Craon Travel Guide

By the River in Craon
    by balhannah
    A good Patisserie for morning tea
    River Oudon @ Segre

Craon Things to Do

Inside St. Clement Chruch 4 more images

by balhannah Written Aug 31, 2011

Unfortunately, I can't find out any information about this Church. I went inside for a look and thought it was interesting and was well worth spending some time inside. It was different to other Churches I had been into.
    Have a look at the photo's and see what you think.

• Religious Travel

Bridge at Craon 3 more images

by balhannah Updated Aug 31, 2011

Located in the old city of Craon, we crossed the Oudon River. I just happened to glance and saw an old bridge and some reflections. As a result, the car was stopped, and off I went for a look. There were two bridges, and both of them looked quite old, probably were, as they were located in the medieval part of town. It was worth the stop, as the area was really pretty.

• Photography
    • Architecture
    • Hiking and Walking

• Craon Hotels

0 Hotels in Craon

Craon Off The Beaten Path

Town Hall in Louis X111 style 3 more images

by balhannah Written Aug 31, 2011

Not far from Craon, also located alongside the River Oudon, is the town of Segre. We were only here for a short time, but we couldn't help but notice the huge St. Madeleine church upon entering Town.
    We didn't have time to do the 4.5km town walk which takes you past the Church and many other points of interest, but I have put the website below. The Church is noted for its neo-byzatine architecture, and it has listed windows of importance.
    Along the river. there was a board-walk which stretches for quite a way, I wished I had the time to walk it. I did manage a small walk and saw the prettiness of the area.
    This 1000year old town probably deserved more exploring!

Instant Answers: Craon

Comments

Craon Travel Guide
Map of Craon