Old Timer Citroën
Si vous avez de la chance vous rencontrerez cette camionette.
Elle est actuellement toujours employée en magasin ambulant
If you're lukky, you'll see this camionette.
It is currently always shop assistant travelling
Souvenir de la puissance de Saint-Riquier, l’abbaye des XVII et XVIIIe siècles abrite actuellement un musée de la vie rurale.
On peut y découvrir les outils, matériels et ateliers artisans. Un dépôt du Musée National des Arts et Traditions Populaires illustre l’importance qu’ont pu avoir la vigne et le vin en Picardie. Deux granges sont reconstituées dans le parc qui s’anime début juillet au son d’un Jazz sur l’herbe.
To remember the power of Saint-Riquier, the abbey of the XVII and XVIIIe centuries currently shelters a museum of the rural life.
One can discover there the tools, materials and workshops craftsmen. A deposit of the National Museum of Arts and Popular Traditions illustrates the importance which the vine and the wine in Picardy could have. Two barns are reconstituted in the park which becomes animated at the beginning of July with the sound of a Jazz on grass.
The Belfry of Saint-Riquier
Le beffroi de la commune de Saint-Riquier est à l'emplacement actuel depuis 1283. Après quelques destructions et reconstructions, il acquiert son apparence actuelle en 1788.
Sa partie supérieure est composée d'un clocher et de 4 clochetons couverts d'ardoises.
Une partie du beffroi fut autrefois utilisée comme prison. On y trouve aujourd'hui le Syndicat d'Initiative.
Le 15 juin 1930, lors des commémorations du 500ème anniversaire de Jeanne d'Arc, une plaque fut posée en mémoire du passage de la pucelle en novembre 1430, qui devait être enfermée au château de Drugy
The belfry of the commune of Saint-Riquier is with the current site since 1283.
After some destruction and rebuildings, it acquires its current appearance in 1788. Its higher part is made up of a bell-tower and 4 covered pinnacles of slates. Part of the belfry was formerly used as prison.
One finds the Tourist office today there.
On June 15, 1930, at the time of the commemorations of the 500ème birthday of Jeanne d' Arc, a plate was posed in memory of the passage of the virgin in November 1430, which was to be locked up with the castle of Drugy
Discover The town of Saint-Riquier
Des circuits fléchés et randonnées pédestres permettent la découverte du village.
Arrow circuits and pedestrian excursions allow the discovery of the village.
Baptismal funds of Renaissance style
Comparé à la façade, l’intérieur de l’édifice pourrait paraître sobre.
Il surprend par ses imposantes dimensions et la richesse de sa décoration apparaît bien vite dès lors qu’est passé le choc de la façade.
Compared with the frontage, the interior of the building could appear sober.
It surprises by its imposing dimensions and the richness of its decoration appears well quickly since the shock passed frontage.
Saint Riquier Abbey church: The frontage
La façade, qui date du XVIe siècle, présente la double particularité d’être dominée par une unique tour centrale qui s’élève à 50 mètres et d’être dépourvue de fenêtres, ce qui a permis un incroyable déploiement de statues enchâssées dans un réseau dense d’arcatures et de lignes qui rappelle la chapelle du Saint-Esprit et la Collégiale Saint-Vulfran.
Le tympan central représente l’arbre de Jessé. Il est couronné par une statuaire représentant la Trinité, deux abbés et les apôtres. Encore plus haut, on remarque le couronnement de la Vierge, St Michel, Adam, Eve, Moïse et Elie.
Avec les deux portails latéraux, c’est au total près d’une cinquantaine de statues en pied qui anime la façade et domine la place dans une étonnante relation de continuité avec le visiteur.
The frontage, which dates from XVIe century, has the double effect of being dominated by a single central tower which rises with 50 meters and to be deprived of windows, which allowed an incredible deployment of statues enchased in a dense network of blind arcades and lines which points out the vault of the Holy Spirit and Collegial Saint-Vulfran.
The central tympanum represents the tree of Jessé. It is crowned by a statuary representing the Trinity, two abbots and the apostles. Still higher, one notices the crowning of the Virgin, St Michel, Adam, Eve, Moïse and Elie.
With the two side gates, it is on the whole nearly about fifty statues in foot which animates the frontage and dominates the place in an astonishing relation between continuity and the visitor.
Situé à quelques kilomètres d'Abbeville et à proximité des sites touristiques de la Baie de Somme et de la côte d'Opale, Saint-Riquier est un des sites les plus prestigieux et les plus intéressants du département de la Somme, tant l'histoire et l'architecture s'y mêlent intimement.
Petite bourgade de 1200 habitants, Saint-Riquier est un village attrayant marqué par l'imposante présence de son Abbatiale du XIIIe-XVIe siècles de style gothique flamboyant, de son Abbaye restaurée du XIXe siècle, de son Beffroi du XVIe siècle., de son Hospice avec l'élégante chapelle du XVIIIe siècle et les sculptures de Pfaffenhoffen, de la maison Napoléon et de la prison Jeanne d'Arc.
