Arles What to Pack

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo

My guide books in Arles

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Jun 24, 2012

My travel guide in Arles

Miscellaneous: Here are my guide books that provided me details about a geographic location, tourist attractions, or most interesting itineraries in Arles:
    Provence. Societe Ajax, Edition du Boumian – Monaco. 230 photographs, 8 sketchmaps. 1995. 128 pages.
    France. Le Petit Fute. Michel Strogoff & Ass., City-Guides, Country-Guides, Paris-Luxemburg-Moscow. 1999, 64 pages.
    France. Polyglott Verlag GmbH, Munchen, 1993, 96 pages.
    Around the World. France. Second edition. Publisher "Around the World", 2005, 544 pages. 79 cities, 168 museums, 300 churches and cathedrals, 22 Castles, 50 maps, 200 illustrations.

• Prepare for mosquitos..big, hungry ones

by tilapia Written Sep 28, 2005

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Bring mosquito repellant! According to our waiter, as we swatted gigantic mosquitos from our necks, they are the "the specialites de la region". Unfortunately, we didn't have any repellant and after travelling around Provence, we have huge musquito bites as souveneirs

• davequ's Profile Photo

Things to bring

by davequ Written Aug 19, 2004

Allez, allez, ALLEZ !

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Good walking shoes for the old stone streets of Arles. Light clothing for the hot sun of the summer and early fall; protective clothing for the windy Mistral of winter and early spring.

Photo Equipment: If (unlike me) you are a serious photographer, bring your best 35mm and tripod with filters and lenses for the beauty of the Provence.

Miscellaneous: Rent a car or motorcycle and drive to Les Baux, St. Remy, north and around into wine country (Chateauneuf du Pape, Rasteau), just go, go, GO!

Instant Answers: Arles

Comments

Arles What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Arles what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Arles sightseeing.