Angoulême Transportation

Most Recent Transportation in Angoulême

• barryg23's Profile Photo

TGV

by barryg23 Updated Feb 5, 2003

I took the TGV train from Gare Montparnasse in Paris to Angouleme. The TGV is one of the fastest and most efficiant trains I've been on, and the journey took less than 3 hours. Fares can be expensive, but there are some savings if you book in advance.

I was seated next to a really cute girl and I remember thinking it would be a good idea to strike up a conversation to practice my French. So there I was thinking what to say. Maybe I could say I was over from Ireland and ask her if she knew anything about Angouleme. Everone loves the Irish, right? Or maybe I could ask her if she knew when the train got to Angouleme. Just as I was about to ask her about the weather (always a sure-fire conversation starter at home) she said to me "Would you like a Jaffa Cake"? It turns out she was from Nottingham and she guessed I spoke English as I didn't have the French look (I think it was quite I didn't have the French tan and maybe she was kind). Nevertheless it was great to talk to someone for the journey. I think she was on the way to Toulouse to meet her bf. Hello there Nottingham girl wherever you are!

• lorgnierl's Profile Photo

all is possible

by lorgnierl Written Jul 30, 2003

all is possible to visit angoulemes
    i came by car, cause i live very close
    but you have on this view the railways possibilities

Instant Answers: Angoulême

Comments

Angoulême Transportation

Reviews and photos of Angoulême transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Angoulême sightseeing.