Breil-sur-Roya Travel Guide

by Elainehead

Breil-sur-Roya Things to Do

• Elainehead's Profile Photo

by Elainehead Written Jul 24, 2010

This small creek is located in the border of Italy and a great place for beginners (make sure you have a guide or someone who's been here before and of course, the right equipment). The water is crystal clear and the landscape is nice.

• Water Sports

Breil-sur-Roya Transportation

• Muscovite's Profile Photo

by Muscovite Written Sep 20, 2014

Looks like we have seen the last of those wonderful 'Trains des Merveilles'.

I suspected something goes wrong when they gave me an amateur-looking sheet of paper with the timetable at the Tourist Office in Nice, as the usual little booklet was not available at the station.
    But when I got to Vintimiglia (it is on the Italian end of this railway), I got to know accidentally that this route was nearly laid of (in high tourist season!), then put back into operation September 1st, but stil its future is quite uncertain.

I was just about to make a long visit to Breil, Sospel and Tende - these are beautiful places. So far I have only been to Tende, very shortly.
    And how am I supposed to get there now - by taxi?..

Normally the Train des Merveilles would take you to Sospel, Breil-sur-Roya, Tende and other lovely mountain townships.

• Trains
    • Photography

Instant Answers: Breil-sur-Roya

Comments

Breil-sur-Roya Travel Guide
Map of Breil-sur-Roya