Located a few kilometres from Abbeville and the places of interest of Bay of Somme and the coast of Opal, Saint-Riquier is one of the most prestigious sites and most interesting with the department of the Sum, so much the history and architecture mingle with it closely.
Small village of 1200 inhabitants, Saint-Riquier is an attractive village marked by the imposing presence of its Abbey of blazing XIIIe-XVIe centuries of Gothic style, its restored Abbey of the XIXe century, of its Belfry of XVIe century., of its Old people's home with the elegant vault of the XVIIIe century and the sculptures of Pfaffenhoffen, of the Napoleon house and the prison Jeanne d' Arc.
Abbey church Saint Riquier inside
Les dimensions de la nef gothique sont harmonieuses, la pierre blanche réfléchit la lumière et lui confère une majesté propre à servir au célèbre Festival de musique de Saint-Riquier.
Dimensions of the Gothic nave are harmonious, the white stone reflects the light and a majesty suitable confers to him to be used for famous Festival of music of Saint-Riquier.
The abbey church of Saint Riquier
The history of Abbey is animated.
It was several times burnt and rebuilt, before being definitively raised at the XVIIe century, under the abbatiat of Charles d' Aligre.
It presents a splendid frontage of Gothic style blazing (fine XVe century) entirely carved and all in verticality.
Visits of the Abbey: Schedules of opening of April 1 to October 31: 10h00-12h00 and 14h00-18h00 (guided tour every hour).
From November 1 to March 31: to contact the tourist office.
Means of heating of the inhabitants and true gold mine.
Long, located in the valley of the Sum, drew its fortune from the extraction of the peat.
The schools, the bridges, the town hall, the church, the station and the hydroelectric power station were built thanks to the sale of peat cuttings…
View of the Long town
In following order you on this pic from Long: The church, the town hall, the presbitary and the castle of course.
The CHURCH JEAN-BAPTISTE SAINT:
The first church was built in Long at the 12th century. It was smaller than that of today. Then another church replaced at the 15th century. In the middle of the 19th century, the church became too small (Long counted 1800 inhabitants in 1845) but also very dangerous because of its state of outdatedness. The commune decided to rebuild another of them by keeping nevertheless its stone bell-tower which one can admire today (a true cathedral overhanging the valley of the Somme). This new church, which is inspired by Notre Dame of GOOD HELP, close to ROUEN, was completed in 1851 . It is of neo-gothic style and the light is present there everywhere. The expenditure was balanced by it by the sale of peat cuttings which was the principal richness of the commune of Long. Also, the capitals all, different, are the work of the famous Duthoit brothers of Amiens who worked much on the Cathedral of Amiens also. The dresser, in oak, of neo-gothic style, was designed by architect DELFORTERIE and was carried out by sculptor BUISINE-BIGOT.
Town view from the river side
Many walks exist in the marshes and on the plate.
They were organized to make it possible each one to discover the various assets of the Commune.
Their distances vary from 2 to 8 kilometers, this making it possible to pass to Long half an hour or more…
LONG: The Castle
Charming castle out of stone and pink bricks, a madness of the 18th century is the work of the Boffrano architect, who built the Soubise hotel in Paris. The roof in Mansart gives him any sound charms. During the building work of the current castle, one found the foundations of an old extremely occupied castle in 1119 per Guillaume de Fontaine, Seigneur Long and LONGPRE. This castle was thus built in 1733 by the count De Buissy to allure Miss Adélaïde… Nothing made there. The count de Buissy bequeathed it to his daughter, which married in 1789 the Count De Bousbers d' Abbeville. The large living room, if luminous, whose nine windows dominate the river Somme is decorated by twelve piers representing the signs of the zodiac. The woodworks of this part have an extraordinary history. Indeed, they were sold in the years 1930 with family SINGER and one believed well a long time that they had left for America. Mr De Berny, who had a private mansion, wanted to repurchase them and thus contacted with the heirs to house SINGER. After three years of research one found these woodworks on the quays of Le Havre, in large cases. They had never embarked for America. Mister de Berny has to make build a part in his park to be able to install these woodworks and of the copies were installed in the large living room of the castle Long.The castle was seriously damaged during the war 1939-1945 and the German occupation (the soldiers returned in the castle with their motorcycle combination and they had burned doors, windows and parquet floors).
LONG: The Town hal
Located in Picardy in the department of the Somme, the Commune of LONG is a tourist village which knew to keep an exceptional framework of life. It offers to the tourists a nature preserved with its ponds and its river, a true paradise for the fishermen and the hunters. This village has a history very interesting thanks in particular to the extraction of the peat or of a hydro-electric factory for example which offered the light and running water in the houses at the beginning of the 20th century. LONG is a magic place which offers walks of discovered with superb sights (castle 18th, horses camarguais, seen panoramic on the valley of the Somme).
Built in 1869, thanks to the peat sale, this town hall is a very pretty administrative building.