Nice Nightlife

Outside Palais Nikaia
    by Elainehead
    FUN!
    by brandonfisherman
    They have their hats sitting tight
    by Muscovite

Most Recent Nightlife in Nice

• Wayne's Bar: Wayne's Bar!!! It is ssoooo cool!

by justinjamieson Written Dec 1, 2006

This is super cool for just getting out and getting trashed. I wish we had bars like this back home. The staff are cool the music is kicking and you can dance on the tables.
    Great cheap food in the bar is available and the girls are HOT!
    Pretty warm inside so leave your coat at home if you can but they were cool to order me a cab when I left and it had got a bit chilly! ( it was October).
    Tried a few other places but this was the one that made my holiday!!!!

Dress Code: Something small! and runners as the floor gets a bit messy with glass and stuff!

• Singles
    • Music

• Ma Nolans: Cards, Jokes and Cocktails!

by cyberbabe312 Written Oct 15, 2006

I discovered Ma Nolans when searching for another Irish pub I'd read about called O'Haras. Never got to O'Haras! Ma Nolans was fab and the bar and waiting staff were really friendly. They made terrific cocktails, took time out to speak to you and get to know you and generally were always up for a laugh! I came here in total 4 nights out of my 7 and it was my best discovery! Certainly for someone travelling on their own this was a great place to relax and make new friends.

I also went to another Irish bar called Mc Mahons which was good cos it had a pool table! And there was a guy there doing tremendous card tricks. Brilliant night.

Don't go to Nice without going to Ma Nolans and sampling the Lynchburg Lemonade!

Dress Code: Informal

• Study Abroad
    • Work Abroad

• checkpointbaby's Profile Photo

checkpint all the way: nice nitelife

by checkpointbaby Written Sep 16, 2006

Spent 3 weeks in Nice nd was da best summer ever!!!!!the place to start the party is definatly at the beach because drinks are expensive in most places!!!checked out mpost of the popular venues but checkpoint pub and downstairs disco wasthe best!!!very friendly and hot barman!!ladies nites on monday nite with all the champagne you can drink for 2€ is the most poular night where the place is packed downstairs!!the have special offers every nights...waynes was good but too busy really to get to know anyone..also good were ma nolans and mc mahons irish pubs!!checked out 3 of the clubs event sweet and escalier managed to get in without paying because am irish but were dissaopinting and wouldnt have been worth there 20€ entrance fee.Were very frenchall you need to remember when going to Nice is to go to Checkpoint

Dress Code: casual whatever you want

• Singles

• JohnniOmani's Profile Photo

The Beach: Med Sea

by JohnniOmani Written May 7, 2006

Nice is a great place to chill out and relax and watch the locals go about their business. The best night I spent in Nice was down on the beach. The beach in Nice is not pure white sand but it is enjoyable. At night, you can see all the luxoury casinos on the waterfront and with a nice bottle of wine you wont want the night to end. Nice was not my favorite place in France but a few nights on the beach made up for my lack of interest in the local wealthy people.

• al_mary's Profile Photo

Le Bar Des Oiseaux: Locals Jazz Club

by al_mary Updated Nov 26, 2005

Le Bar Des Oiseaux

Great little Jazz Club that our we were
    taken to by a VT'er Lluis who lives in Nice.
    Seems to be a locals club, as it was not
    that big and was not in the tourist area.
    NOTE:
    The only problem we had, we were short
    changed, so If you a tourist, count your
    change when you get it ....

Dress Code: Casual dress, nothing fancy required. When we went, there was a 4 piece
    girl group performing, and the funny part was, they live only about 90 miles
    from us here in the states, they are touring France for 6 months ....

When entertainment performs, there is a 5 Euro cover charge, but it
    is well worth it. (about 6 USD)

Check out their website below, interesting locals club that we would
    recommend to visit while your in Nice.

• Flaty's Profile Photo

Beach: Beach in the Night

by Flaty Written Nov 17, 2005

If you just want to relax in the evening, take some friends, bye some drinks in one of the small shops around and lie on the beach or go swimming in the sea, that really is beautiful.
    I will write sth. more in some days, just am a little bit busy currently.

Dress Code: none, even if you go swimming, you do not have to wear anything (I tried it ;-))

• everywhere!: Happy Hour

by tammytoes Written Oct 9, 2005

All over the old city there are dozens of fantastic little pubs! These pubs usually have a happy hour that runs from 12-9pm, in which you can get great deals on drinks. After 9pm the drink prices almost double, so I would definitely recommend going early and getting your party started!

These pubs/bars have SO much atmosphere! The people are all very friendly, and there is some great live music!

Dress Code: casual.

