Metz Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Metz

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Jacques Bockel: Fabulous macarons

by Dabs Updated Sep 11, 2013

My cat sitter loves macarons so I usually try to bring her some back, this shop had a lovely display of them in the window.

What to buy: Although I believe that this is primarily a chocolate shop, I didn't make it past the front window display of macarons. The 1st night I got a couple of salted caramel macarons, the next night we rushed back over so I could get some more and get some as a gift. The salted caramel ones were the only one I tried but they were the best I've ever had. Not to be confused with macaroons, the coconut cookie, macarons are meringue based cookies with a filling, the color usually matches the flavor so you can get a pretty assortment of them for gift purposes. Many people claim that they are only good the day you buy them but I did try one after several days and it still tasted good. Get them in a box if you are going to travel with them, in a bag you will get them home in crumbs.

Shops seem to close at 7pm in Metz on week nights, we got here at 6:55pm and they do not want to keep the shop open past that so it was a very hurried purchase.

What to pay: Macarons are not cheap, they are 1.15€ each here.

• lifeisatrip's Profile Photo

Metz Flea Market: Art Deco furniture at a bargain price!

by lifeisatrip Updated Jul 11, 2009

The Metz flea market is in two huge halls of the Metz Congess Hall. Websites say it is in the Parc des Exposition Center rather than Centre Foires et Congrès de Metz Grigy (one and the same), but the signs say Center Foires et Congrès. Also GPS does not show Expo Center nor does it show the street it is on. But it maybe because it was an older GPS we used.

The summer market (July, August) has fewer vendors we were told.

What to buy: Antique furniture galore and knick knacks. Bronze statues, paintings, lamps, vases, etc.

What to pay: It's hard to put a price on the stuff as it all depends on the condition and how much one wants an item. I looked at a few bronze statues and the asking price was between euro 200.00 and euro 400.00 for lesser name artists. Then there were a couple statues for over a thousand euro and one for 3,000.00 (known artists).

• Aurorae's Profile Photo

oriental: Oriental Shop

by Aurorae Updated Aug 5, 2005

Metz by Jelena

This is the shop I liked the most in Metz. It's wonderfully decorated, scented (with those oriental incense sticks) and there is wonderful music playing inside (at the time of my visit it was a gentle bossa nova).
    They sell all kinds of stuff from Orient, Africa, South America... There is even a furniture section.

Opening hours:

Tuesday-Saturday: 10:00-19:00
    Monday: 14:00-19:00

• Kristina1701's Profile Photo

Marques Avenue: Shopping Mall

by Kristina1701 Updated Jan 5, 2003

there are about 50 stores retailing leading brand names such as: Cacharel, Adidas, Sergio Tacchini, Quicksilver, Timberland, Daniel Hetcher, Old River, Sud Express.....
    Opened:
    Mondays : 14h - 19h
    Tuesdays - Fridays : 10h - 19h
    Saturdays : 9h30 - 19h

What to buy: Especially French brands and sports clothes are cheaper there than in Germany for example.

Instant Answers: Metz

Comments

Metz Shopping

Reviews and photos of Metz shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Metz sightseeing.