Car & Taxi, Cannes

Know about this? Rate It!

• Car & Taxi
    by NiceLife
  • breughel's Profile Photo

Taxi to Nice Airport.

by breughel Written Nov 20, 2011

From the airport of Nice to our hotel in Cannes (near the Plage du Midi) we took a normal taxi at the airport. It did cost us with all the usual supplements (ref. my tip from/to Nice airport) 85 €.
    For the return to the airport of Nice we depended from the taxis of Cannes who are even more expensive. Our hotel arranged the trip with "Azur Chauffeur" from Juan les Pins. We were picked up exactly on time at our hotel. The price was 90 €.
    There are cheaper but also less comfortable ways to reach Nice airport than a taxi. If you are two or three with luggage the cost/comfort ratio is not that bad anymore. Furthermore we don't go to Cannes every week-end!

• Business Travel

• nihandenis's Profile Photo

In winter car should be preferable

by nihandenis Written Nov 22, 2008

We have hired a car from Milano with GPS system.
    And drive from the motorway. It took around 3 hours. Parking was not a big problem in Cannes as we went there end of October. There is a big parking area next to the train station & you can reach everywhere easily from this point. But if you are not familiar to the French or Italian parking system be careful. We have paid the parking fee + penalty as we did not know that we have to put the parking fee paid receipt in front of the car. Anyway we drive from Cannes to Genoa from the seaside. If you can avoid the traffic in the rushour driving can become a pleasure. Parking is free at some places between 7 pm - 9 a.m.

• annusa's Profile Photo

French Riviera Transportation and Tours

by annusa Written Mar 29, 2008

Since we, family of 8, only had one day to see the French Riviera, the surrounding areas of Nice, we opted to hire a private tour operator who specialized in the area. Riviera Premium Tours and our travel guide, Jerome, exceeded our expectations. He customized the 8 hour tour to include visits from our Monaco hotel to Ventemiglia, Antibes, Eze Village, St Paul, Cannes and then to our Nice hotel. It was definitely one of the highlights of our trip.

Driving with retro style

by NiceLife Updated Sep 21, 2005

A refreshing antidote to the relentless onslought of gleaming black 4x4s, this cutie parked outside the entrance of The Martinez offers effortless retro style. Convertible(of course) Porsche with that 50's flavour. An original touch to a knockout entrance. . Any second Lesley Carron will step out the lobby with enormous dark glasses and headscarf, pause to light a cigarette, and drive off to the sound of Henry Mancini strings

Retro-style antidote to black and chrome

Know your place

by NiceLife Updated Sep 17, 2005

The Martinez forecourt in August stuffed as usual with expensive Mercedes. Here a cheeky mini has snuck in to pole position, leaving the car jockeys with shades and wire in ear much perplexed. Inverse snobbery? The Italian Job? Not so much retro chic as retro cheek?

Mini at the Martinez

More automotive eye-candy

by NiceLife Updated Jul 20, 2005

Hotel lobby, Cannes Noga Hilton, a gleaming gun-metal grey £300k Lamborghini. British number plates, personalised registration ends "HER". No doubt somewhere is a matching version with the numberplate "HIS"

Now I should know the answer to this, but why haven't I got one of these?

Ah yes. Its all coming back to me: I wasn't born rich, I'm not married to money, I'm not lucky, I can't sing or kick a ball, I am not a criminal, and I can't be arsed to work 24 hours a day.

What's your excuse?

Oh yes, its not Lambrusco,  its Lamborghini
    • Business Travel

Instant Answers: Cannes

Comments

Other Transportation in Cannes