Amiens Warnings and Dangers

Double YUMM!

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Amiens

• Amiens Stone Attack

by GibbinC Written Aug 30, 2011

Recently while staying in the city we were subject to an attack by youths throwing stones in the northern area (The Project!) of the city. Travelling on our motorcycle we were riding from the city camping towards the center and after about 1km we turned left towards Leroy Merlin. Within a minute, driving through a district with high apartment buildings, about 20 people ran full tilt towards us from all sides and started throwing rocks full power. Full throttle and out of there! Miraculously neither me or my wife were hit but cosmetic damage to the motorcycle amounted to around 500 euro’s.

Both the police and the campsite manager were great but I gather from what I heard that this was not an isolated incident.

Stay center/ south, stay safe!!

• Motorcycle

• Suet's Profile Photo

Cakes and more cakes!

by Suet Updated Apr 4, 2011

Delicious cakes

If only you KNEW where shopping here ends up. Straight on yer bum!

Berni and Carl headed straight for it like bees to a honeypot and got A LOT of cakes.... heh heh!

I love the way the French wrap the cakes up in little boxes like delicious presents, which is what they are of course. The most dangerous one was the Mervielleuse...

• Eugenetheduck's Profile Photo

Credit Card Skimming

by Eugenetheduck Written Oct 5, 2005

My husband had his credit card skimmed at one of the ATM's in Amiens. 650 Euros were taken out before the card was deactivated (thank goodness for the CR's archaic banking system that limits weekly withdrawals!) . The ATM was on the main mall near the town hall.

• DanielF's Profile Photo

As far as I know, Amiens is a...

by DanielF Written Aug 26, 2002

As far as I know, Amiens is a very safe and quite city. At least in the central area. This is a picture of an ancient house in the square in front of the cathedral.

Instant Answers: Amiens

Comments

Amiens Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Amiens warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Amiens sightseeing.