La Palmyre Travel Guide

• La Palmyre
    ALexis and a big Turtle

La Palmyre Things to Do

• The Lighthouse

There is also a lighthouse in this area. Due to I have never seen a lighthouse before I wanted to go and see it. Fortuneatly my co-drives shared the same interests and so we went there. Look at it when you are there. Please read the following tips to get more information about the lighthouse.

• View to Gironde mouth

If the weather is good it is also possible to see the mouth of the Gironde into the Atlantic ocean. In this area the gironde is already very tall so that someone could think that it is a bay ... but it is a river who goes into the sea .... Just click on the picture to see it.Don´t miss this light house, it is really good viewing point!

• View from Top (2)

The view from the lighttower is great! Here you can see the beach and the land behind. It must be great here in the evening, when the sun sets slowly above the ocean.I must visit this place again for shure ... but ONLY with co-drivers who share the SAME interests!

• View from top (1)

This is one of the phantastic views you will have upstairs! You can see the ocean at all its magnificance and begin to dream of exotic places ... and maybe (how knows??) you will see a ship there, that loads you up and brings you to place you have ever dreamed to go .....:-)))

• The Lighthouse Staircase

Climb the lighthouse! It is worth to go up, because their are just 200 stairs to walk .... and you won't regret it afterwards!When I was standing on the ground I had to take this interesting picture of the staircase which goes up ... It looks interesting in my opinion and the eyes want to follow the stairs up.

• The staircase

Here you can see again the great staircase which you saw on the first photo. In my opinion this is the better one ... Here I stand above and shot down. The eyes want to follow the stairs down ....Such a lighthouse offer always interesting surprises!

La Palmyre Transportation

sand path to the ocean

by MEdelmann Updated Aug 31, 2003

Pointe de la Coubre is located between La Tremblade and La Palmyre. It can be found in a good atlas too, but unfortuneatly not in the VT locations list!

It will be a great tour if you take it from Cognac or Bordeaux.

• Beaches

La Palmyre Warnings and Dangers

• Be careful with the wind...

If you wear a hat or cap, be careful when climbing the light house. It is very, very windy on the top so that I was afraid to lost my cap. So I put it off from my head and I leaved it in the car. And I recommend anyone to do the same as I did.

• Sand dunes

Take care of your shoes! There are a lot of Sand dunes there. When I photographed I didn´t realised that I stand in the sand .... and when we came back to the car I had to put off my shoes and even socks because all was full of sand .... !BUT this sand dunes looked great!

• La Palmyre Hotels

0 Hotels in La Palmyre

La Palmyre What to Pack

The ocean

by MEdelmann Updated Aug 31, 2003

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Bring some good shoes (because of the sand) and a warm jacket (because of the wind), when visiting Pointe de la Coubre.

Photo Equipment: Bring a camera with you, when you are as photo-addicted as I am .... :-)) The landscape and staircase is worth to photograph ....

• Adventure Travel

La Palmyre Sports & Outdoors

The beach

by MEdelmann Updated Aug 31, 2003

It must be wonderful to go jogging on the beach in the evening (when the sun sets) or in the morning!

And in Summer it will be great to go swimming here!

I am going back there one day.

• Beaches
    • Adventure Travel

La Palmyre Favorites

• The Ocean (1)

It was a windy and cloudy sunday afternoon when we came to the beach near La Palmyre ... and it was a lot of fun to watch the high waves of the ocean. This is interesting for someone who lives in a country that have no sea. Just have a look at the picture to see the stormy waves of the ocean.

• The Ocean (4)

I needed nothing when I was sitting there and watching the waves and I began to dream of sailing on the ocean to exotic destinations like Java, Hongkong, Shanghai ....

• The Ocean (3)

.... and it must be also wonderful in the evening to watch the sun setting above the ocean on a sunny summer evening.....

Instant Answers: La Palmyre

Comments

Explore Deeper into La Palmyre
The Ocean (2)