Bocaccio, Nice

by dave_l_ransom
  • Chickytrick's Profile Photo

Bocaccio: Italian Restaurant in the heart of Nice

by Chickytrick Updated Nov 6, 2013

Have been here twice. Good food, waitstaff is friendly and professional. Food is fresh and tasty. Only one thing: the portions are huge, literary huge. I know it depends on how much a person eats and how hungry we are, but for me (who is little eater) and my husband (who eats normally to general standards) it was a lot. One main course for two of us would have been enough. Or forget the starters.

The place is in the pedestrian area, very convenient for lunch after shopping. Dinner should be also OK, we just both times had lunch.

Open daily:
    12.00-1430
    19.00-23.00

• Singles

• dave_l_ransom's Profile Photo

Bocaccio: Great paella

by dave_l_ransom Written Nov 25, 2007

paella

In the pedestrian zone so lots of foot traffic and noise if you're dining outside. Wait staff very prompt and professional.

Favorite Dish: Has to be the paella. All the shell fish is great but the seafood & sausage paella is outstanding.

• Bocaccio: Food Poisoning too

by Ronnyr Written Nov 13, 2007

I had the same experience as Hank97, I had food poisoning too. I had the seafood pasta, the dish was huge and very tasty, if it was not for the after effects I would say the restaurant experience was great. The wait-staff and manager were very friendly.

• Bocaccio: BEWARE: Horrible food poisoning!

by Hank97 Updated Oct 13, 2006

Two things you should know about this place:
    1) The portions are huge and fairly hugely priced to match. My girlfriend and I shared the seafood platter (34 euros), described by the waiter as 'not very big', and one entree (the lobster spaghetti for 45 euros) and we couldn't finish either one, there was so much food. The lady at the table next to us complained to the waiter that her entree must be meant for three people, it was so big.
    2) STAY AWAY FROM THE SEAFOOD PLATTER!!! Aside from costing 34 euros and being genuinely terrible (we only finished it because we figured we'd spent so much on it already), it gave both my girlfriend and I the worst food poisoning we've ever had in our lives. We were basically incapacitated for an entire day (thank god we ate there on our last night in Nice, so we only felt the effects of the poisoning after we got back). I would NEVER go back to this place and I would caution anyone else against going there.

Bottom line: the lobster spaghetti was good (expensive and too much of it, but good), but that doesn't even come close to balancing out the horrible stomach cramps, vomiting, and...intestinal distress...that plagued both my girlfriend and I for almost two days.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS RESTAURANT!

Favorite Dish: If I had to pick one, it would be the lobster spaghetti.

• al_mary's Profile Photo

Bocaccio: Boccaccio Restaurant

by al_mary Written Feb 7, 2006

Great Food - Great Service

We found that this place was
    very clean, and that the waitstaff
    was very friendly and helpful.

We give it a 9 out of 10
    If you like seafood, stop in .....

Favorite Dish: The lobster ......
    Probably the best we've had in Europe !

• Franck_newyork's Profile Photo

Bocaccio: Awesome fish and italian cuisine !!!

by Franck_newyork Written Oct 9, 2003

This restaurant is a must-go if you want a thrilling experience of seafood: they serve everything ie oysters, shrimps, lobsters, all sorts of fresh fishes (fished not raised!!!) and cook and accomodate them multiple ways.
    Also, excellent italian dishes, and the best Paella, I've ever had.
    Not a tourist trap. Great value for money!
    The yacht-like decoration is relaxing and service is outstanding. This is a well run business with demanding manager on site!

• Luxury Travel