UNESCO site since 2008
Favorite thing: The centre of Arras was included in UNESCO's World Heritage List along with other buildings and squares planned by Vauban in July 2008. See also this site, in French only.
- Castles and Palaces
Saint-Vaast - more spots
Favorite thing: Here you see more views of Saint-Vaast cathedral:
1) an aisle of the church with a precious carpet against the wall;
2) the orgue, which is not so beautiful as the church would deserve;
3) the high altar;
4) a memorial tablet dedicated to the one million soldiers of the British Empire who died during World War I and who mostly rest in France.
- Arts and Culture
Excellent BMW Motorrad Service
Favorite thing: I can thoroughly recommend Europ' Touring to anyone that has a BMW motorcycle and is looking for a competent and friendly dealership.
I take my bike there for it's services from the UK and this involves a ferry and a 70 miles trip to get there.
Patrice the owner speaks English as well as his native French. Check out their website. Tell them I recommended you!!
Address: 4 rue Roger Salengro, 62000 Arras, France
Fondest memory: (It would be nice if there was a "tip" area to take into consideration those of use that use cars and motorcycles to tour away from the herds in coaches, trains and planes!)
Flemish baroque style
Fondest memory: Arras has the two most beautiful squares of Nord-Pas-de-Calais: Place des Héros and Grand'Place. These cobbled squares are surrounded with 155 houses in Flemish baroque style. It's quite impressive viewing the uninterrupted alignment of beautiful houses for the first time.
Fondest memory: This nice cat was looking at us from a window, so I photographed it. In the second pic, my mum appears next to the cat.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices