Avignon What to Pack

Best Rated What to Pack in Avignon

• sue_stone's Profile Photo

Suffer from Hayfever ?

by sue_stone Written Feb 27, 2004

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: If you suffer from Hayfever and find yourself in Avignon in Spring (as I did), make sure you take some hayfever tablets with you.

I don't really suffer from it, but it hit me hard the minute we got to Avignon - there was so much pollen in the air.

• Krystynn's Profile Photo

Packing List

by Krystynn Written Aug 24, 2002

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Before you leave on a trip (no matter how long you'll be away), list the complete contents in your luggage (that's everything... including make-up, books and medications).

Carry a photo of your suitcase as well as a description of it (i.e. make, type, etc.). Should your bag be lost or stolen, you'll have everything you need with you in order to expedite a claim.

Here's one important tip I've learnt from my well-traveled and well-heeled buddies/ colleagues over the
    years and that is to ALWAYS roll your clothes when packing.... and you'd never have to worry about ironing again when you reach your destination.

How do the clothes stay rolled up?

Here's another trick I've picked up: Just cut off the legs of old panty hose. Put your hand inside one of the cut-off legs, grab that rolled up t-shirt and pull it through. And, Voila! My things stay rolled up like assorted sausages....

Basically, this is my important rule of thumb: DO also try and plan your wardrobe in such a way that you'll have no problem mixing and matching your outfits and it should be able to see you through from day to night. So in this instance, that little black dress WILL come in VERY handy for the night events AND in the day time too! :-))

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Ladies, DON'T forget to transfer all your toner, cleanser, night cream et al into small plastic
    containers - to save luggage space.

Photo Equipment: I ALWAYS, ALWAYS bring along at least 2 camaras with me... just in case one breaks down. My friends used to laugh at me.... until their one and only camera broke down. When when they have to RELY SOLELY on me and my amateurish photographic skills, they
    stopped laughing. Yes, immediately. Serve them right! :-))

Miscellaneous: DON'T forget to bring along your ATM card and.... an open mind.

Remember, if your ATM card is linked to international networks like 'Cirrus', 'Plus',
    'The Exchange' etc, you can withdraw money from any ATM machines in the world.

What's more, you'd even benefit from the low interbank exchange rates being given to you vis-a-vis if you were to change it at your local money-changer. I have survived on this method for ALL my trips abroad and so far, no ATM machines have failed me. Yes, even in the remotest villages in Africa. :-))

If you haven't tried this method yet, I challenge you to do so today. And be pleasantly surprised at how much you can save at the end of the day using this method. I kid you not!

'If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, it might be better stay at home.' - James A. Michener

• sandravdp's Profile Photo

Packing List

by sandravdp Written Sep 7, 2002

Luggage and bags: Backpack or sportsbag

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Dress lightly in summer

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Suncream!

Photo Equipment: Film is available here.

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Bring your tent or caravan to a camping nearby.

Instant Answers: Avignon

Comments

Avignon What to Pack

Reviews and photos of Avignon what to pack posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Avignon sightseeing.