Aix-en-Provence Sports & Outdoors

• IngaA's Profile Photo

Playing golf, noble game

by IngaA Written Jan 18, 2003

Our International Golf team

I've never thought that it is so interesting. Really, it was an unextected pleasant surprise for me.
    There is a golf club near La Gard with beautiful green field, flowers are ewverywhere too. Great place for active relaxation. I wish I could repeat it someday.

Equipment: Golf lubs and balls.
    The full set of golf0clubs consists on 9 clubs for different landscapes (sand, water, grass etc).
    And 1 special club for the 1st blow (which was always extremely difficult for me, btw).

• rickyvilla81's Profile Photo

St.Victoire again

by rickyvilla81 Written Nov 6, 2002

Hiking around and up St.Victoire:
    For those of you who wish to hike up St.Victoire to the peak, there is no bad time of year for it. I went on a sunny day in January, and stripped to my t-shirt. However, as you may be aware, bad winds can attack you at any time of year, so it might not be a good time to be hanging off the edge when it's windy. And it tends to rain a lot in the spring, but check the weather forecast. To hike to the top, take the bus to Vauvenatgues, and get off one stop before the end. It takes about two hours to walk up the steep hill, and then you reach a monks retreat, where you can stay the night.
    But you might not want to trek to the top! So maybe it would be an idea to hire a bike from the tourist office and go around that way. Or get the bus to Le tholonet and walk around the base of the mountain. The meadows are beautiful in sunny weather, and there is a large dam and a lake that is a great place for photos.
    I never went that way myself...friends told me of it...

Equipment: Hiking boots, water, sunglasses, a camera, and a phone?

Instant Answers: Aix-en-Provence

Comments

Aix-en-Provence Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Aix-en-Provence sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Aix-en-Provence sightseeing.

View all Aix-en-Provence hotels