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Opera de Nice: Opera anyone?

by Beausoleil Updated Jun 23, 2005

Opera de Nice

If you like opera, you will enjoy it in this lovely old building in the Old Town of Nice.

They have opera, ballet, choral music, symphonies and other events at the marvelous 1885 building in the Grand style.

For a change of pace, why not attend "The Nutcracker" at Christmas in Nice. They have many different kinds of events at the Opera de Nice. Check them online and get the schedule.

Dress Code: Dress depends on the event and on your seats. Generally, the more traditional the event, the more traditional your dress should be.

If you have box seats, dress to the nines!

• Architecture

• astro_kerryn's Profile Photo

Snake handlers on the streets of Nice

by astro_kerryn Written Feb 28, 2005

Exploited snake and petrified kid!

Whether you think its a good thing, or it brings up animal welfare issues, you will find snake handlers around the restaurants and shops of Nice at night. You can hold the pythons, touch them and laugh at people who are freaked out by them. One handler assured me his python was well taken care of and that the money he earnt exploiting it was spent on the snake. What can you do but take their word for it. None the less, it is interesting and a major hit with kids.

• Zoo

• barryg23's Profile Photo

Le Promenade des Anglais

by barryg23 Updated Oct 14, 2004

Me ruining the view

As we were both still students we couldn't afford to eat out too much. Instead, we usually had dinner on the balcony off our room, and to work off all the food and wine we walked the Promenade des Anglais.

This Promenade derives its name from the English holiday makers who used to visit Nice in the late 19th/early 20th century. It runs along the seafront for approximately 5km, and is full of joggers, roller bladers and strollers.

• caribou_ire's Profile Photo

Saramanga: Young Club

by caribou_ire Updated Apr 24, 2004

My 3 friends and i were recommended by some locals to visit 'Saramanga'. Unfortunately (?) me and one of my pals didn't get get it. Apparently our trousers were too baggy! None the less, the other two waltzed on inside and left us out on the street! The two of us went elsewhere and eventually back to our apartment. The next morning we were told many a fabulous stories of Saramanga from the 2lads who did get in. They made it out to sound like a hell of a lotta fun. Maybe it was. We decided that we would buy some hair-clips to keep our trousers up, hence, get in to Saramanga that night. And so we did.
    I was expecting Saramanga to be fun, exciting and full of 'cool' people. I was let down. It was just the same as any other 'club' i've ever been to. There was nothing in there to even suggest that i was in a foreign country. It was much the same as the few 'clubs' that dot my hometown -kilkenny- and i was not impressed. Typical poppy music blared out of the 'dj' box which was surrounded by teeny boppers requesting their favourite Justin Timberlake 'song'.
    I was looking for an alternative scene, something unique to France, something new. What i didn't want to hear was English chart music. Obviously i shouldn't have gone there. Next time im in Nice, i shant be. Despite all these dissapointments, i was there with my 3friends and, sure enough we would find some way to enjoy ourselves. We spent a while dancing in the cages (cages!!) that surrounded the interior of the place, just taking the 'mick'. Soon enough however, we grew tired of that.
    Needless to say we all left soon after.

Dress Code: Try not to wear baggy trousers, although im not exactly how strict they are. A pair of shoes may help

• vivalasteph's Profile Photo

O'Neill's: Pints and punters

by vivalasteph Written Nov 14, 2003

O'Neill's Pub

A traditional pub on the Rue Droite, with a large variety of beers, and SkySports on two screens. A welcome stop if you want to have a pint and catch English Premier League football.

Yes, it's a chain, popping up all over Europe, but this is no McDonald's.

O'Neills: O'Neills Irish Pub

by Psife Written Oct 30, 2003

A really great Irish pub, filled with really nice people, live music and wonderful staff. We started almost every night there, and made several long-lasting friends, before continuing out into the rest of Nice's nightlife.

Show football and rugby games and has several famous theme nights.

• Beer Tasting

MacMahons: MacMahons Irish Bar

by Psife Written Oct 30, 2003

An Irish bar at the edge of Vieux Nice, seemed lika a nice place to take or have (we had a giant discussion if you can "have a beer" or "take a beer") a beer.

They had a very nice Happy Hour when a Heineken cost 2 Euros. In the we spent the entire afternoon and evening on their balcony, sitting in the sun ordering in round after round.

• Beer Tasting

Wayne's: Wayne's

by Psife Updated Oct 30, 2003

Definitly the most popular place in Nice. A crazy party place that start's at Happy Hour and never slow down until it closes. It becomes completly packed with drinking, dancing people.

Always have great live bands performing in the inner room where more people are actually dancing on the tables than there are room on the floor.

Dress Code: Casual.

• Study Abroad

Instant Answers: Nice

Comments

Nice Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Nice nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Nice sightseeing.