Angers Restaurants

by TimDaoust

Most Recent Restaurants in Angers

Cote Grain: Tiny Sandwich shop

by TimDaoust Written Apr 29, 2005

This is a small place across the street from Papa Tino's and right next to la petit chouia. The lady who was working here was real nice (tres sympa) and wanted to practice her English on us so badly. It's a great place to stop and grab a quick bite to take with you on a walk or a picnic.

Le Havana: Cuban Restaurant

by TimDaoust Updated Apr 29, 2005

The all of us downstairs at Le Havana

The list of great international food hotspots continues with this rarity. The only cuban restaurant here and a very high quality. Seating is limited, they have a big section of their dining area in the building's basement. A unique feature of the decor which is quintessentially latin, is that the walls are studded with 1, 2 and 5 centime coins. The food was excellent though. One of my favorite meals here.

Favorite Dish: Whatever you order comes with fried plantains which are excellent. All the food is filling and just as spicy as you'd want it to be.

Pizza Tempo: More Quick Takeout Pizzas

by TimDaoust Written Apr 29, 2005

Another place that was good for takeout food. We actually sat down here to eat and I remember it was one of the first places we ate in Angers, because it was so close to our dorm and the train station. They have an extensive list of specialty pizzas as well as toppings for making your own pie. Plenty of seating indoors and even some outside.

Favorite Dish: We had a pizza that we took back to the dorm, that was covered with chicken and artichokes...yum!

Pizza Regal: Quick Takeout Pizzas

by TimDaoust Written Apr 29, 2005

This place was good when we needed something quick and fast so we could get to studying. Some nights when I didn't have time to rally up some people to go eat dinner with, I'd come here. They were quick and cheap and good quality.

Favorite Dish: Anything is good.

• TimDaoust's Profile Photo

La Trattoria: Brick Oven Pizzas!

by TimDaoust Written Apr 29, 2005

This place had a nice cozy atmosphere with venetian decor and all of their pizzas were cooked in a brick oven over a wood fire. The food was thus excellent. I would recommend it as it is also very close to the Chateau d'Angers.

Favorite Dish: Pizza!

Le Krishna: Good Indian Food

by TimDaoust Written Apr 28, 2005

Though slightly expensive for the portion size, in my opinion, this restaurant was another of many authenic international restaurants in Angers. the food was very good, especially the naan and the other breads they brought out. It was a tad spicier than most Indian places I've enjoyed more but I wasn't complaining, I was hungry.

Favorite Dish: I believe I got Chicken Korma, and it was very good.

La Grand Muraille: Restaurant Chinoise

by TimDaoust Written Apr 28, 2005

Man, this was a great place. We ate at a table out on the street and enjoyed traditional chinese cuisine in Angers of all places. The waiter didn't even speak French so we knew it had to be good. It's right around the corner from Rue St. Laud where a lot of the good restaurants are.

Favorite Dish: I can't remember exaclty what I got but I do remember this place offered the traditional options of paying a reduced price for a full meal with desert included. For desert I got an assortment of Asian fruits, lychee and mango among them.

Le Bistrot: Le Bistrot

by TimDaoust Written Apr 28, 2005

This restaurant is conveniently located right across the square from the SNCF train station. A brasserie and typical French bistro cuisine, menu items from steak hache to the more unique salmon carpaccio, this place was enjoyable. I think its main interest is in its convenience to the train station. Indoor and outdoor seating was available. Of course we ate outside because it was June in the Loire Valley and the weather was beautiful.

Favorite Dish: I had the salmon carpaccio, which was good for essentially being raw salmon with olive oil and dill.

• Beer Tasting

Les Varietes: French Bistro

by TimDaoust Updated Apr 28, 2005

Typical French bistro and brasserie setting but we had a great time here and returned on several occasions. It is located on Boulevard de Foch directly outside of the centre ville area. An easy walk from most places.

Favorite Dish: The favorite thing to get here for us was the moules et frites (mussels and french fries). However the best thing I got here was the salad nicoise, and I ate it anchovies and all...yum!

• Study Abroad

Le Petit Chouia: CousCous Restaurant on Rue St. Laud

by TimDaoust Written Oct 7, 2004

Very authentic Moroccan cuisine. This restaurant is on Rue St. Laud and right across the street from Papa Tino's. You can choose from several different entrees all or most of which come with couscous and they will bring a huge plate (and I mean huge) of couscous for everyone to share. Before the meal they bring out several kinds of olives, curried carrots, and all other sorts of appetizers to nosh on. You can enjoy your meal outside or inside as with everyone of these restaurants.

Favorite Dish: I had the lamb with couscous. The couscous is always velvety and tasty and everything from the appetizers to the entrees to their selection of wines rocks.

• TimDaoust's Profile Photo

Papa Tino's: A Pizzeria in Angers?

by TimDaoust Updated Oct 7, 2004

A quaint little Italian restaurant in the historic district of Angers on a street where pretty much everything is a restaurant. The food is excellent, the service is great. It's mostly pizza but excellent variety and mostly local wines on the menu. I must have eaten here every week I was in Angers.

Favorite Dish: I got the pizza paysane which had ham and potatoes on it. Also get the Rose d'Anjou or the Anjou Rouge here and sit outside on the street. (And I mean, "on" the street).

• jackdewey's Profile Photo

La Ferme: Great affordable traditionnal french cuisine

by jackdewey Written Dec 26, 2003

Offerering traditionnal french cuisine, la Ferme is a wonder. I had dinner there once during my stay and was amazed at the food quality for the price. 17 euros for an appetizer, main course, cheese platter and desert. They serve a lot of wild animal meats. Everything was great, and they had a nice selection of wines to accompany.

Favorite Dish: - Terrine de faisan
    - Pavé de cerf

Instant Answers: Angers

Comments

Angers Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Angers restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Angers sightseeing.