Did you mean?Try your search again
Istres has many ponds around and they are all arounded by a touristical road. You can securely walk around them but bicycle is the funniest way to enjoy the countryside. Many ponds are to visit:
- "l'olivier" cercled by the town, 2hrs walking (12kms), 30mn bike
- "Saint Blaise" protected area very beautiful place to walk and bike, half a day to make a full visit
- "Lavalduc" next to Saint Blaise, south of Istres...
- "Entressen" north of the town
- "Le Pourat" near Saint Blaise etc..
Most of them are acheologic locations; dated from Roman age!
Come and enjoy the typical countryside of Provence West, and the proximity of Camargue.
Updated Jan 20, 2008
There are plenty of festivals that occur specifically in the town or in the general provinces. See the link for more information. Spring is the best time to go, flowers are blooming and the main strip of cafes is full of life.
Written Sep 1, 2002