Biot Restaurants

• Flying.Scotsman's Profile Photo

Pizzeria du Soleil: Good food, great views

by Flying.Scotsman Written Dec 28, 2009

Eating at the Pizzeria du Soliel

Biot is one of those places where an extended walking tour and a good lunch are the main attractions. On looking for the latter we spotted a menu for this place beside some tables in the Place deGaulle. There seemed to be no signs, but the menu did have the name of the restaurant printed on it. A waitress came up to us and led us away from the square, along a narrow passage and up some stone stairs into a large room overlooking the valley below. We had a pizza and a Greek salad, which were delicious. For atmosphere, food and views, it is an excellent restaurant to eat at.

• Elainehead's Profile Photo

Restaurant des Arcades: Ok Provençal cuisine

by Elainehead Updated Mar 17, 2014

I was craving for "fleurs de courgettes farcies" (stuffed zucchini flowers) and my husband took me to this family-run restaurant in Biot.
    He used to eat here when he worked in a nearby city.
    We arrived a bit before 8 PM without a reservation on a Saturday night. We were seated at a table by the restaurant's main entrance. Our order was scribbled on the paper tablecloth. The service was quick. We had "fleurs de courgettes farcies" (12 Euros for the 3 fleurs de courgettes farcies served with tomato sauce). It was good but my husband found a bit of plastic in his food and pointed this out to the young waiter. The waiter was very sorry for this. He came back later to apologize again and told us that the bit of plastic found was from a plastic water bottle (how did it end there?) and that it was actually in the stuffing. We didn't want another surprise, so we ate our "tian de courgette" (zucchini gratin = 15 Euros) very carefully.
    It was served with tomato sauce and fries. Drinks: un pichet de vin Rosé (12 Euros) and one carafe d'eau (free).

Important: Reservation highly recommended. No credit cards accepted. Closed on Sunday evening and all Monday. If you do not like dogs, avoid this place. There's a gentle male German Sheppard who likes to wander around. He won't bother you asking for food, but if you have a pet, he will most likely er... smell him/her.

UDPATE MARS 2014: The restaurant and the menu haven't changed much. I had again the "Tian de Courgette" but this time it was with "aux 3 viandes" (with 3 types of meat), and it was nothing to rave about. On the menu, it was written 16€ but one of the waitress said it was "17€" and my hubby's day dish was supposed to be "19€", but she charged it "17€". It was really confusing. She went to check but said that she was correct... 34€ for a lunch set-meal menu (appetizer + main dish or main dish + dessert), I think it's too expensive...

If you want try local dishes and is in Biot, why not try this place, but coming here only for this restaurant, I would say "no". I don't know if the dog is the same one from 9 years ago, but there is an old German shephard hanging around.

• Elainehead's Profile Photo

Les Mas des Orangers: Cozy Tea Room

by Elainehead Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Les Mas des Orangers

Les Mas des Orangers is a delicatessen, tea room and also an art gallery.
    We were in Biot and by coincidence we bumped into some of my husband's relatives from Paris. They invited us for some tea. The tea room is located in the upstairs of the delicatessen/art gallery. It is a small place and they have just a few tables.

Favorite Dish: I don't remember the exact name of the tea I had, but there was the word "automne" at the end. It had a flavor of lemon and hibiscus. Very good! A bit expensive though... 5,70 € (I guess). My husband had "la route du soie (or something like that).
    Too bad I wasn't hungry! I didn't taste their "gateaux", which are provided by Hervé Martinez (on my Nice pages, check my restaurant tips).
    A bit too expensive for some tea...but as we were guests, we didn't pay for anything.

Instant Answers: Biot

Comments

Biot Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Biot restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Biot sightseeing.