Lille Tourist Traps

The bil ?

by wandeljp Written Mar 8, 2008

Maison du Moulin d'or

Expensive!

To thank our friends from "couchsufing" of Lille to have offered us one if the interesting visit, I offered to drink something in a local bar/pub.

If the framework was magnificent with an exposition of photos of James Dean to the first floor, I have nonetheless had a bitter taste while receiving the bill. More than twenty Euro for 6 consumptions, that appears me disproportionate (3,40 € for a coffee and 4.2 €!!! for a local beer)

---oooOOOooo---

Pour remercier nos amis"couchsufeurs" de Lille de nous avoir offert une si l'intéressante visite, j'ai offert de boire quelque chose dans un café local.

Si le cadre était magnifique avec une exposition de photos de James Dean au premier étage, j'ai quand même eu un goût amer en recevant la facture. Plus de vingt euros pour 6 consommations, cela me paraît disproportionné (3,40 € pour un café et 4,2 €!!! pour une bière locale)

---oooOOOooo---

• Hiking and Walking

• barryg23's Profile Photo

Cafes on Grand Place

by barryg23 Written Jul 22, 2007

Cafe on Grand Place

Some of the cafes on Grand Place charge very inflated prices for drinks. As soon as we arrived in Lille we went for a coffee on the square. I was a little surprised that the bill came to just under 9 Euros for two. I guess you are paying for location here though, even allowing for that, it was very expensive.

Unique Suggestions: If you do fancy a drink on Grand Place then check the prices beforehand. There are many cafes overlooking the square and I can't believe all of them charge this much. I've forgotten the name of our cafe, but I do remember it was beside a Brasserie Paul on the south side of the square.

• denise16's Profile Photo

The Citidel

by denise16 Written Aug 28, 2004

Everyone recommends the Citidel, don't do what we did and assume that it is open to the public all the time. You can only go on pre-booked tours, and the only tour during our stay there wa fully booked, in French and only once durign teh whole weekend. It looked great from outside the gates though. Tcikets for tours are available from the Tourist information office, near Place de Republique.

Fun Alternatives: Kids might enjoy the little zoo close to the Citidel, it is free a little worn & tired but good way to keep little ones happy.

• Zoo

Instant Answers: Lille

Comments

Lille Tourist Traps

Reviews and photos of Lille tourist traps posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lille sightseeing.