Know about this? Rate It!
Sunday market - Wazemmes galore
Another thing to do every Sunday morning is the fantastic Wazemme market which is located off rue Leon Gambetta a major road that cuts through the centre of Lille. Make sure you get to the market by then time it closes usually around 1pm or 2 latest. Nearer the end you will get the amazing bargains as the perishable goods are sold off at knock down prices! Olives, roast chicken fresh garden vegetables, sweets and biscuits of every kind! Kids clothing, lingerie, belts and scarfs, pippy long stockings in winter too! Make-up and other cosmetics of well -known brands is available at knock down prices - you won't be disappointed!
- Budget Travel
If you are in Lille on a Sunday, the must see place is the Wazemmes Market.
It is a sprawling open-air market, filled with locals and tourists alike.
You can buy everything from antiques, clothing, junk, flowers and fruit & veg.
You can buy live chickens and freshly roasted chickens.
It is a lively place for a wander, and a great way to spend a Sunday morning in Lille, as not much else in the city is open.
It took us about 20 minutes to walk here from the main square, but you can catch the Metro to Gambetta stop.
Place de la Nouvelle Aventure.
Open Sunday Morning.
- Budget Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Lille Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Dipolog City Hotels
- Rio de Janeiro
- Pasay City Hotels
- Saint Pete Beach Hotels
- Sharm El Sheikh
- Williamsburg Village
- Legaspi City
- Kepong Hotels
- Florida Off The Beaten Path
- Venice Off The Beaten Path
- Colorado Off The Beaten Path
- Georgia Off The Beaten Path
- Boston Off The Beaten Path
- Tennessee Off The Beaten Path
- DAY TRIPS AROUND MUMBAI
- Philadelphia Off The Beaten Path
- Key West Off The Beaten Path
- Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path
- Texas Off The Beaten Path
- Washington D.C. Off The Beaten Path