Le Petit Sacha, Toulouse

4.5 out of 5 stars 2 Reviews

28, Rue du Taur , 31000 Toulouse 05 62 27 23 58

• Le Petit Sacha, and the real Sacha (in apron)
    Le Petit Sacha, and the real Sacha (in...
    by mikey_e
  • Le Petit Sacha: Sweet tooth in Toulouse

by Harrespil Written May 15, 2009

The restaurant is a lille wonder, a miniature copy of the bigger Sacha, located elsewhere in the city. The ochre walls give an impression of light and space and the whole thing is very classy.
    I was there was breakfast and was served quite quickly. the food was well-presented.
    Warning: It can be quite busy at other moments of the day and the service can be very long.

Favorite Dish: I took a hot chocolate with cream and a deli. You have a selection of patisseries and wafles, as well as pizzas and savoury pies. The cook was trained at Lenotre, so you can expect quality food.

• mikey_e's Profile Photo

le Petit Sacha: Great food, great service

by mikey_e Written Dec 13, 2008

Le Petit Sacha, and the real Sacha (in apron)

Le Petit Sacha is a bit of a misleading name for this restaurant. It makes it sound like you will be served by a small terrier some sort of Russian or East European food. Luckily, I didn't notice the name when I chose to eat here - the helpful and very nice owner simply ushered me towards a table. There was something in her manner that was very commanding - on a street filled with restaurants, she managed to convince me that this was (and it certainly was!) the best place to eat. The food served is, let's say, typical French food for the masses. I don't mean that it is mass produced, just that it is not fancy, often quite simple, but made with the absolute best ingrediants and so tasty that you the heart-ache it is likely to bring about will ensure you die a happy person. The owner is assertive but not aggressive - she can make definite suggestions and engages in general chit chat, but doesn't pester you . Perhaps the reason why I so liked this restaurant was that, after finishing my meal, the owner came over and told me that there was no rush for me to leave - in fact, she insisted that I stay, read a bit more, digest my meal and then leave when I felt ready. Quelle hospitalité!

Favorite Dish: I had the galette au fromage de chèvre. Galettes are slightly heavier than crepes, made with a integral flour. These were literally smothered in goat cheese and then drowned in locally produced honey. Simple, yet undoubtedly some of the best food I've ever eaten. Washed down with cider (the traditional drink for galettes), with a side salad, followed by black coffee. The restaurant also serves crepes, sandwiches and pizzas as main courses, and a variety of desserts (including sweet crepes).

Instant Answers: Toulouse