Know about this? Rate It!
Travel around - why not Belgium?
Nord Pas de Calais & Lille do not have to claim to be the crossroads of Europe !
I personally met quite a few persons working in Lille and live in Belgium, or vice-versa.
Why not take a nice drive to Bruges, the "Venice of the North" for dinner one evening, or go have a great time in Antwerp or Gent..
Richelieu Gardens and War...
Richelieu Gardens and War Memorial…
CALAIS ,Set up in 1862 on the site of the old town’s defences the Richlieu Gardens were redesigned in 1956. Rodin’s statue of the Burghers of Calais occupied the strip of land in front of the gardens from 1895 to 1924 when it was replaced by the 1914-18 war memorial, the work of the sculptor Moreau-Vauthier. Badly damaged by the bombing during the German occupation its place was taken by a memorial by Yves de Coetlogon which honoured the memory of the fallen of both world wars.
The symbolisation of Peace presses an olive branch to its breast.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Lille Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Nürnberg Hotels
- Pulau Beras Basah Hotels
- Ile de Jerba
- Apple River Canyon State Park Hotels
- Red Lake Hotels
- Ireland Off The Beaten Path
- Rome Off The Beaten Path
- Destin Off The Beaten Path
- Indiana Off The Beaten Path
- Cabo San Lucas Off The Beaten Path
- Chiang Mai Off The Beaten Path
- Dallas Off The Beaten Path
- Thailand Off The Beaten Path
- Kansas City Off The Beaten Path
- Pisa Off The Beaten Path
- Florence Off The Beaten Path
- Trondheim Off The Beaten Path