Cahors Restaurants

• Gyppo's Profile Photo

Le Mephisto: Le Mephisto, Cahors

by Gyppo Updated May 25, 2008
    Not a very good photo of Le Mephisto

Simple food, at a good price, done well. The owner is very friendly - seeing my friend's amnesty top, he gave us free drinks. When he offered us the meat laden day menu, and I explained that I didn't eat meat or fish, he tore off some paper from his pad, 'Voici, votre repas'! I did get an omelette, fortunately. He also made the requisite animal noises to illustrate what, say, un canard was. Great fun.

Favorite Dish: My friend recommends the stuffed mushrooms.

• hquittner's Profile Photo

Le Balandre: Gourmet Eating

by hquittner Written Apr 20, 2008
    The Street Sign

This is a rated Michelin restaurant especially recommended for its local fare. As would be expected in a superior restaurant the staff, the presentation and the chef are exceptional. When we were here the value of the dollar was at its peak and at dinner we ate and drank heartily. Of course we were also staying at the hotel. They chose the Cahors wine for us. I cannot find a picture of the interior. Lunch is of course cheaper and if it were not raining we would have had that outside

Favorite Dish: Everything but especially the lamb and of course the local wine. It is a little sturdier than the nearby Bordeaux, full-bodied, not full of tannin like a Chianti. We are not experts but we have chosen it elsewhere (when it can be found). The latest price (2008) for a 3 course meal is 60 euro. Even then (1993) the meal with wine was greater than the room rate.

• Seniors

Instant Answers: Cahors

Comments

Cahors Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Cahors restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Cahors sightseeing.