Éze Restaurants

by MM212

Most Recent Restaurants in Éze

• Chateau Eza: Great panorama of the mountains and the sea

by GeryPayne Updated Sep 30, 2013

Very helpful and friendly service. The view of the restauran is good and worth to have the recommended menu at a scilent summer night.
    Good menu - choice is very wide, the staff is attentive and quick to respond, but ther's not enough seafood in menu (as for last April).

• Alikatt's Profile Photo

Les Remparts @ Chevre d' Or: excellent food and even better views!

by Alikatt Updated Apr 4, 2011

First of all, it's stellar in every aspect : the quality of food and service . It offers the most stunning views of the sea below, St. Jean-Cap Ferrat and Villefranche Sur Mer which comes with a pretty penny. This restaurant is for open-terrace dining which is a must during the summer months. The more formal one is indoors for cooler evenings.

Check the prices before you order champagne. I only say this because one of my friends nonchalantly nodded when the sommelier recommended a bottle of champagne when we said that only two people in our party of four were drinking alcoholic beverage that day. A bottle of rose champagne with 4 glasses appeared a bit later. We just looked at each other and drank its contents anyway. Later when we got the bill, we realized that the champagne costs more than the total lunch bill! But it was still worth it with my best friends with me in one of the most fabulous settings in Cote d' Azur! That surely made it even more memorable. C' est la vie!

Favorite Dish: We ate fish and salads. Both we very very fresh, delicious and beautifully presented in the house china with gold trim and and a golden goat in the middle. That's the chevre mesdemoiselles. The favorite 'dish' is still the stunning vista!

• Sailing and Boating

• Jeanlyon's Profile Photo

Auberge de la Croix du Pape: Great ambience, wonderful food

by Jeanlyon Updated Oct 6, 2010

We were a party of 14. We had a tuna salad starter and then fillet of beef afterwards. The beef was just wonderful. Then strawberry pavlova, the best I have ever tasted. Good wines and great location overlooking Villefranche sur Mer.

• dustmon's Profile Photo

Chateau Eza: Top of the Hill Restaurant

by dustmon Written May 21, 2010

While walking the mazey streets of Eze, it started to got a little drizzly, and it was lunch time, so we stopped in to this Michelin rated Restaurant nearly at the top of the hill. We had some lovely soup and a small Nicoise Salad each, with a glass of fine wine, it came to about $80 US---we were not displeased--the views even through the low clouds were beautiful, and the service was superb. Definitely recommend this place!

Favorite Dish: Fresh Salad Nicoise

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo

The Cafes & Restaurants of Eze: Dining with a View

by VeronicaG Updated Oct 8, 2009

A Sweet Little Cafe

There were several assorted cafes and restaurants on Eze's mountaintop. I thought this particular one, being of intimate size, looked very welcoming.

If I had dropped by other than to take a quick photo, perhaps I would have asked for a small glass of white wine. Not too much, though, for I had a good deal of climbing to do. Just enough to relax and restore!

Then I'd settle into my seat and watch the parade of people go by. Maybe I'd be planning my next stop or dashing off a postcard to someone back home. Doesn't it look like an idyllic spot?

• Architecture
    • Castles and Palaces

le Cactus: Creperie et Salon de Thé

by MM212 Written Jul 5, 2009

le Cactus

Located just at the entrance of the village, le Cactus is a very casual café that serves delicious crêpes and other refreshments. It is located on a tiny square called la Placette with outstanding views of the hills and Mediterranean. Le Cactus offers outdoor seating.

Château Eza: Michelin Rated

by MM212 Written Jul 5, 2009

Ch��teau Eza

Another exquisite restaurant in Èze Village, Château Eza is part of the hotel with the same name. The hotel is a member of www.slh.com (Small Luxury Hotels), which can do no wrong, while the restaurant is recommended by Michelin. Both are housed in a medieval palace that was once the home of a certain Prince William of Sweden (le Prince Guillaume de Suède). Like la Chèvre d'Or, Château Eza's restaurant is graced by incredible views over the Mediterranean and Cap Ferrat, accompanied by excellent French Mediterranean cuisine.

Château de la Chèvre d'Or: Relais et Châteaux

by MM212 Updated Oct 6, 2008

La Chèvre d'Or is the restaurant of the namesake hotel. The two are part of Relais et Châteaux, a stamp of approval for luxurious boutique hotels and restaurants worldwide. The hotel and restaurant are named after le Château de la Chèvre d'Or, where they are located, a mediaeval palace built on the sloping hills of Èze Village. Try la Chèvre d'Or if you are looking for a haute cuisine French dining experience with amazing views of the Mediterranean. Lunch or dinner, make sure you dress nicely (in those clothes with deep pockets).

• Bistrot Loumiri: Restaurant to Avoid in Eze

by nbfi2001 Written Aug 26, 2007
    Restaurant that serves Rudeness

We bought some chocolate ice cream from this place, I went back two minutes later to request that the change given to me (5 euro) be given to me in coins instead since we needed this for the parking meter.

The male attendant who had served the ice cream wanted to do it, but the French lady owner / manager who overheard this very rudely told me that "We have no change!" She could clearly see that I was still holding the ice cream that I had just purchased from their restaurant, but this didn't make a difference. She was extremely rude, loud and obnoxious.

In our 10 day trip to the south of France, this was our only experience of the famed discrimination that the French are supposedly known for. Everywhere else, the French people were very nice and helpful, despite the language barrier.

I strongly recommend that you avoid this restaurant.

• alisonr's Profile Photo

Le Bergerie d Eze: Another amazing view!

by alisonr Updated Jun 29, 2007

Unfortunately at this time I don't have a shot of the view to show you, but it basically was a view back over the town of Eze perched high upto the hill top. Salad was really nice too. But the wine was the absolute bestest bit!! They have a red wine mixed with something cooler (not sure what) sort of a rose, that you have before your meal on the balcony overlooking Eze. Really really top stuff! They also have a chat noir (black cat) which comes around to see you while you are eating your dinner, if you are lucky!

update ... a big thank you to vt member indengr for letting me know this delicious drink is called Kir - a mixture between dry chardonnay and cherry juice (no wonder I loved it!) .. and .. most importantly - that the black cat is still there!!!

Favorite Dish: Fantastic food, I had mushroom chicken and i usually hate mushrooms!

• Chateau de Chevre d'Or: Pick your time of day carefully !

by BillyReyn Written Sep 17, 2006

The view and the food make this one of the great experiences of your life. Eat outside, and go at the odd hours 2:30 - 5:30 for lunch. The prices drop from several hundred dollars for lunch down to the $50 range.

• vivalasteph's Profile Photo

Du Cheval Blanc: dining on the edge

by vivalasteph Updated Apr 24, 2004

du Cheval Blanc

The setting is perfect, at the foot of Eze-village, with huge windows looking down into the vista where the hillside dips to the sea. A pleasant outdoor area surrounded with trees provides some sun and air while you enjoy your meal.

Favorite Dish: Two favorites here were the pizza aux quatres fromages, it was delicious, and the Penne Siciliano was a real surprise - loads of flavors from the eggplant, olives, and spicy sauce.

• chagi1's Profile Photo

Cafe on top of the world

by chagi1 Written Nov 7, 2004

cafe with a beautiful view

Just before entering in the Gardens of Eze is located the cafe you will have some beautiful views of it once you reach the top of the gardens!

Instant Answers: Éze

Comments

Éze Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Éze restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Éze sightseeing.