The house of the mermaid is so called because on both sides of the door to hug one side there are a mermaid who seduces men and loses. This house is home to an association of friends collonges retains its heritage.
Walking around in this red town is a nice thing to do, we can enjoy all the small street with full of the red colour from all buildings. From this small street we can see the tower of the church.
Its remarkable gates are decorated with a 12th century tympanum carved in white stone (contrasting with the red stone of the rest of the village), representing the ascension of Christ dominating his mother and the 11 apostles. It was hidden during the wars of religion and only replaced in 1923.