/331-cathedrale-st-pierre.htm

    Cath��drale Saint Pierre side view belltower and portico door of St Pierre
    Related to:
    • Architecture
    • Religious Travel
    • Historical Travel

    Was this review helpful?

  • GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

    Quillan

    by GentleSpirit Updated Apr 14, 2014

    3.5 out of 5 starsHelpfulness

    The town of Quillan dates from around the 12th century. It is probably not a tourist destination in itself. It is,however, an excellent base to explore the upper Aude Valley and Cathar country. There are good transportation links to Quillan and it is an easy trip to the Cathar Castles, Gorges de Galamus. During the week you can use the bus to get to the Pyrenees Orientales and Villefranche de Conflent and Prades. I stayed here for two nights and was satisfied with the services available to the traveler in this town. Hotels were plentiful and considerably cheaper than Carcassonne. One thing I did not try, which is a major attraction in Quillan and this region, is white water rafting, which is very popular in this part of Languedoc Rousillon. There are a number of outifts that will take you white water rafting, canyoning, via ferrata and other outdoor activities.

    Please visit my Quillan pages here

    Related to:
    • Hiking and Walking
    • Adventure Travel
    • Historical Travel

    Was this review helpful?

  • GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

    Rennes le Chateau

    by GentleSpirit Updated Apr 14, 2014

    3.5 out of 5 starsHelpfulness

    Rennes le Chateau offers a unique chance to explore a place that is mysterious. Wrapped in local legend you can delve into the controversial questions about this place. At the center of it all is Mary Magdalene, who has long been a local legend. Did she die in the South of France? Was she Jesus' concubine? If you are a fan of Da Vinci code this will have to be one of your stops. Rennes is a mystery wrapped up in a riddle.

    It is a bit remote, the views from Rennes over the surrounding countryside are magnificent. That said, its not easy to reach Rennes, and almost impossible by public transport.

    Please visit my Rennes le Chateau pages here

    Related to:
    • Historical Travel

    Was this review helpful?

  • GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

    Alet les Bains

    by GentleSpirit Updated Apr 14, 2014

    3.5 out of 5 starsHelpfulness

    Alet les Bains started life as a Roman settlement, mainly due to the presence of hot springs. What you can see today is a small town that has remains from various eras- some Roman, plenty of medieval remains. Interestingly, this small town once had an enormous pilgrimage church whose importance far exceeded its size. This was because at one time it had a relic there, a fragment of the True Cross that was donated by one of the Popes.

    What you see today are ruins of the once great monastery, quite well maintained all things considered. You can still see the walled town and medieval half timber houses.
    A charming place to visit. Give yourself a couple of hours. Easiest to reach from Quillan or Limoux

    note-easily reached by public transport, even on Sunday

    Please see my Alet les Bains page here.

    Related to:
    • Religious Travel
    • Historical Travel
    • Architecture

    Was this review helpful?

  • GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

    The Cathar Castles

    by GentleSpirit Written Nov 7, 2013

    2.5 out of 5 starsHelpfulness

    The Aude department trumpets itself as Pays Cathare, the land of the Cathars. Indeed, a major draw for tourists is the possibility of seeing a few of what are popularly called "Cathar Castles."

    These are isolated fortresses basically on or near what used to be the border between France and Aragon. Today it is the border between the departments of Aude and Pyrenees Orientales.

    The castles known as the Five Sons of Carcassonne: Queribus, Aguilar, Peyrepertuse, Termes and Puilaurens were not built by the Cathars. Historical evidence seems to indicate that yes, Cathars took refuge there, but these were not Cathar castles per se. Some were not even part of France at the time of the Crusade and would therefore not have seen any significant warfare at the time. These were generally rebuilt to serve as frontier posts as they guarded the border with Aragon at the time.

    What these castles have in common is there stunning location. Their original function as defensive castles was excellent. They were generally considered unassailable due to their remote location as well as the difficulty of actually getting to them since they are all located on fairly steep hills.

    As Castles go these are spectacular places. You are left to wonder how the builders made these places in the first place. The views are magnificent. There are some tours available and most of the castles have audioguides available. If you are in this part of France, definitely try to see at least one of the so called Cathar castles.

    Chateau de Puilaurens
    Related to:
    • Photography
    • Historical Travel
    • Castles and Palaces

    Was this review helpful?

Languedoc-Roussillon Hotels

Top Languedoc-Roussillon Hotels

Carcassonne Hotels
482 Reviews - 1411 Photos
Montpellier Hotels
203 Reviews - 618 Photos
Collioure Hotels
84 Reviews - 257 Photos
Perpignan Hotels
97 Reviews - 237 Photos
Céret Hotels
24 Reviews - 146 Photos
Béziers Hotels
82 Reviews - 249 Photos
Le Cap d'Agde Hotels
35 Reviews - 95 Photos
Sète Hotels
67 Reviews - 201 Photos
Nîmes Hotels
236 Reviews - 531 Photos
Le Barcarès Hotels
2 Reviews - 8 Photos
Gruissan Hotels
27 Reviews - 78 Photos
Aigues-Mortes Hotels
22 Reviews - 124 Photos
Narbonne Hotels
106 Reviews - 330 Photos
Vinassan Hotels
2 Hotels
Villepinte Hotels
6 Hotels

Instant Answers: Languedoc-Roussillon

Get an instant answer from local experts and frequent travelers

29 travelers online now

Comments

Languedoc-Roussillon Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Languedoc-Roussillon things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Languedoc-Roussillon sightseeing.
Map of Languedoc-Roussillon