Saint-Paul Favorites

• Huks's Profile Photo

Narrow streets

by Huks Updated Aug 29, 2007

Amazing street

Favorite thing: Like other medieval places there were not very wide streets but very much narrow small streets. Streets very often go down then up because of relief of this place.
    It is interesting simply walking along these streets.

• kmorlo16's Profile Photo

Too Cute!

by kmorlo16 Written Sep 2, 2006
    Sreet in St. Paul DeVence

Favorite thing: We took a bus from Nice to St. Paul de Vence and the bus fare was really cheap. I just loved this little walled village. This place has to be one of the cutest places I have ever visited. I loved walking the narrow cobblestone streets and browsing (OK sometimes shopping) in all of the shops and galleries. We were there off season in February, so we did not have to deal with crowds or tour buses. I think this village is an absolute must if you are visiting the Riviera.

• Architecture

• Maillekeul's Profile Photo

Flowers everywhere - Une ville en fleur

by Maillekeul Written Jun 6, 2004

Favorite thing: Though it first looks like a medieval city, St Paul is really green, thanks to the inhabitants' wish to display splendid flowers, trees or some lush foliage...

Bien qu'elle apparaisse au premier regard comme une ville medievale, St Paul est tres verte, grace au souhait des habitants d'amenager idealement des fleurs superbes, des arbres et de la vegetation grimpante (les bougainvilliers, notamment)...

• vivalasteph's Profile Photo

Photo Opportunities

by vivalasteph Written May 14, 2004

rue de la tour archway

Favorite thing: I carry my camera with me everyday. You never know what you'll come across, from reflection in a window, to a shadow on the grass.

A village like Saint-Paul is nothing but eye candy for anyone who loves history and architecture, and has plenty of film. There are so many little streets and archways, nooks and crannies, just waiting to be captured!

Being in Saint-Paul in the off-season was perfect. Not many tourists, so we had many of the streets and courtyards to ourselves.

Fondest memory: I made a right off the Rue de la Tour and found this archway. I waited patiently as a family came toward me, wrangling their two children along, and finally they turned off the path ahead. I'm aimed and ready, about to click, when Sabine suddenly appears from the street on the right, looking away, looking up, looking everywhere but not noticing me under the arch. she finally turns and jumps, while I'm still holding my camera. She walked back up on the right, I snapped this pic, then we had a good laugh and moved on.

• Architecture
    • Museum Visits

Instant Answers: Saint-Paul

Comments

Saint-Paul Favorites

Reviews and photos of Saint-Paul favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saint-Paul sightseeing.