Nancy Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Nancy

La Mignardise: Good Diner

Nancy - France

In my first visit to Nancy, we entered by accident in a restaurant where we had the pleasant surprise of a fabulous dinner. In this second visit we tried to repeat it, but we were not sure how to find it. My colleague said it was something like "Capucin Gourmand", I had an approximated idea of its location, and... Mignardise was there. We entered, and the interior matched our memories.

We had a very good dinner there, and very reasonably priced.

Later on, surfing the net I saw that there is near it a "Capucin Gourmand" with a different look, but... recently renovated. I'm not so sure, now.

Mignardise was great, and, in the 3rd visit I promise I'll check both again.

Favorite Dish: I can't repeat the elaborated names of the dishes, but everything was tasteful and very well presented.

• Architecture

Cuba Feliz: Very fine for a late dinner

Restaurant

We went there for a light late dinner, and it matched exactly what we needed.

I don't know how it works with regular meals, when it acts as a restaurant, nor how is the ambiance when it turns into a bar, but the "Fajitas" we had in the "in-between" where perfect (yes, being hungry helps a lot!).

Mandaloun: Good, cheap and quick

Nancy - France

We were in a shortage of time, in front of this Lebanese restaurant.

We entered.

Good idea. This was my first Lebanese experience, and it was positive: we ate well, paid reasonably, and left in time. In a nice ambiance. Good!

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Brasserie Excelsior: Dining in Art Nouveau splendor

by Dabs Updated Oct 8, 2013

On my last visit to Paris we had dined at a couple of art nouveau restaurants and had really enjoyed them so I picked Brasserie Excelsior at my choice for dinner in Nancy. But when we arrived in Nancy we decided that we probably wouldn't stay there that late so we wandered in and decided to have lunch instead

Favorite Dish: The lunch and dinner menu appear to be the same, I didn't find what I wanted on the set menu so we decided to order a la carte. I got the entrecote, a Grilled Hereford rib steak served with Béarnaise sauce with gratin dauphinois and a salad.

• lifeisatrip's Profile Photo

Brasserie Excelsior: A landmark restaurant

by lifeisatrip Updated Jul 9, 2009

The interior

It has a nice warm feel to it, maybe because it is not airconditioned. Ha-ha! The decor is definitely Art Noveau. A prestigious group of artists contributed to the magnificent beauty of this bar-restaurant.

The menu is varied - meat, seafood, etc. Kind of pricey, but then again it is in France after all.

Favorite Dish: I had the rumpsteak, which was a little overcooked. But it may have been because of the language barrier. One of the waiters spoke english really well and explained to us what all those food were on the menu, however, someone else came and took our order. I wanted medium rare and got medium. Lost in translation!!

• Willmuzik's Profile Photo

Pasta Mano: Great Italian Restaurant!

by Willmuzik Written Aug 13, 2007

Right outside the restaurant on the street

I know it seems kinda weird to eat Italian when you're in a place like Nancy, but this place is FABULOUS! The food was wonderful, I had a cheese-stuffed tortellini with a white sauce and plenty of garlic bread, and there was even a kids menu too (pepperoni pizza for our son as usual). The staff is particularly fluent in English, but they had great attitudes and were patient with us as muddle through our limited French, and the bill was very easy and painless to handle. I highly recommend this place if you are ever in Nancy, it's right in the middle of downtown and near the Place Stanislas so it's a brief walk from all of the historical sites too.

Favorite Dish: The food was wonderful, I had a cheese-stuffed tortellini with a white sauce and plenty of garlic bread, and there was even a kids menu too (pepperoni pizza for our son as usual). Someone else with us had a basic fettucine alfredo which was good also, and we had some ice cream for dessert, equally pleasing.

Cafés on Place Stanislas

by tini58de Updated May 28, 2007

There are quite a few cafés and restaurants on Place Stanislas and my advice is:

do sit down on that square just to do some people watching and enjoying this great atmosphere!

There is for one the Grand Café Foy at 1, Place Stanislas, the Hotel Restaurant Le Stanislas Grand Hotel de la Reine at 2, Place Stanislas, the No. 5 (the place that was our favourite!) at 5, Place Stanislas, the Brasserie Jean Lamour at 7, Place Stanislas, the Restaurant Les Cesars at 8, Place Stanislas .....

So you see, you do have choices!!!

• tini58de's Profile Photo

Le Romarin: A delightful place!

by tini58de Written May 9, 2007

Le Romarin

We stumbled across this restaurant on our desperate search to find a place for our wedding anniversary that was not closed on Mondays!!! And "Le Romarin" is closed on Tuesdays, so that was perfect! Plus we liked the what we saw on the menu:

local cuisine from the Lorraine region, various delightful 4 course dinners at very reasonable prices and the wine list looked great as well! The interior was nothing fancy, rather rustic, so we took our chances and went there hoping to get a table without a reservation!

And we were lucky: at 7.30 p.m. most of the seats were taken, but we got a table inside (and could have gotten one outside as well)! From what I could see and hear, there were mostly French guests there, so I took that as a recommendation as well! They have a non-smokers section in the rear of the restaurant, but the bigger section is smoker's!

The menus were in French only, but staff was very friendly and helpful, so we had a most enjoyable dinner there! And in case you are wondering about all those Mirabelles: we did have choices, but we just love those mirabelles, so that was what we picked!!!

Favorite Dish: As usual hubby and I made different choices, so we could share and taste an even wider variety of food!

Menu Lorraine

Quiche Lorraine
    Tenderloin with Mirabelles
    Cheese
    Almond Pudding with Mirabelle sauce

Menu Passion

Salad with Snails and Mirabelles (to die for!!!!!)
    Trout with Mushrooms, Vegetables and Rice
    Cheese Variations
    Crème Brulée

Red and White House Wine

(and that all added up to 50 € - TOGETHER!!!)

• tini58de's Profile Photo

Brasserie Excelsior: If you like it fancy....

by tini58de Written May 8, 2007

Brasserie Excelsior

This restaurant was recommended to me by a friend who had thoroughly enjoyed the Art Nouveau interior as well as the food! We did have a look at the website first and later passed by the Brasserie/Café itself to have a look inside.

And wow, the interior is impressive!!!

We decided not to eat there, it was just too huge for us (we like the cozier places). But we definitely enjoyed the short visit there!

Besides lunch and dinner, they also serve breakfast (from 8am to 11.30am) and afternoon tea (from 3pm to 6.30pm).

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo

Le Jean Lamour: Relaxing at Place Stanisias

by Toshioohsako Updated May 4, 2010

Its in the midst of famous Place Stanisias. You can observe what's happening here from this restaurant.

• i have not been to this...

by vividvivian Written Sep 12, 2002

i have not been to this restaurant, but from its outlook... really nice :)
    Sushi's Bar

Favorite Dish: sushi and sashimi!! yeah!
    they look so fine !!

• Mr_Edd_20's Profile Photo

This is the entrance to...

by Mr_Edd_20 Written Aug 26, 2002

This is the entrance to Stanislas Square. If you look in the far background, you will see a statue, in the center of the square, and the gold gates are left of the statue.

Instant Answers: Nancy

Comments

Nancy Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Nancy restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nancy sightseeing.