La Pizzaïola "Chez Xavier", Cannes

• Elainehead's Profile Photo

La Pizzaïola "Chez Xavier": Great food and wonderful staff

by Elainehead Updated May 26, 2007

Restaurant - Pizzeria - Grill
    Vente à emporter (take-out)
    Closed on Sundays at noon

Price Range: 11 to 20 Euros.

We have already eaten here twice and we will return for sure.

This is a very down-to-earth restaurant with no snobish staff and/or posers customers. The ground floor is reserved for non-smokers and upstairs for smokers.

Their main specialty is pizza, but you'll find other dishes (salads, fish, pasta, etc) and desserts as well. If you don't like pizza, I'm sure you will find something good to eat here. As far as I remember, their menu is also translated into English, so they are used to foreign tourists. I believe they also have dishes especially for kids.

My husband had pizzas (Reine and Four-cheese, around 11 Euros each) both times and he said they were good. The first time, I had a goat cheese salad (11.50 Euros). It was good! The last time, I had cannelloni (12.50 Euros). It was divine!!! Note: Any pasta is served with a salad (mine was lettuce).

The 1st time we asked if it was possible to have an "affogato" (espresso and ice cream) since it wasn't on the menu. Gladly the waiter was Italian and knew what we were talking about. He was more than happy to prepare it for us. He was very funny pretending he didn't know what it was. For a moment, my husband thought the guy was really senile (well, he's not really young, uh, probably in his 50's), but then he said he remembered us. They charged us 3.30 Euros for an affogato. Maybe they should have it included in the menu.;)

Restaurant bathroom was clean.

• Singles